OFFICIAL Queensland Maroons Game I team confirmed

I'm not sure if it's been good form... he's pushing out a lot of offloads (are they necessary in origin?) and providing aggression, but he can still only go for short stints, which could be an issue for origin.

Without seeing the make up of their bench, I suspect he could only be used in 15-20min burst during origin... but is that worth a spot in the 17.

TPJ always gets gassed pretty quickly so like you say they can only afford to use him in short stints. I dont think you can carry that in Origin if you arent winning the game. Like Cronk said, you need players who can get the job done under fatigue.

I don’t think pick and stick ever meant QLD must pick a player and they’ve got their spot in the team forever. That would genuinely be stupid. NSW scapegoat a player after a game 1 loss every year, then they do the same after game 2 and we give them shit about that.

Tualagi sucks but he’s just keeping the spot warm for Corey Oates or Ponga to come in somewhere in the backline.

I wonder if gagi and papalii got the tap at the same time one decided to retire from rep the other didnt.ponga was a no brainer esp after the weekend and another headknock.welch im glad isnt in the 17 dont see why ppl rate him so much.

I think Fittler's plan this year is to bring as much aggression as possible as he admitted his pack was "bullied" last year. Hence the risk with TPJ. He might only be able to do short stints but he can intimidate. I expect them to try and fire Flegs up with a view to getting him sin binned or sent off.

Having only one recognised hooker means he can now afford to rotate TPJ in and out when needed. I'm not convinced Api will be able to go the full 80 so they must be planning on someone else giving him a rest.

TPJ can intimidate with dog shots. He's always been a flat track bully.

Someone lines him up early....he'll go MIA.

TPJ always gets gassed pretty quickly so like you say they can only afford to use him in short stints. I dont think you can carry that in Origin if you arent winning the game. Like Cronk said, you need players who can get the job done under fatigue.

TPJ has put a big bulls eye on himself .
Talkin tough about bullying the bullies . Careful what you wish for Tevita .

I don’t think pick and stick ever meant QLD must pick a player and they’ve got their spot in the team forever. That would genuinely be stupid. NSW scapegoat a player after a game 1 loss every year, then they do the same after game 2 and we give them shit about that.

Tualagi sucks but he’s just keeping the spot warm for Corey Oates or Ponga to come in somewhere in the backline.
I'm surprised he's not there TBH. He can do a great job defensively especially when set a task as was the case against Haas a couple of weeks back.
Time to move on I guess, I'm sure Billy would have spoke to Bellamy.

I think Fittler's plan this year is to bring as much aggression as possible as he admitted his pack was "bullied" last year. Hence the risk with TPJ. He might only be able to do short stints but he can intimidate. I expect them to try and fire Flegs up with a view to getting him sin binned or sent off.

Having only one recognised hooker means he can now afford to rotate TPJ in and out when needed. I'm not convinced Api will be able to go the full 80 so they must be planning on someone else giving him a rest.
Murray I reckon. I think he's played that role before.
Their problem is trying to fit Nico into some minutes.
That side has points in it if they can all swallow their egos and let Cleary take charge.

If Walsh comes out and performs well in even 2 out of the 3 games this year, he will be the QLD fullback for the rest of his career.

As a Broncos supporter, I find this extremely vexing lol

Murray I reckon. I think he's played that role before.
Their problem is trying to fit Nico into some minutes.
That side has points in it if they can all swallow their egos and let Cleary take charge.
They have the potential to run amok. But I have to ask myself in what series did the cockroaches not look like absolute world beaters?

I have a sneaking suspicion that more than ‘normal’ origin aggression will be allowed this year. But as usual only if you’re wearing a light blue shirt.

The two previous times Walsh has played for Queensland- off the bench in 2019 and fullback and captain in 2018.

The try in the seventh minutes is exactly what he does now. That's the first game I saw him play and Michael Roberts couldn't say enough about him. He made him captain. Ironically it was before the Warriors v Broncos game.

Off the bench and backing up Tesi's break in 2019.

I hadn't realised TPJ was in such good form....although I'm not a keen follower of the Bulldogs.

he could be up for a big one, though more than likely he will shit the bed and he'll get dropped for game 2 after QLD belt them in Game 1.
Yup, he’ll come out all guns blazing in the first 10-15min & then goes completely missing as he will be busted up. Him against the likes of our 2 Tom’s is a feast for the eyes 😀.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.