Public Transport Tonight

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Good luck.

I just read in Mx that they are expecting the Gabba and Suncorp to sell out.

They believe at least 90,000 people + the daily peak communters will be using public transport. There are extra services, but they will be stretched to their limits.

This is going to absolutely suck.

Going to be absolute hell, though I'm lucky I just walk up to the game from my job in the city.

Plan of attack for me will definitely be to hang in my seat for 15 mins after the game, then go get a quiet drink somewhere for a half-hour to let those ridiculous numbers clear away.

Well, I'll be catching the plane and landing in with my parachute :P, thats another reason why i really don't like going to home games its just very annoying. I love watching sunday games though.

mick! said:
Going to be absolute hell, though I'm lucky I just walk up to the game from my job in the city.

Plan of attack for me will definitely be to hang in my seat for 15 mins after the game, then go get a quiet drink somewhere for a half-hour to let those ridiculous numbers clear away.

I have a feeling after the game tonight, a quiet drink is going to be more difficult than finding a seat on the train! [icon_razz1

Where do you guys sit now? I'm in 311 Row 6 tonight. Going to get drenched! Lovin it!

IDR662.gif

WOOO! icon_thumbs_u

haha this is going to be so much fun. I found the trains choca block for the game against the Panthers game...

But ah well it's all in good fun, wait for the crowds to die down after it... happy to sit around and wait for them all to cram on to the train afterwards.

See radar! :P

It's going to rain off and on all night.

Severe Thunderstorm warning icon_thumbs_u

Currently black as night, raining and thunder here in the Valley!

Ohhh yeaaaahhh getting pumped up for it now!

Fumbleball takes a fair bit longer than League doesn't it? I'm just hoping there's no Victards on my train...

Wallace is a Sydney boy though, I thought most people from Sydney hated the rain because of their hair? [icon_wink

Oh, and Nashy we're in 319/320 as ever - Eastern Stand.

The last time we got a night-time game with plenty of rain up here was against the Tigers last year. I remember it being on a Monday night and I was not at all confident. We piled on 36 points... let's hope it's an omen! [icon_pray.

Nashy said:
Wallace is a Sydney boy though, I thought most people from Sydney hated the rain because of their hair? [icon_wink

I doubt he will car about his hair, it is red it doesn't matter what he does to it. Still looks like shit lol

AFL finishes about an hour or hour and half after league so best bet is possibly to move on after game fairly quickly to beat the AFL rush [icon_wink

I just brought a raincoat cause there was thunder and lightening over the Valley earlier. Just have to deciede between the train and the shuttle buses.

Warning was for nothing. I normally don't even get public transport to the game but it was piss easy and not crowded at all tonight.

Transport to the ground was fine, until the friggin bus ran out of petrol/diesel outside Easts Leagues Club. Can you friggin believe it they planned everything so well with the transport for the 2 games and peak hour but forgot to fill my bus up with petrol [eusa_doh

Luckily I had left really early to get there in plenty of time

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.