Pre-season

Boyd has been noted as one of the best trainers that is why he is there , his experience and the way he prepares himself will be so valuable to the young guys.
I see this written all the time, but results and team morale will indicate he didn’t seem to have a particularly positive impact on the young kids the last few years when he was at training each and every day.

So I’m not entirely sure what him dropping by one day a week in the off-season will show these same kids anything they haven’t already seen from him.

A lot of people seem to forget that prime Boyd was an absolute gun of a player.
Age catches up to us all and he probably retired a year or two too late, but you cannot deny he had some excellent years of football in him.

I am happy to have him around if he brings positives to the playing group, all else is irrelevant.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to forget that prime Boyd was an absolute gun of a player.
Ages catches up to us all and he probably retired a year or two too late, but you cannot deny he had some excellent years of football in him.

I am happy to have him around if he brings positives to the playing group, all else is irrelevant.
I wasn't exactly opposed to him hanging around in retirement to help out either, right up until he decided to kick a pink smoking football across Lang Park with his mates 20 minutes after we'd just suffered the greatest humiliation in the history of our club.

Last edited:
I wasn't exactly opposed to him hanging around in retirement to help out either, right up until he decided to kick a pink smoking football across Lang Park with his mates 20 minutes after we'd just suffered the greatest humiliation in the history of our club.
I reckon that whole incident was blown way out of proportion, and no one would have given a fiddlers **** had the press not been all over it.
I also think, that while the timing of that incident was not ideal, its those moments that bond those blokes outside of footy.

I am not condoning it, or damning it, i just don't think it was anywhere near the catastrophe the press made it out to be.
If he did that after we won, Its a heart warming story. If he did that and the cameras didnt catch it, its a non-issue.

I reckon that whole incident was blown way out of proportion, and no one would have given a fiddlers **** had the press not been all over it.
I also think, that while the timing of that incident was not ideal, its those moments that bond those blokes outside of footy.

I am not condoning it, or damning it, i just don't think it was anywhere near the catastrophe the press made it out to be.
If he did that after we won, Its a heart warming story. If he did that and the cameras didnt catch it, its a non-issue.
Sure, but the situation was absolutely crystal clear more than a week prior that we were a 50/50 chance to have the worst moment in the history of the club following that game. No sensible person who genuinely cared about the club would take the risk that it would work out ok, much less still go ahead with it even when it was confirmed that we'd lost and the spoon was ours. To have ever entertained that it would go down well speaks of stunningly poor judgement at best, and absolute disregard for the fans at worst.

As for the cameras, well bloody hell, it's a football ground 20 minutes after full time and the biggest club in the game who has been death ridden by the local media all year just collected its first wooden spoon. If he was not expecting cameras to be all over the aftermath of that game then he must honestly be amongst the dumbest people to have ever drawn breath.

It was spectacularly poor judgement. So spectacularly poor that you'd could reasonably infer that the person making it simply did not give a shit who saw it, and for Boyd to have such little regard for the fans of the club, the majority of whom have supported him for most of his career, is very, very damning indeed.

Last edited:
I see this written all the time, but results and team morale will indicate he didn’t seem to have a particularly positive impact on the young kids the last few years when he was at training each and every day.

So I’m not entirely sure what him dropping by one day a week in the off-season will show these same kids anything they haven’t already seen from him.
Hard to have an impact with seedyballs running the show. Say what you want but he has value to the club .

Sure, but the situation was absolutely crystal clear more than a week prior that we were a 50/50 chance to have the worst moment in the history of the club following that game. No sensible person who genuinely cared about the club would take the risk that it would work out ok, much less still go ahead with it even when it was confirmed that we'd lost and the spoon was ours. To have ever entertained that it would go down well speaks of stunningly poor judgement at best, and absolute disregard for the fans at worst.

As for the cameras, well bloody hell, it's a football ground 20 minutes after full time and the biggest club in the game who has been death ridden by the local media all year just collected its first wooden spoon. If he was not expecting cameras to be all over the aftermath of that game then he must honestly be amongst the dumbest people to have ever drawn breath.

It was spectacularly poor judgement. So spectacularly poor that you'd could reasonably infer that the person making it simply did not give a shit who saw it, and for Boyd to have such little regard for the fans of the club, the majority of whom have supported him for most of his career, is very, very damning indeed.
It’s similar to the ‘it’s just a game’ debate.

Some people are OK with it, others irate. Those who are fine with it will argue that the context makes it OK, but a reasonable argument can also be made that the easiest way for it to be a non-issue is to simply not say / do it.

Someone once told me that regardless of the intent of your words / actions, your audience may very likely interpret it differently. This is no more true than for public figures.

Last edited:
Hard to have an impact with seedyballs running the show. Say what you want but he has value to the club .

I am sure he has value to the club. He can advise the players on the strategy and tactics of polarizing the roster and how to undermine the coach, and how to gracefully exit the leadership group because you don't give a ****. Exactly in keeping with Kevvie's strategy of unifying the team and the club. Go Darbs. There's a job in this somewhere for you ... life after football and the the next home renovation.

After all that, and the wooden spoon gender bender celebration, I am frankly surprised Walters let him in.

Last edited:

Of course he does. now that he won't actually be playing. All the good off field stuff people crap on about, none of the embarrassing failure to translate it onto the field. Win win.

**** Darius. He might be a good trainer but he wasn't a good leader - results and effort speak for themselves. Not to mention making the last moment of our terrible season all about him - could've chosen to do it at training, but no. yeah... that's a leader?

All in on the Kev train but I don't like this one and I don't like the Mead signing.

Yep. GTFO

Poor decision.

Or was it already organised as part of him resigning early?
turn up 1 day a week to collect the outstanding 750k or whatever he was on for 2021?

**** yeah sign me up.

yes, care to join? buy a ticket now!
The audacity of people to discuss what Boyd can / cannot contribute to the squad in a post-football capacity after someone posts a report from the CM about Boyd taking up a post-football role at the club. Scandalous.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.