Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cult3, Mar 14, 2017.

1. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Strowman will go over Lesnar at Crown Jewel and take the title and kick the feud off with McIntyre. I actually wouldn't be suprised to see McIntyre get added to the match at crown jewel shortly and have him win the title first up over Strowman.
    Rollins and Ambrose will feud for the IC strap for the time being. What to do with the tag titles is the biggest question. I think they will drop them next week to someone like the revival or the ascension who seem to be getting some air time lately against Roode and Gable. Now that Reigns is out of the picture indefinitely, don't be surprised if they move AJ over to RAW to hold the program up for the time being to prop the championship up.

2. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    I’m loving the new Becky Lynch with absolutely no chill. Her social media is awesome

3. Foordy

Foordy

Well, looks like the Universal Title will disappear again for extended periods

4. Browny

Drunk
    The whole PPV was shite.

The winner of the World Cup was garbage.

The kick off being Shinseke who used to be massively over and Rusev who is massively is such a waste.

Samoa Joe still getting up and down booking.

And the main event is obviously done to set up for the next PPV but what a crap way to do it.

5. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

I'm pretty glad I didn't stay up and watch it. I watched the pre-show and went to sleep. I can find something I enjoy in almost all wrestling shows but this was terrible. The World Cup was like NFL teams calling themselves world champs when they win the Super Bowl. Then it's ending was WCW-like. I'm so tired of the New Day. Joe VS Styles was worthless, thanks for that Daniel Bryan. Lesnar wins the title again. Who cares? He's not going to be there every week. DX VS Brothers of Destruction was like thirty minutes long! Why?

These glorified house shows are great if they are actually considered house shows. But don't waste your weekly programming hyping them up as anything else. I think this is the worst PPV ever

6. Browny

Drunk
    Especially when Evolution was a pretty good PPV.

And can we please let the attitude era retire ffs

7. Eh, I'm OK with Brock Lesnar winning if only because it gives us AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar II. My favourite match of 2017 was their bout last year, and Strowman will be fine. They gave him an easy out with Corbin blind-siding him with the belt and allowing Brock to work from on top.

The World Cup was what it was, a huge waste of time. Shane is one of the worst written characters in Pro Wrestling (Face GM, but allows Jinder Mahal to run amuck on his brand for the better part of a year) and now that he's done two massive cage dives, there's nothing left for him to do. At least if they gave the win to Seth Rollins, Bobby Lashley, The Miz or even Randy Orton it would give them some momentum. A Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles feud would make a ton of sense and should have happened at last year's Mania. I still can't believe that god awful Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton match.

As far as HBK goes, from the little I've seen, he still has the timing and all the showmanship he was known for. People will whinge about how he came out of retirement for this plodding tag team match, but I can't begrudge the guy earning an easy million. That Wrestlemania 26 match will always be his swansong, just like No Way Out 2000 will be Foley's swansong, Wrestlemania 24 will be Flair's swansong and the 2000 Grand Final will be Kevin Walters' swansong. Sure they worked/played afterwards, but they weren't full-time.

I haven't watched the show in full yet, but I have a hard time believing it's as bad as ECW December to Dismember, let alone Heroes of Wrestling 1999.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  8. Cult3

I miss this

9. Browny

Drunk
    **** Nia Jax, what a way to punish her

10. Cult3

Everyone is turning heel

11. Browny

Drunk
    Lol yep, Raw dominating is shit tho

12. Foordy

Foordy

what is the WWE creatives obsession with Low Blows recently ...

started with Nakumura hitting everyone with them ... then Bryan wins the wwe championship with one and also gets back in the champ v champ match with one ... now Ambrose hits one ...

seems their go to move for heels right now ... maybe they can't come up with anything better

13. Browny

Drunk
    Well it is WWE creative so maybe this is the best they can come up with.