CRICKET Queensland Bulls Discussion - 2021/2022

I almost completely agree with you. Would probably have Head at 5 the order is a bit more stable that way. But you could also argue it gives Cameron a bit more time and less pressure to have to salvage innings. Obviously Paine won't get dropped but I think the best keepers is Peirson followed by Phillipe like you said (both taking in account glove work and ability to score runs). Phillipe has fixed up his technique and its worked pretty well however I am a massive fan of Jimmy Peirson these past few years, would have to be one of my favourite cricketers and I'd love to see him behind the stumps for the Aussies. Finally obviously starcy will play but I get this was a form side. Quite honestly I don't keep up with to much of Joel Paris's stats but it might be a bit trigger happy from yesterdays performance. Would probably be chucking Richo, Neser or Steketee in before him.

Just a little new discussion point. How good was the keeping from Peirson up to the stumps off the pace bowlers.

It isn’t trigger happy, Paris has been great for ages, he just flies under the radar.

As for Jimmy keeping up to the stumps, yep that was nuts and not a single mistake, he’s a gun keeper.

Richardson was mesmerising today, 13 maidens and all caught behind. Hit the pitch hard but Bulls couldn’t commit to a shot or make the shot. Just kissed the edge and Wildermuth got a big piece of it.

Richardson was mesmerising today, 13 maidens and all caught behind. Hit the pitch hard but Bulls couldn’t commit to a shot or make the shot. Just kissed the edge and Wildermuth got a big piece of it.

He is really getting back to pre-injury. If he maintains this in the lead up to the Ashes, he'll make the squad, I'm sure. I'd have him in the 11 if he stays fit, his lower order batting is a massive bonus too.

Go Jhye, superstar in the making.

Some of the names that’ve been thrown up in front of him are laughable...Sean Abbott, really?

Go Jhye, superstar in the making.

Some of the names that’ve been thrown up in front of him are laughable...Sean Abbott, really?

Abbott has the most important advantage over Richardson, he plays for NSW.

Got an explanation from him- 5kg heavier.

He was definitely hitting it hard.

Jhye Richardson stats through the first 3 shield games:

85 overs, 29 maidens, 16 wickets (31.8 strike rate), 200 runs (2.35 economy).

He'll be very hard to leave out, especially with how terrible Starc has been recently.

For reference, here are Starc's numbers from the 4 games against India earlier this year:

137 overs, 29 maidens, 11 wickets (74.7 strike rate), 418 runs (3.05 economy).

Vastly different level of opposition, but still.

Jhye Richardson stats through the first 3 shield games:

85 overs, 29 maidens, 16 wickets (31.8 strike rate), 200 runs (2.35 economy).

He'll be very hard to leave out, especially with how terrible Starc has been recently.

For reference, here are Starc's numbers from the 4 games against India earlier this year:

137 overs, 29 maidens, 11 wickets (74.7 strike rate), 418 runs (3.05 economy).

Vastly different level of opposition, but still.

The red flag with Richardson is always going to be injury and doubt about him getting through a Test/series.

Three Shield games in two years and one of those three he had to sit out two days in round one.

Day Night tomorrow at the Gabba. Bulls bats need to really sort out their shot selection. It's unforgiveable to get caught at the Gabba behind the wicket when it's your home track.

Richardson is a gun, we've all known that for some time but the way he had that ball going late both ways and skipping off the deck in the last FC game was reminiscent of when he burst on to the scene. I also think his batting, which was already decent, has also improved. I wouldn't be leaving him out of the first test.

Richardson is a gun, we've all known that for some time but the way he had that ball going late both ways and skipping off the deck in the last FC game was reminiscent of when he burst on to the scene. I also think his batting, which was already decent, has also improved. I wouldn't be leaving him out of the first test.
I wouldn’t either but he will, Starcy will be given a game or two until he gets dropped

It was some great bowling, Starcy is under some pressure

Under some pressure?

After that Indian series he should have been dropped, no question about it.

Just luckily enough for him and a few others, the general cricket public have short memories and that embarrassment v India seems to have been forgotten.

What would be your first test sides lads?

problem with richardson is hes a black hole in the field and his bat is absolutely nothing, plus injuries, we dont know how his bowling against test opposition will be either

problem with richardson is hes a black hole in the field and his bat is absolutely nothing, plus injuries, we dont know how his bowling against test opposition will be either

Serious question, are you drunk?

Richardson averages 20 with the bat with 4 FC fifties to his name. He averages 20 with the ball after two tests against SL and he was a really good fielder pre-shoulder destruction, he may well get back there once he is confident in the shoulder again. I mean he is literally the opposite to the player you have described there.

Serious question, are you drunk?

Richardson averages 20 with the bat with 4 FC fifties to his name. He averages 20 with the ball after two tests against SL and he was a really good fielder pre-shoulder destruction, he may well get back there once he is confident in the shoulder again. I mean he is literally the opposite to the player you have described there.
do you watch shield my man? hes always been a shitty fielder even pre shoulder, he was extremely notorious for it. I want Starc gone asap and believe pattinson shouldve had his job for the past 5 years but that 3rd quickie spot needs to be filled correctly

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • kiwi2
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.