Qld backline

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Does GI stay at left centre? Who replaces yow yeh?

Hopefully not Tonga. I think GI stays at left centre

Boyd and GI have a good combo out there. Not sure if Dane Nielsen offers enough for right wing

Hodges doesn't pass anyway. Ash Graham may end up partnering Hodges, he's been pretty good lately.

Graham is good on the air as well

Hodges doesn't pass anyway. Ash Graham may end up partnering Hodges, he's been pretty good lately.

He does offload though ... he has 11 offloads for the season, i believe he is first in the comp in that department

Boyd and GI have a good combo out there. Not sure if Dane Nielsen offers enough for right wing

As long as Nielsen is safe under the high ball he is worth a shot given our lack of genuine wingers.

I'd rather Tate than Graham. Nielsen was outstanding today for the Storm tho.

Not a fan of Tate or Nielsen on the wing.

The obvious choice is to move Inglis out there and have Willie Tonga come into the centres... but, Inglis is absolutely devastating in that left centre position, and as Browny mentioned, he and Boyd have an excellent combination.

To make it a bit more interesting, here are all the Queensland eligible players (who are reasonably regular first graders) who can play fullback, centre or on the wing:

Justin Hodges
Ben Barba
Shaun Berrigan
William Zillman
Steve Michaels (please, don't even joke about it!)
Jordan Rankin
Billy Slater
Justin O'Neill
Darius Boyd
Brent Tate
Matty Bowen
Ash Graham
Willie Tonga
Esi Tonga
Daniel Vidot
Greg Inglis
Chris McQueen
Tom Humble
Lote Tuqiri

Obviously some of those guys wouldn't be any chance of selection, but I thought I'd list them anyway. Also, haven't included any backrowers who can/have played in the centres.

Maybe we should just stick Dave Taylor on the wing? :rockon:

Hmmmm, can probably add David Mead to that list, although he's out with a broken jaw at the moment.

I'd probably go with Tuqiri or Tate at this point, even though one is injured, and the 2nd is likely to be injured.

Fullback
Billy Slater
Greg Inglis
Darius Boyd
Ben Barba
Matt Bowen
Tom Humble

Wing
Steve Michaels
Daniel Vidot - Although he might be ineligible. He declared his allegiance to Samoa before their tour was cancelled last year.
Ashley Graham
Chris McQueen

Centre
Justin Hodges
Willie Tonga
Brent Tate
Dane Nielsen
Justin O'Neil
Will Chambers
Shaun Berrigan
Maurice Blair
Esi Tonga

List of where all the Qld backs have played this season for their clubs.

Can probably throw Gagai or Copley in very soon. Moga too.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how Moga goes.

Also Denan Kemp might be in line too, haha.

For mine you can lock Tate in. He's played a lot of wing in rep footy and Qld will go for an inform known before an unknown.

If i was a Queerland selector I would select Tuquri on the wing. Storming winger and dominated the Blues in the 2002 series.

If i was a Queerland selector I would select Tuquri on the wing. Storming winger and dominated the Blues in the 2002 series.

He's not eligible for NSW so he won't be playing for the Queerland Blues.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bb_gun
  • theshed
  • Fatboy
  • Rambstien
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.