CRICKET Queensland Bulls Discussion - 2021/2022

do you watch shield my man? hes always been a shitty fielder even pre shoulder, he was extremely notorious for it. I want Starc gone asap and believe pattinson shouldve had his job for the past 5 years but that 3rd quickie spot needs to be filled correctly

I watch just about every single shield game, no joke, it is actually quite sad how much of it I watch. Haha

Starc is a bit of a one trick pony, he can bowl 150km/h in-swingers with the new ball but once the ball is a bit older, he's only good at hitting toes.. and in test cricket, that's not really good enough

Good enough with the white ball though

problem with richardson is hes a black hole in the field and his bat is absolutely nothing, plus injuries, we dont know how his bowling against test opposition will be either

Can't speak for Tests because we don't really know but I do remember him tearing apart a quality Indian batting line up in a ODI a while back

Won't know until he gets his opportunity and I think he deserves it, you don't pick bowlers based on what they can do with the bat and as for his fielding, there are places on the field you can put someone who isn't a great fielder

1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Khawaja/head
6. Head/Green/Marsh
7. Paine (C)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

I think most of the side is self explanatory. Starc won’t get dropped and Harris has been confirmed. As for that 5 & 6 role their is a little bit of uncertainty. I personally like the idea of Khawaja at 5 and Head 6 we bat very deep that way and we leave no risks with our batting. Apart from Harris (instead green) their our best 6 test bats in the country. So it really begs you to question why they wouldn’t open with Khawaja and chuck green at 6 and make England have to work very hard every innings. I don’t see Marsh getting picked with very little red ball cricket of late but people are sucking his dick at the moment, a good performance tonight and you never know. Khawaja to me warrants a spot but I think 6 is to low for him and heady is a lock for me there is something I like about him.

it will either be:
5. Khawaja
6. Head

or

5. head
6. Green

or
(Highly doubt)
5. Khawaja
6. green

I dont like any iteration of the team where Cam Green isn't at 6.

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labs
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

Just give me Neser in a baggy green at the Gabba and I won't ask for anything from CA ever again*

*until Pierson and Sweppo deserve selection and aren't

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labs
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

Just give me Neser in a baggy green at the Gabba and I won't ask for anything from CA ever again*

Steketee is the best bowler currently in the Shield and has been great this season carrying an attack missing players and rookies and having played one game at home.

Nesser on current form and with an injury doesn't deserve to be considered for the Test.

Steketee is the best bowler currently in the Shield and has been great this season carrying an attack missing players and rookies and having played one game at home.

Nesser on current form and with an injury doesn't deserve to be considered for the Test.

I agree. Steketee has always been decent but he seems to have levelled up this season and last as well, he's become an absolute threat with the ball.

To be fair though, the guy who has been banging the door down long and hard for the longest time is probably Boland.

Marsh One Day Cup

Queensland v Western Australia

The Gabba

TODAY, 1.35pm (Qld time)

Usman Khawaja (c)

James Bazley

Max Bryant

Joe Burns

Matthew Kuhnemann

Marnus Labuschagne

Jimmy Peirson

Will Prestwidge

Matthew Renshaw

Mark Steketee

Connor Sully

Jack Wildermuth

(12th man to be named)

Heazlett sick and replaced by Bryant.
Neser still sore.
Prestwidge potentially on debut.

Hopefully Bryant scores some runs, he was exceptional in grade cricket a week or two ago. Watched the highlights the other day and he was striking them as well as I'd ever seen. The Heat desperately need him back to his best.

It can be a make up for not selecting him when he had his best Shield season (18-19 I think?)

They did the same to Cutting. Everyone talks about form demanding selection and people are always jizzing themselves over these young guys like Richardson and they’ll play for Australia for a decade, yet anytime we have a performing Qlder, they never get picked.

They've also kept picking Sweppo for tour squads and never playing him, stopping him from playing Shield.

I feel like every time they see a maroon cap they automatically think Andy Bichel. Not a knock on the great man, but we all know why I’m bringing him up

I didn’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread as well but it’s no secret Qlders get fucked over in the selection room. If it’s, at best, a 50-50 decision, then we still know the outcome.

I’d put some good money on the odds they’ll do it to Steketee as well anyway

If the bowlers can give a handy 20 or so runs then bonus, we can’t select bowlers on their batting.

Id prefer a wicket taker who can hang around abit. We don’t need 4 pseudo all rounders

It can be a make up for not selecting him when he had his best Shield season (18-19 I think?)

They did the same to Cutting. Everyone talks about form demanding selection and people are always jizzing themselves over these young guys like Richardson and they’ll play for Australia for a decade, yet anytime we have a performing Qlder, they never get picked.

They've also kept picking Sweppo for tour squads and never playing him, stopping him from playing Shield.

I feel like every time they see a maroon cap they automatically think Andy Bichel. Not a knock on the great man, but we all know why I’m bringing him up

I didn’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread as well but it’s no secret Qlders get fucked over in the selection room. If it’s, at best, a 50-50 decision, then we still know the outcome.

I’d put some good money on the odds they’ll do it to Steketee as well anyway

Labuschagne got picked with a Shield average of 29.

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labs
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Neser
10. SWEPSON*
11. Hazelwood

Fixed.

I'd also wager that this is Paine's last summer.

Warriors 361

Bulls 1/20

If Bulls lose another wicket in next ten overs they’ll collapse.

Below average batting from Marnus.

Bulls 2/38

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.