4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

Just give me Neser in a baggy green at the Gabba and I won't ask for anything from CA ever again*

*until Pierson and Sweppo deserve selection and aren't

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labs
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

Just give me Neser in a baggy green at the Gabba and I won't ask for anything from CA ever again*

Steketee is the best bowler currently in the Shield and has been great this season carrying an attack missing players and rookies and having played one game at home.

Nesser on current form and with an injury doesn't deserve to be considered for the Test.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Steketee is the best bowler currently in the Shield and has been great this season carrying an attack missing players and rookies and having played one game at home.

Nesser on current form and with an injury doesn't deserve to be considered for the Test.

I agree. Steketee has always been decent but he seems to have levelled up this season and last as well, he's become an absolute threat with the ball.

To be fair though, the guy who has been banging the door down long and hard for the longest time is probably Boland.

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
Marsh One Day Cup

Queensland v Western Australia

The Gabba

TODAY, 1.35pm (Qld time)

Usman Khawaja (c)

James Bazley

Max Bryant

Joe Burns

Matthew Kuhnemann

Marnus Labuschagne

Jimmy Peirson

Will Prestwidge

Matthew Renshaw

Mark Steketee

Connor Sully

Jack Wildermuth

(12th man to be named)

Heazlett sick and replaced by Bryant.
Neser still sore.
Prestwidge potentially on debut.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Forum Staff
May 21, 2013
Threads
Hopefully Bryant scores some runs, he was exceptional in grade cricket a week or two ago. Watched the highlights the other day and he was striking them as well as I'd ever seen. The Heat desperately need him back to his best.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Sep 28, 2012
Threads

It can be a make up for not selecting him when he had his best Shield season (18-19 I think?)

They did the same to Cutting. Everyone talks about form demanding selection and people are always jizzing themselves over these young guys like Richardson and they’ll play for Australia for a decade, yet anytime we have a performing Qlder, they never get picked.

They've also kept picking Sweppo for tour squads and never playing him, stopping him from playing Shield.

I feel like every time they see a maroon cap they automatically think Andy Bichel. Not a knock on the great man, but we all know why I’m bringing him up

I didn’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread as well but it’s no secret Qlders get fucked over in the selection room. If it’s, at best, a 50-50 decision, then we still know the outcome.

I’d put some good money on the odds they’ll do it to Steketee as well anyway

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Threads
If the bowlers can give a handy 20 or so runs then bonus, we can’t select bowlers on their batting.

Id prefer a wicket taker who can hang around abit. We don’t need 4 pseudo all rounders

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
It can be a make up for not selecting him when he had his best Shield season (18-19 I think?)

They did the same to Cutting. Everyone talks about form demanding selection and people are always jizzing themselves over these young guys like Richardson and they’ll play for Australia for a decade, yet anytime we have a performing Qlder, they never get picked.

They've also kept picking Sweppo for tour squads and never playing him, stopping him from playing Shield.

I feel like every time they see a maroon cap they automatically think Andy Bichel. Not a knock on the great man, but we all know why I’m bringing him up

I didn’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread as well but it’s no secret Qlders get fucked over in the selection room. If it’s, at best, a 50-50 decision, then we still know the outcome.

I’d put some good money on the odds they’ll do it to Steketee as well anyway

Labuschagne got picked with a Shield average of 29.

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Threads
1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labs
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. SWEPSON*
11. Hazelwood

Fixed.

I'd also wager that this is Paine's last summer.

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
Warriors 361

Bulls 1/20

If Bulls lose another wicket in next ten overs they’ll collapse.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Sep 28, 2012
Threads
Labuschagne got picked with a Shield average of 29.

I must’ve edited that part out naming recent Bulls players, knowing it would get picked apart as I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every Bulls players career, and I had that he was an anomaly considering his circumstances.

I must say I love your single sentence ‘insert stat x’ replies that you feel shuts down discussions you don’t want to entertain any longer

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
I must’ve edited that part out naming recent Bulls players, knowing it would get picked apart as I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every Bulls players career, and I had that he was an anomaly considering his circumstances.

I must say I love your single sentence ‘insert stat x’ replies that you feel shuts down discussions you don’t want to entertain any longer

I wasn’t shutting anything down; I just thought of Labuschagne straight away and he shouldn’t have been playing Tests.

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
I really hope the Australian selectors have given up on Carey's leadership potential and realised that Peirson is the best keeper/bat in Australia. Followed by Phillipe.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
I really hope the Australian selectors have given up on Carey's leadership potential and realised that Peirson is the best keeper/bat in Australia. Followed by Phillipe.

I don't even think there is any doubt, well at least that Carey has fallen down the pecking order. I'd say in the short-term future, it is likely Peirson against Inglis - both are pretty good but I agree Peirson is the best keeper-bat in the country at present. The selectors do love their next big thing though, so it wouldn't surprise me if Phillipe gets in on the back of the short patch of good form he is in currently. I do rate him too but not yet.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyK

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.