NEWS Rabbitohs assistant Jason Demetriou says teams figured out Seibold

I disagree - I don’t think there is misunderstanding at all.

That’s the beauty of the spoken (and even written) word, and the English language in particular. Many different things can be portrayed using (mostly) the same words, allowing for even more varied understandings or interpretations.

Only the person saying / writing it knows the true intent.

For instance; I could tell someone I think you’re an alright bloke. Depending on how well I know you, that could mean I think you’re fantastic, we’re great mates and I’m just being the typical Aussie bloke and not showing much emotion. It could mean I legitimately think you’re just an average person, I don’t like you but I don’t dislike you. It could also mean I think you’re a POS but I am just trying to be diplomatic.

FTR, I think you’re an alright bloke 😂😂
It's a little odd having something explained to me that most would assume I would already know. I wonder what I meant by that.

This is just Bennett-ball, again. Typical tactics to take pressure off the team.

Who and what has Demetriou achieved in the NRL? Besides not being successful in getting the Broncos head coach gig?
Assistant coach to 2015 premiership winners the Cowboys. I actually think JD as head coach would be better then Bennet & JD.

Assistant coach to 2015 premiership winners the Cowboys. I actually think JD as head coach would be better then Bennet & JD.
Doesn’t make a whole heap of sense however, I think I understand what you’re trying to say..
Assistant, but that’s it. His name isn’t even being linked to the knights. Nor was it linked to the titans. It sounds like there are other assistants out there well above him in the pecking order.
To slam seibold on teams finding out souffs attack last year in a prelim final, is a little rich especially when you consider the broncos in both 2017 and 2018 (in both cases under wayne and Jason,) got pumped by 2 different teams in week 1 of the finals..
Add to that, souffs failed to score a point in 80 minutes against the bulldogs last week. If he wants to talk about attack, maybe he and wayne should have a look in their back yard first.

Let’s face it, he is still a bit upset he didn’t get the head coach gig at the Broncos, A’s is Wayne.

This is just Bennett-ball, again. Typical tactics to take pressure off the team.

Except he is putting more pressure on his team now.

It does seem that way. Seibs comments were initially pretty innocuous, but the coordinated response from the Rabbits makes it seem like Bennett has decided to twist Seibs' words to fire his team up. I think he did something similar for one of our GFs against the Dragons and I'm sure he has done it plenty of times since.

Hopefully it backfires of course and we lap them.

Fair point, however, isn't that really more a simple case of natural progression though?

To infer Bennett did it when Seibold wouldn’t have is only intended to inflame the situation, when in reality, any decent coach should have been looking to add to his game, to refine it.

I’d argue the transformation from what was essentially a fringe first grader to the Australian number 9 in the space of 12 months is what is most remarkable - and there is little doubting that transformation is thanks largely to Seibold.

I believe that’s what people think (and I agree with them to think such) when they read JD’s comments, rather than simply refining a very capable player.

It’s a bit like tuning a 500hp BMW to get 550hp. Most of the work was done when BMW spent 10’s of millions of dollars on RHD developing the car, not in some rev heads garage who just dumped another $20k into the engine / mechanics.

Hard to attribute a % and who contributed more to his skills- doesn't matter too much but he's a more diverse player now.

He reminded me of Granville last year, I know a coach that loved coaching against Granville because he just ran. All week they would just work on 'sacking' him and then he would pass as a second thought a lot of times it would not be ideal pass.

Cool has added to his game.

Yet again, Siebs comments are being manipulated and taken to mean something he did not say

Siebs comment, as quoted "not a lot has changed from an attacking point of view” which is being taken as him having a crack

Siebs actual comment in full “not a lot has changed from an attacking point of view, they throw plenty at you" which is him clearly saying the Rabbits attack is potent

Being quoted in full is helpful

Yet again, Siebs comments are being manipulated and taken to mean something he did not say

Siebs comment, as quoted "not a lot has changed from an attacking point of view” which is being taken as him having a crack

Siebs actual comment in full “not a lot has changed from an attacking point of view, they throw plenty at you" which is him clearly saying the Rabbits attack is potent

Being quoted in full is helpful

Quoting in full doesn’t get the Clickz.

Doesn’t make a whole heap of sense however, I think I understand what you’re trying to say..
Assistant, but that’s it.

Your original quote was asking 'What's he ever done in the NRL?" . Assistant coach is pretty much the biggest off field role you can do without being head coach. He has incredible success in lower leagues, crazy good success as well as assistant coach during a NRL GF win. His resume is so stacked.

A JD coached team would be a playing finals footy every year. I'm not sure how guys like Brennan have got jobs before him.

Last edited:
Your original quote was asking 'What's he ever done in the NRL?" . Assistant coach is pretty much the biggest off field role you can do without being head coach. He has incredible success in lower leagues, crazy good success as well as assistant coach during a NRL GF win. His resume is so stacked.

A JD coached team would be a playing finals footy every year. I'm not sure how guys like Brennan have got jobs before him.
Seems as though he’s hit a submerged log since coming to the Broncs and now Souths.

Making it in the lower grades means absolutely and utterly nothing for players and coaches. Majority who make the step up to NRL are fucking useless. Looks like JD is the same.

Hook couldn't either.

Making it in the lower grades means absolutely and utterly nothing for players and coaches. Majority who make the step up to NRL are fucking useless. Looks like JD is the same.

Hook couldn't either.
Looks like JD is the same? How do you judge that? JD took over our attack last year from round 6 and we scored second most points in the comp..

Looks like JD is the same? How do you judge that? JD took over our attack last year from round 6 and we scored second most points in the comp..
We still didn't look that good though. No set moves apart from the sweep play we had been doing for the previous 3 years. Our attack relied mainly on individual brilliance.

I wouldn't say success in the lower grades means nothing. It's just that the NRL is a different beast. It's on every single week and it doesn't let up.

Because we got smashed in the finals when it mattered, and the team he's looking after this year have started going backwards at the wrong end of the season.

Because we got smashed in the finals when it mattered, and the team he's looking after this year have started going backwards at the wrong end of the season.

I'm goign to argue that getting smashed in a finals as an assistant coach is GOOD experience, Life's best teachings often come from adversity or bad experiences.
How different would those finals be if he was HEAD coach now? JD has one of the best non-head coach resumes period. That's all you can judge on without a chicken and the egg scenario.

He is the kind of head coach that will lead a team to finals year in, year out.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.