Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cult3, Mar 14, 2017.

1. mitch222

mitch222 NRL Captain

Anyone get the feeling they are going to have Orton drop the title to Wyatt at Payback so he can take the title to RAW seeing how Lesnar only shows up once every two months and they really don't have a fighting champion at the moment. Smackdown got beat down this week with Jinder Mahal the number one contender. They have fallen way off from AJ/Orton/Wyatt/Cena in the title frame.
    They need a few changes. Make Owens drop to Corbin and get him around the main event. Corbin/Ziggler/Zayn/Rawley can go for the US title. Owens/Styles/Orton for the main title. Team Rowan and Harper up for tag titles push against American Alpha, Usos, Colons. I have no idea how you book Nakamura. He isn't great on the mic and the fan following will die down soon when they realise this. You can only be a weirdo for so long before they tire of it
    They really should have moved Balor to smackdown. He could main event there with AJ in decent matches and maybe for control of the Bullett Club with Gallows & Anderson. He wont get the title of Lesnar

2. I don't, largely because having two World Champions on the same brand would take away from Roman beating Brock Lesnar which is the plan right now.

The WWE locker room has a high opinion of Randy Orton as a worker, and I can't see him dropping the belt back to Bray after beating him at Wrestlemania.

I'm willing to give them time. SmackDown has consistently been one of the best shows the WWE has produced in years and they've got a good track record of getting the best out of everyone on the roster.

I'd be shocked if Orton/Mahal main events Backlash. I can see it being a co-main event with it taking a back-seat either to a Nakamura or AJ Styles match.

Just keep it simple. I don't think there's going to be a sophisticated formula, so just book Nakamura against guys who can work, save his matches for special events and see how he goes. It either gets over or it doesn't.