Queensland Under 20's

It is interesting, if it was CA and he is too good to play 20s, why not put him in what is supposed to be the best of the best in 20s? Anyone know? I would have loved to see him play in this age group. I don’t think NSW has their strongest team by far, so Qld might be in for a chance. Questioning selections is always tricky, but I just don’t understand why Qld have selected quite a few players that come off club benches on a weekly basis. There were also a few our forum members had mentioned should be selected on form, who seem to have missed out. How do the public and selectors always seem to see it so differently!

the carlin anderson hype is still to be put to the test, i could well be proved wrong but he is yet to prove otherwise. it seems odd how he has never played 20's or played grade yet with all the talk surrounding him.
the nsw team does look short of there best with the pick of these being willis meehan who is suspended and pangai not playing as well. these 2 are the best forwards by a country mile of all the young guys coming through.
politics and club agendas always plays a part in the qld team. bateman for instance should be the first player picked yet we see the likes of collins and barr ahead of him. bambling is a far better option than lawton, birch from the knights would be a better option than carey, brenko has been a little off this year but he is a much better option than both drew and seve (and i am a big drew fan) pondekas is another who has been outstanding for the bulldogs this year in an average team yet barr, tuiasu, lavea were all picked in front of him. looking at pondekas, brenko, bateman and birch it looks really political, considering that 3 of these guys all have firet grade contracts. im not sure about barr, lavea, tuiasu but i highly doubt these guys would be even considered for a fg contract.

Who is more talented, Carlin or Jayden Nikorima? I've not seen much of either.

Who is more talented, Carlin or Jayden Nikorima? I've not seen much of either.
I haven't seen much of Carlin, but I doubt he's even in the same postcode as Jayden.

the carlin anderson hype is still to be put to the test, i could well be proved wrong but he is yet to prove otherwise. it seems odd how he has never played 20's or played grade yet with all the talk surrounding him.

He's played 34 ISC games and is 19 years old. He's scored 24 tries in those 34 games playing fullback and winger and kicked 41 goals for 178 points playing against men and NRL players but because he wants to test himself and learn in that environment and not under age football you think that means he's not doing well.

That makes no sense and just defies belief. He earned his NRL contract after 18 ISC games!

There isn't a lot of talk about him; I am the only one that has ever mentioned him on here.

I didn't say it was Anderson either.

the nsw team does look short of there best with the pick of these being willis meehan who is suspended and pangai not playing as well. these 2 are the best forwards by a country mile of all the young guys coming through.
politics and club agendas always plays a part in the qld team. bateman for instance should be the first player picked yet we see the likes of collins and barr ahead of him. bambling is a far better option than lawton, birch from the knights would be a better option than carey, brenko has been a little off this year but he is a much better option than both drew and seve (and i am a big drew fan) pondekas is another who has been outstanding for the bulldogs this year in an average team yet barr, tuiasu, lavea were all picked in front of him. looking at pondekas, brenko, bateman and birch it looks really political, considering that 3 of these guys all have firet grade contracts. im not sure about barr, lavea, tuiasu but i highly doubt these guys would be even considered for a fg contract.
Wow you Talanoa must think the selectors have no idea??surely the kids you are saying shouldnt be there have something going for them to even wear the QLD jersey,I for one know what it felt like for my Son to play Origin a couple years back and what it meant to us as a family so mate if you dont think there upto it I hope these kids prove you wrong!!!I AM ALL FOR THE OPINIONS on forums but the work these kids put in is second to none or else they wouldnt even be playing 20s let alone Origin 20s.Good luck to all these young lads and to all us know it all keyboard coaches/selectors get behind them or dont watch them at all!!!QUEENSLANDER.

Last edited:
i didn't say they weren't up to it, I just said that there were better options (2 very different statements!!!)

While we are on the topic again, Tyson Cleal is very unlucky not to have made the team somewhere.

Prep is all completed; had a visit from Laura Geitz today talk to the guys.

Some interesting stats from both teams.

10 Broncos and the spine.
Broncos have scored the most points this year in the Under 20's.
Nikorima is the most effective player on both teams setting up 17 tries this year and 18 line breaks.
Arrow has the most meters for the Under 20's.

Blues winger Brent Naden has the third most runs for the Under 20's comp.
Addison Demetrio is a danger- broken 33 tackles in the past two NYC games, scoring three tries and averaging 274m a match.

Queensland have never won the Darren Lockyer Shield, at the moment so far Queensland have won the women, Under 16 and Under 18 and Residents in 2015.

20's and the Origin to go for the clean sweep.

how does the series stand for the 20s

Is the stream working for anyone yet?

Yeah, came in here to post it. Stream is solid for me.

Active Now

• cento
  • RodF
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.