Q-Cup Queensland Cup 2021

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
Alf. Fantastic half, but wouldn’t want him organising my side.
He was captain. I'd call that an organizing role. He's also regarded as one of the best "playmakers" of all time. If you're "making plays," you're organizing.

Milford wasn't an "organizing half" because he was a shit half. He played halfback like a fullback, and that only worked when everyone else picked up the slack.

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
I saw something the other day about Graham having an option in his favour to stay with broncos in 23 if he gets offered a contract by the broncoa
The dude isn’t retarted under no circumstances did he sign with Redcliffe for a development contract before his first day of broncos training just in case he can’t get in the top 30. I reckon with only 2 hookers currently and Turps leaving he probably could get into with his versatility.

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
He was captain. I'd call that an organizing role. He's also regarded as one of the best "playmakers" of all time. If you're "making plays," you're organizing.

Milford wasn't an "organizing half" because he was a shit half. He played halfback like a fullback, and that only worked when everyone else picked up the slack.

Alf wasn’t a great communicator and did things himself a lot. His try assists would have been low. He was a classic backyard player.

Stuart is what I would count as an organising half. Kevvie did it for the Broncos.

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
Alf wasn’t a great communicator and did things himself a lot. His try assists would have been low. He was a classic backyard player.

Stuart is what I would count as an organising half. Kevvie did it for the Broncos.
I agree that he used to go himself - a little too much - but I can't agree he couldn't organize plays. He was always pointing, long passing and grubbering for other players. He was mainly instinctive, but still a playmaking genius.

Two minutes of this will close my case:

Just because you're not the half that does the most organizing doesn't mean you can't organize play. The cliche about Milford was he had to be allowed to "play his own game" because any form of organization or leadership stressed him out too much, or something. If your two halves and hooker can't organize play to some extent, and your fullback can't create something out of nothing when returning the ball, your side is half arsed. And that's been our problem for years.

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
I agree that he used to go himself - a little too much - but I can't agree he couldn't organize plays. He was always pointing, long passing and grubbering for other players. He was mainly instinctive, but still a playmaking genius.

Two minutes of this will close my case:

Just because you're not the half that does the most organizing doesn't mean you can't organize play. The cliche about Milford was he had to be allowed to "play his own game" because any form of organization or leadership stressed him out too much, or something. If your two halves and hooker can't organize play to some extent, and your fullback can't create something out of nothing when returning the ball, your side is half arsed. And that's been our problem for years.

I watched every game of Alf’s from 85 to when he retired the 12th time. He will tell you he wasn’t a great organiser or communicator.

You just wanted the ball in his hands.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyne

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.