Q/A with Alan Cann

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sorry about some of it cut out with the scan, not my work I'm afraid found it online. Thought it might still be interesting read about a Broncos legend for you though. For those who didn't get to watch Alan Cann, he wasn't the biggest forward, but he was tough and hard to stop, scored two tries in the Broncos first ever first grade grand final and scored an amazing match winning try against Canterbury in 1993 to get the Broncos into their second grand final.

242627164 243034911173895 6848958101172492509 n 1

Thanks mate, loved Alan Cann.

Sorry about some of it cut out with the scan, not my work I'm afraid found it online. Thought it might still be interesting read about a Broncos legend for you though. For those who didn't get to watch Alan Cann, he wasn't the biggest forward, but he was tough and hard to stop, scored two tries in the Broncos first ever grand final and scored an amazing match winning try against Canterbury in 1993 to get the Broncos into their second grand final.

View attachment 15355
I was fortunate enough to see that live. Cann ran straight at my mate and I. Only gf I've seen live. The greatest gf ever !!

Was outstanding in the 1990 Grand Final too. Did his hammy early and stayed out there. Huge hit on Bellamy.

Was outstanding in the 1990 Grand Final too. Did his hammy early and stayed out there. Huge hit on Bellamy.
I'm confused I thought Bellyache played for Canberra and we played them in the semi-final in 1990.

I'm confused I thought Bellyache played for Canberra and we played them in the semi-final in 1990.
I think his talking about the 1990 Reserve Grade Grand Final we won against Canberra(which is actually the clubs first premiership). We actually denied the Raiders winning all three grades that day.

Alan Cann implied that Canterbury beat the Broncos and Raiders during the 1995 finals because the latter teams were exhausted from their Lang Park encounter. Could it also be that the Bulldogs were better that year?

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.