Scott Prince (Titans)
Billy Slater (Storm)
Cameron Smith (Storm)
David Shillington (Raiders)
David Stagg (Bulldogs)
Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
Willie Tonga (Cowboys)

There are some interesting selections and omissions there. Michaels and Ballin could consider themselves lucky and on the other hand Kenny and Friend can feel hard done by. I thought Friend would be the next hooker in line after Smith, but obviously not [icon_shru

Matt Ballin [icon_non [icon_non Steve Michaels [icon_ee

Poor Friend [icon_shru Why no Sailor eusa_think I'd rather him than Michaels.

Matt Ballin (Sea Eagles) LOLZ
Cooper Cronk (Storm)LOLZ
Steve Michaels (Broncos) ROFLCOPTER!!!
Willie Tonga (Cowboys) LOLZIPOPS!

No surprises there, aside from the likes of Michaels and Costigan - IMO they definitely won't get a run. Also don't see the point in naming Thurston, Prince AND Cronk. Surely another forward into the mix there? We'd be hard up for luck if both Thurston and Prince were unavailable... seem to be light-on in terms of forward.

1. Hunt/Slater
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Stagg/Johnson

14. Hunt/Slater
15. Parker
16. Shillington
17. Hannant

They'll go for something like that. If it were up to me, I'd take Cronk, Tonga and Michaels out of the mix, to be replaced with Sailor, Kenny and Kaufusi.

LOLZ MICHAELS WTF!
besides that as expected.

I didn't think Michaels has been that bad this year... no idea why he is copping so much criticism. Probably should have tried to set up Winterstein a few more times against the roosters, but after he made a few errors the last few weeks i think Henjack told him to just hold it.

Coxyz said:
Matt Ballin (Sea Eagles) LOLZ
Cooper Cronk (Storm)LOLZ
Steve Michaels (Broncos) ROFLCOPTER!!!
Willie Tonga (Cowboys) LOLZIPOPS!

That.

Can't believe they picked Ballin when Friend was available.

My main issue with it is that Costigan made the squad? He has played what two games? He is only there on what he has done in the past. At least with Tonga he has been solid when he has played for the Cowboys.

Agree with Coxyz about Michaels and Ballin too

m1c said:
I didn't think Michaels has been that bad this year... no idea why he is copping so much criticism. Probably should have tried to set up Winterstein a few more times against the roosters, but after he made a few errors the last few weeks i think Henjack told him to just hold it.

I don't think he's been that bad either. Not *that* bad at all.

But still not going good enough to make the preliminary origin squad, particularly when you think about the form of Kenny, Sailor, Friend etc.

Susan said:
Jonsey my friend, you're on drugs. Costigan has been very good this year.

How did Bowen miss out?

Plethora of fullbacks! [icon_lol1. Unlike NSW!

As for Costigan, he has been ordinary at best....when he played in the centres he was shown up horribly then he broke his hand in the process. As for his time in the forwards he has been outclassed by Creagh, Prior and Smith.

No room for him in my squad.

mick! said:
Susan said:
How did Bowen miss out?

1. He's overrated. Bigtime.
2. Karmichael Hunt.
3. Billy Slater.

+1

BUT, if you're going to include a very average halfback in Cronk, for the unlikelihood that 2 out of Thurston, Lockyer and Prince is out injured, then you should include Bowen for the equally unlikely scenario that both Hunt and Slater are injured.

He'd be 3rd choice fullback easily.

NSW are always crying "ridiculous" when we leave Bowen out....I'm onto their scams!

I think Ballin is good quality but am surprised he is ahead of Friend on the pecking order and Michaels doesn't deserve to be there they should have picked Sailor although Boyd will get the vacant wing spot on current form anyway. Other than that I am happy with the squad.

I also think Michael Luck was hard done by, he has been the Warriors most consistent player this season and probably the last 2 years.

The Gymp said:
I think Ballin is good quality but am surprised he is ahead of Friend on the pecking order and Michaels doesn't deserve to be there they should have picked Sailor although Boyd will get the vacant wing spot on current form anyway. Other than that I am happy with the squad.

I'd definitely have Friend ahead of Ballin and Payne probably slightly ahead of Ballin as well.

And Boyd is an incumbent and in better form now than when was picked last season, so he'll be there for sure.

Coxyz said:
mick! said:
Susan said:
How did Bowen miss out?

1. He's overrated. Bigtime.
2. Karmichael Hunt.
3. Billy Slater.

+1

BUT, if you're going to include a very average halfback in Cronk, for the unlikelihood that 2 out of Thurston, Lockyer and Prince is out injured, then you should include Bowen for the equally unlikely scenario that both Hunt and Slater are injured.

He'd be 3rd choice fullback easily.

I think cronk would go well in origin. The combination he has with slater, folau, inglis and smith would be invaluable. He is most certainly not the most talented half, but dont underestimate combinations.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brotherdu
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.