CRICKET Queensland Bulls 23/24

Great ball by Swepson gets Gilkes.

Shades of Warne in that one.

NSW still need 40 and are 4 down. It will be good to see Davies bring it home if he can.

Vidler gets his 3rd and Davies goes for 25. He was trying to get the remaining 3 runs. Another good innings from him.

Brisbane Heat championship coach and Queensland Bulls mentor Wade Seccombe will not seek reappointment to those roles ahead of the 2024-25 season.
Seccombe informed Queensland Cricket today that after a coaching career spanning seven years as head coach of both the Bulls and the Heat, he had chosen not to pursue a new contract.
The Heat claimed its second ever KFC Big Bash League trophy in January when the Seccombe-coached team beat the Sydney Sixers at the SCG.
“Winning the BBL was huge goal of mine as a coach and a massive achievement for the club, and that is something that I will look back on with great pleasure down the track,’ he said.
“I said when I was reappointed a few years ago that there were several coaching goals I had set myself, with a BBL title and a chance to work with the Australian team again or internationally among the challenges that lay ahead for me.
“My family and I will take stock on things from here and see what opportunities may present themselves in the future. I am eternally grateful for their support and the success I have been fortunate to experience as a coach is due to them.”
Seccombe, who oversaw three championship winning teams and two runners-up placings with either the Bulls or the Heat since commencing with Queensland Cricket in 2017, thanked his coaching and support staff for their unstinting efforts in assisting him as coach.
“We have been blessed to have some very talented and dedicated people working in Queensland Cricket and I sincerely thank those individuals who sacrificed much to give the playing group the chance to improve their skills and enjoy success.”
“I certainly thank the captains Usman Khawaja, Jimmy Peirson, Colin Munro, Nathan McSweeney and Marnus Labuschagne as well for their commitment to the squads and for working diligently to make the most of any chances when they came our way.”
“We have an incredibly talented playing group and there are exciting times ahead for them. I wish them all the best for the future,’’ he said.
Queensland Cricket’s General Manager - Elite Teams, Performance & Pathways, Joe Dawes, thanked Seccombe for his dedication as coach and wished him the best with his future.
“Wade informed us that he would not be seeking a new contract, and he was upfront about his intentions once he had completed the various post-season reviews with players and staff,’ he said.
“We will now go to market for the role of head coach of the Brisbane Heat and Queensland Bulls and are very confident that such a prime coaching role will attract some outstanding candidates who will relish the chance to work in this exciting program,’’ Dawes said.
“Queensland Cricket thanks Wade and his family for their commitment on and off the field and we certainly wish him every success in his future endeavours. He will no doubt look back on the BBL title win this season with the satisfaction of a job well done,” he said.
Seccombe was appointed Bulls coach in 2017 and took on the dual roles of head coach of the Heat and the Bulls in 2021 after guiding Queensland to their two most recent Marsh Sheffield Shield titles in 2017-18 and 2020-21.
He played 101 Shield matches and captured 519 dismissals for Queensland in a career that spanned 13 years and was involved in the Bulls’ ground-breaking maiden Shield title in 1995-96.
He stood behind the stumps for four more successful first class campaigns, including Queensland’s hat-trick of titles from 1999-2000 to 2001-02.

CA contracted men's players 2024-25: Sean Abbott, Xavier Barlett, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Jhye Richardson, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa

@Sproj
The ACB still has faith in Jye Richardson .
I would like to see him have further success . I`m a fan of his work .

Jhye is a gun, they'd be crazy to not stick with him just like they did with Cummins.

@Sproj
The ACB still has faith in Jye Richardson .
I would like to see him have further success . I`m a fan of his work .

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to see his name there. It has never been a question of talent with him of course.

The other good to see ones are:
Bartlett
Hardie
Short
Morris
Murphy

Here are the test gen next players.

His bad run started when he dislocated his shoulder .
Has been one thing after another since . A bit like Patrick the time away from bowling has allowed for more batting practice . He`s improved his batting in recent times .

His bad run started when he dislocated his shoulder .
Has been one thing after another since . A bit like Patrick the time away from bowling has allowed for more batting practice . He`s improved his batting in recent times .

For sure. If he can get an extended run of fitness, he is the perfect number 8, very good batsman as well as a gun bowler.

Kuhnemann to tigers
Jason Sangha to Redbacks
Maddinson to Blues
Phillipe to NSW (if he leaves WA)
Will Prestwidge to Tas

Burns (Gone)
David Grant (Gone)
Will Pucovski (potentially gone/ presumably retired)
Travis Dean (potentially gone)
Dan Hughes (Potential retirement/scenery change)
Kurtis Patterson (Potentially gone)

Kuhnemann to tigers
Jason Sangha to Redbacks
Maddinson to Blues
Phillipe to NSW (if he leaves WA)
Will Prestwidge to Tas

Burns (Gone)
David Grant (Gone)
Will Pucovski (potentially gone/ presumably retired)
Travis Dean (potentially gone)
Dan Hughes (Potential retirement/scenery change)
Kurtis Patterson (Potentially gone)

I'm surprised Patterson can't get a gig somewhere, he's still better than a lot of batsmen running around. Hughes is also surprising but is starting to get along. Sangha to Redbacks with JFM? Well there are going to be some shocking scorelines from that line up but some fun in between.

Burns is also a surprise, he started the season really well, would be good for a number of state sides, including Qld. Pucs is inevitable unfortunately, a real shame.

I'm happy for Kuhnemann - that is a great fit for both him and Tassie.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.