Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cult3, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Foordy

Foordy

that Sami Zayn promo on Raw was one of the stupidest most annoying things i have ever seen in the WWE

2. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Dunno, have you ever seen the ultimate warrior speak? Especially when him and Macho Man were fueding. Their promos were epically bad. Hell on the Ultimate Warrior DVD, Jericho and Edge were pretty much taking the piss out of him for the whole DVD

3. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Savage was **** flyin' for most of his career though.

Seth Rollins every week. The guy is amazing.

4. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    We need more six women’s tag team matches lol

5. mitch222

Got to get them the spotlight for the "womens revolution" apparently
    Blind freddy can see that Strowman will win the MiTB match if a RAW person is going to win it. No one else is capable of knocking off Lesnar

6. Foordy

Foordy

The WWE seriously need to do something about Lesnar situation ... they need the Universal Champ to be a full time superstar

they have made to the highest paid on the roster, to basically never wrestle ... It makes no sense ... especially since he doesn't appear to have a great deal of support (or hate for that matter) from the crowds, just indifference.

Cult3 likes this.
  7. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

I agree. The Intercontinental title is the biggest belt on Raw. It just doesn't make sense. It was fine for a few months to make him seem like a big name but everyone is sick of it. But this is what everyone begged for. They wanted the title to seem more special. Okada gets away with it because he wrestles multi-man matches regularly.

[​IMG]

8. Foordy

Foordy

so what did people think of the first WWE PPV to be held in Australia

9. I only caught a handful of matches, but Super Show Down seemed like a glorified house show. There were a ton of rematches and it was incredibly easy to predict who was going to win and the type of match they were going to have. The only wrestlers who managed to subvert expectations were Bryan-Miz which ended up being a disappointment than anything else. Imagine being a huge Daniel Bryan fan, paying all that money because you never thought you'd get to see him perform again and you got treated to a 2:25 match.

I felt conflicted by the main event. On one hand, the fans in attendance were into the match and it headlined an arena show that drew 70 000 fans. However, it was impossible to care about the result of the match, so it just felt I watched a bunch of old fucks hit each other with steel chairs for half an hour. The most suspenseful part of the match was wondering when HBK's hat would come off his head. It was pretty boring and to make matters worse, they threatened us with a sequel.

What did you make of the show, Foordy?

10. Foordy

Foordy

@Big Pete@Big Pete, you're right it probably wasn't much more than a glorified house show (although i've never really seen a house show to compare with)

My favorite match by far was the Cruiser weight title match.

The AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe match was also quality

I also reckon that the new Cena finishing move (lighting fist is it?) is the weakest finishing move ever seen in the WWE (probably all wrestling actually) and someone of Cena's standing deserves much better

the biggest disappointment was definitely the Miz vs Daniel Bryan, especially given it was a number 1 contenders match. I get that they were looking for a way to keep the feud going, but the match needed to be much longer (they could have still ended it in similar fashion)

there was an interesting botch in the HHH vs Undertaker match (i'm not even sure of the point of this old timers match), where HBK obviously forgot the script. if you look closely you can see kane tap his chin moments before HBK hits him with sweet chin music.

Overall the show didn't match one of their regular PPV's or even their new PPV's happening in Saudi Arabia ... but it was good to see an actual PPV happen in Australia. if they decide to do it again, i hope the WWE give the Aussie crowd a bit more respect and put together something more than a glorified house show.

Big Pete likes this.
  11. mitch222

Doesn't help the cause when all the raw titles are in one friggin match. I get the whole shield v dogs of war angle, but they don't need to hang all the titles off them. Rollins dropping the title to someone like Owens, Corbin or even Lashley kicks up a decent storyline that actually means something and there a few solid tag teams on Raw that they could deal the belts to (AoP, Revival, B Team, Ascension) which kicks that division back up a bit more. The shield/dogs of war angle could survive with only the universal title at stake.

Foordy and Big Pete like this.
  12. Foordy

Foordy

I actually get the feeling they want to leave both Raw singles titles on the Shield to keep their storyline options open for the inevitable Shield breakup and Ambrose heel turn

I'm not sure what Corey Graves called it, but he made it sound way cooler. Presumably, Cena just busted it out to publicise his latest movie project with Jackie Chan and didn't see the harm in using it in a mid-card match. I doubt it'll become a permanent part of his repertoire.

Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean it was a bad show. I'm sure those who went got their money's worth, but if I had the opportunity to host a show of that magnitude I would have pulled out all the stops. More storylines in the build-up, more turns, bigger entrances, more title changes, so if the US fans wanted to catch up they'd have to tune into Raw to see what the hell went down.

I'm enjoying The Shield vs. Strowman/McIntyre/Ziggler rivalry they've got going, but you're right other parts of the show are suffering as a result. The WWE should book their shows more like Game of Thrones where you have these big ensemble casts where as soon as one storyline ends, another is there to take it's place.

At least that's what I think. The WWE sees themselves more as a big picture company, so they don't care about what happens week to week, just as long as they have the SummerSlam and Wrestlemania main events set in stone.

Foordy likes this.