Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cult3, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Finn would have been awesome, but I'm excited to see where they go with The Club stuff. Everyone comes back. Punk will either go to ROH/NJPW or come back to the WWE. He doesn't have any other option.

You can't kill the Deadman, but you can kill the American Badasss. Cena is definitely big enough but he doesn't need it. It should have been used to put someone over but now I'm envisioning throwback Cena VS American Badass and I've somewhat sold myself on it.

2. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Either way, I'll have the tissues ready. Been watching Taker wrestle since I learned to walk, always been my favourite. I cried last year and if this is his last go around, I'll cry this year too.

HBK vs Taker 2 would have been the right time for me. HBK vs Taker 1 is probably the best wrestling match of all time.

3. Cult3

I went to the AWA Grindhouse show last night at the New Globe Theater in the Valley. Overall I was impressed and for $20 you can't really go wrong. A lot of the gimmicks were terrible and there were a lot of blokes that were about 5'6 max but the quality of wrestling was far higher than I thought it would be.

The main event was a 30 man royal rumble that they call "The Purge" where each participant brings their own weapon. It was done really well in my opinion, but definitely not as hardcore as they promoted. The winner was a 5 foot Scott Steiner looking lad but there were a few guys in there who actually looked the part.

The next event is on the 10th of February and I'll more than likely be going again.

4. Cult3

A couple of Aussie blokes to watch out for. A lot of wrestlers are saying Australia is the next boom area. Jonah Rock is one to watch in the future. He's in a stable called The Mighty Don't Kneel which is the same one Shane Thorne and Nick Miller were in before signing with the WWE.

As for the women, we have plenty of representation too.
    Billie Kay
    [​IMG]

Tenille Dashwood
    [​IMG]

Toni Storm
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Indi Hartwell
    [​IMG]

And my personal favourite, Peyton Royce
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

GKDonkey likes this.
  5. Foordy

Foordy

What the hell is with this Jinder Mahal push ... he was a jobber that suddenly got the WWE Championship. personally i didn't think he was a very good champion

now at Wrestlemania he has been given the US Championship ... WTF

6. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Yeah he’s crap. Push Rusev already

pennywisealfie likes this.
  7. Foordy

Foordy

so apparently Brock Lesnar has signed a new WWE contract (he was rumoured to be heading back to UFC) ... which means RAW will continue to have a part time champion for another 12 months

8. Cult3

I'd say he's losing it in Saudi Arabia and won't come back until the lead up to Mania. Depending how over Lashley gets that could be the plan or they might do Lesnar VS Reigns again with Reigns finally winning.

I also heard that he still owes fights on his UFC contract and I'd say Vince and Dana have a pretty damn good relationship considering Dana is now being shown on WWE television. Maybe he will go between companies like Jericho seems to be doing with NJPW and WWE.

But do any wrestling fans care about Lesnar anymore? He's shown his cards and doesn't give a shit about the company.

9. Foordy

Foordy

maybe ... they did announce on RAW that in Saudia Arabia it would be Lesnar vs Reigns inside a steel cage. (didn't say it was for the title, but i assume it will be)

I don't actually rate Lesnar as a wrestler, He is big and strong, but thats about it. IMO he isn't that good of a performer

10. Cult3

That's the rumour doing the rounds at the moment anyway. I don't care how it happens, Lesnar needs to lose the title unless he's going to be there every week.

He's big and strong and had a good brand but now he's just lazy and selfish. He wasn't even on Raw this week so he probably flew home straight after Mania as well

Foordy likes this.
  11. Cult3

Also can I post this on here? It's the AWA Grindhouse event on this Saturday. Tickets are $20 online or $25 at the event. It's a pretty fun show usually. I'll be there

[​IMG]

12. Foordy

Foordy

as sexy as Peyton Royce and Billie Kay are .... their act is **** annoying

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Cult3 likes this.
  13. Cult3

Do you remember how annoying the girls were in the movie 'Mean Girls'? That's their job, and they are good at it. I didn't like the baby voice and I don't get why Peyton keeps doing an American accent but they've done a lot of good stuff in NXT and I hope they aren't jobbed out on the Main Roster. I've been a big fan of Peyton since she debuted almost ten years ago.

14. Browny

Drunk
    I think they got the shake up right this time. No way Seth was going to smack down after his Monday Night Rollins shirts.

Smackdown only got slightly shafted.

The Miz v Bryan will be good.

And the woman’s division needed a shakeup after being very repetitive for a year.

Every day is Rusev Day!! Can a guy be any more over

15. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Smackdown got shafted big time with talent disbursement. They missed the boat on a few of them as well. Seems like they are trying to get all the established tag teams over to smackdown for the time being. They should have moved Balor over to Smackdown. He can atleast challenge for the wwe title on that show. He wont against Lesnar. Liked the Joe trade though, I think he will be champion at sometime this year. No point sending Breezango over to Raw, Baron Corbin will be wasted as well, the Miz should have stayed on Raw (I liked the miztorage) and they needed a strong IC champ whilst Brock continues to play part time champ. I don't think Rollins can hold up the show on his own with the IC strap. Raw really need to get the title of Brock even if its on to Reigns because they need the champ there every week not once a month with Heyman filling in for the rest. Worse thing they did was put the title on him and make him captain invincible.

16. I love Peyton Royce's act. She's been great to watch.

I was loving the look of a heel stable with Miz/Miztourage, Sami & KO. Not to be, I guess.

What does the winner of the Greatest Royal Rumble get? A shot at the title at the Greatest Wrestlemania? Why is this the Greatest? Will all Royal Rumbles from the past be thought of as pretty mediocre? Is this a legit PPV or a glorified house show?
    I love Peyton Royce's act. She's been great to watch.

I was loving the look of a heel stable with Miz/Miztourage, Sami & KO. Not to be, I guess.

What does the winner of the Greatest Royal Rumble get? A shot at the title at the Greatest Wrestlemania? Why is this the Greatest? Will all Royal Rumbles from the past be thought of as pretty mediocre? Is this a legit PPV or a glorified house show?

17. Foordy

Foordy

Reigns was robbed in his match against Lesnar ...

he spears Lesnar through the cage, and his feet hit the ground first while Lesnar's are still on the cage off the ground...

but Lesnar is awarded the win

Cult3 likes this.
  18. Foordy

Foordy

Titus O'Neill tripping and sliding under the ring is one of the funniest moments i have seen in a long time

Cult3 likes this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj

Well...I never come into this thread but thought it might have been about the NRL...I wasn't too far wrong.

20. Browny

Drunk
    Epic fail. But can Brock piss off already

Cult3 likes this.