Jack Wildermuth (Valley)
Jack Wood (Ipswich/Logan)

Bulls Rookies
Corey Hunter (Wynnum-Manly)
Jack Clayton (University of Qld)
Benji Floros (Wynnum-Manly)
Matthew Willans (University of Qld)
Connor Sully (Norths)

In: Jack Wood (new), Jack Clayton (rookie), Benji Floros (rookie).
Out: Charlie Hemphrey (Glamorgan), Cameron Gannon (WA), Jack Prestwidge (Victoria), Alister McDermott.

If Bryce Street continues on from where he left off .
Davey Warner will have a new opening partner .

If Bryce Street continues on from where he left off .
Davey Warner will have a new opening partner .

Continues averaging 37 in First Class cricket? :P

I was very disappointed when I saw the list this morning, we lost 2 regular first class cricketers in Hemphrey and Gannon, one of our bright young prospects in Prestwidge and haven't replaced them with anyone of note..

Gonna be a long season for the Bulls unless some of these young guys explode onto the scene.

Continues averaging 37 in First Class cricket? :P

I was very disappointed when I saw the list this morning, we lost 2 regular first class cricketers in Hemphrey and Gannon, one of our bright young prospects in Prestwidge and haven't replaced them with anyone of note..

Gonna be a long season for the Bulls unless some of these young guys explode onto the scene.

Keep in mind we are likely to have our full squad available for almost all the season as the 20/20 WC will likely be cancelled and I can’t see any tours happening after our home season. So with a top order or Burns, Khawaja & Labushagne that’s top draw. Also, don’t sleep on Bartlett the kid is a gun. With a pace attack of Neser, Stekete & Bartlett with Stanlake as backup and a hopefully improved Swepson and Wildermuth as all rounder I actually think it is a good looking squad.

Marcus Harris averages 37
Cameron Bancroft averages 37 ...
And after 120 games Joey Burns averages 40 . So ,,,

It`s the way he averages 37 .
He`s occupying the crease . Blunting the new ball . His strike rate is low . That will improve . He was a newb last season . His ability to bat for long periods is a rare thing these dayz .

Give him another season and do believe he is knocking on the door .

Assuming the Heat/Bulls/Premier Grade picked up Gurinder Sandhu?

Moved to brissy a couple of weeks ago

Assuming the Heat/Bulls/Premier Grade picked up Gurinder Sandhu?

Moved to brissy a couple of weeks ago

Not sure he's good enough to play first grade in Brisbane, let alone for the Bulls.

Haven't seen much to impress me from the bloke.

Edit: Just checked his insta, definitely moving to Brisbane for cricket purposes. Bulls/Heat must be giving him a lifeline.

Decent depth I suppose.

Not sure he's good enough to play first grade in Brisbane, let alone for the Bulls.

Haven't seen much to impress me from the bloke.

Edit: Just checked his insta, definitely moving to Brisbane for cricket purposes. Bulls/Heat must be giving him a lifeline.

Decent depth I suppose.

Can you believe he actually played ODIs for Australia? If that isn’t a case of bagging a cap ‘cause you play for the Blues, I don’t know what is.

In saying that though, he wouldn’t be a bad pick up for the Heat. A steady bowler who can swing the bat, probably not a top XI player, but good depth and would be a good play in the right conditions.

Can you believe he actually played ODIs for Australia? If that isn’t a case of bagging a cap ‘cause you play for the Blues, I don’t know what is.

In saying that though, he wouldn’t be a bad pick up for the Heat. A steady bowler who can swing the bat, probably not a top XI player, but good depth and would be a good play in the right conditions.

He seemed super promising early on and then just never kicked on before regressing badly. He had a ton of potential.

He seemed super promising early on and then just never kicked on before regressing badly. He had a ton of potential.
That’s where we’ll have to disagree. Never rated him. But then you only have to have half a good season for NSW to make the Australian team.

That’s where we’ll have to disagree. Never rated him. But then you only have to have half a good season for NSW to make the Australian team.

To be fair, there aren't a lot of NSWelshmen in the Aussie side who you would don't deserve to be there.

To be fair, there aren't a lot of NSWelshmen in the Aussie side who you would don't deserve to be there.
Maybe not now, but when they made their debut there could be questions asked whether other players should have been ahead of them. Had those players played instead, maybe they would now be the entrenched players.

The Bulls opening game is against Tasmania at Park 25 in Adelaide from October 10.

Queensland Bulls Squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Xavier Bartlett, Joe Burns, Blake Edwards, Benji Floros, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Lachy Pfeffer, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street, Mitchell Swepson, Jack Wildermuth.

Tas 2/28

Neser both wickets.

3/138

Ben McDermott 72*

Michael Neser is the modern day Andy Bichel.

With a FC average of 25.85 he would have walked into our test team any time between 2007-2018 but it just so happens he's hitting his straps at the same time as we have arguably our greatest ever pace attack.

Bartlett get 3 wickets in quick succession, Tas 7-149 at tea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.