NEWS Pre-season Challenge 1: Broncos 24 drew Titans 24

ScreenFoVs2M1aYAE6UDT

NRL Pre-season Challenge 1: TITANS - Feb 12, 7:05pm (Sunshine Coast)

Broadcast on Fox/Kayo only.

The obvious separation is the fact that you can see the damn touch line in between the hand and the ball and on the reverse angle, you can see the fingers aren't even near the ball.

The interpretation for grounding the ball with the wrist/forearm doesn't apply. If the ball comes away from the hand, which it does, he has to re-grip it. He doesn't.

The bunker official got confused and forgot that part of the grounding interpretation never changed with the amendments to the rule.

The obvious separation is the fact that you can see the damn touch line in between the hand and the ball and on the reverse angle, you can see the fingers aren't even near the ball.

It's not obvious using your photos.......I'm in doubt.

Benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacking team.

The reverse angle makes it appear to be a drop because Khan-Pereira's palm comes off the ball. However it doesn't show the vision that he maintains contact with his middle and ring finger which the side on verifies.

It was a tough call but since it went upstairs as a try and there wasn't definitive proof to argue the call you can live with it.

Worth noting neither O'Ofou or Frei were charged for their indiscretions.

The biggest tell for it not being a try is the titans player laughing when it came up as a try ... he knows he bounced it.

The still frames are one thing but when watched in the slow mo you can see the ball come away and then the telltale bouncing of the ball after grounding

The images above aren't doing any favours. Watching the front-on replay, there's a very obvious bounce of the ball.

Maybe this is my turning point and I need to go to Specsavers but I swear looking at the replay of it the first front on looks like a no try. Then the bunker reviews it with a high resolution and it doesn't look as damning as the initial replay. Then you get the reverse which looks like a drop before Klein throws the on-field referee under the bus.

Then they replay a choppy side-on that makes it look like a try.

Is it just me?

Maybe this is my turning point and I need to go to Specsavers but I swear looking at the replay of it the first front on looks like a no try. Then the bunker reviews it with a high resolution and it doesn't look as damning as the initial replay. Then you get the reverse which looks like a drop before Klein throws the on-field referee under the bus.

Then they replay a choppy side-on that makes it look like a try.

Is it just me?
The front on had more than enough evidence... you can see the ball come loose and then the ground stops it before the titans hand catches up at which point it's bounced and skews away.

The side on was garbage vision... I couldn't see anything from it

If we're still arguing about it, it's understandable that the bunker went with the refs decision based on the 30sec they looked at it.

Agreed. For me, that's the thing though...they call far more obvious trys, no try. He seemed to make his decision to award it pretty quickly. I'm guessing he was given the all clear by the touchies? Credit to them for backing themselves but the sideline, corner post and put down were all in question for that one.

Referee>Bunker>Try>points
Let it go. Spirit of the game.

Agreed. For me, that's the thing though...they call far more obvious trys, no try. He seemed to make his decision to award it pretty quickly. I'm guessing he was given the all clear by the touchies? Credit to them for backing themselves but the sideline, corner post and put down were all in question for that one.

New season - new rules .

Forget what you thought you knew .

Well put. For mine, this game was pretty much an example of how we played last year. And the year before ... and ... the year before etc.

As you said: No quality hooker, shit line speed letting the attack make so many cheap metre, minimal aggression, and when it shows it's uncontrolled and players get sin binned, so bugger all discipline. I can't believe we are still standing around watching them take all those free metres on offer. The Panthers will have an absolute field day in Rd 1. unless there is a dramatic change here.

Billy Walters next to ARey, Mam, Walsh. Jesus.

When did we sign Jesus? That's a hell of a pick up.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.