Radradra Rumoured to want to quit NRL.

I'm a bit more sympathetic to him. I wouldn't want the rules changed but I can see why he'd consider leaving - the possibility of playing Origin is a huge perk (financially and otherwise) for the top players in the NRL. if that isn't avaialble to him, the benefits of staying in the NRL compared to heading overseas are less

this also sounds like a media beat up - I wouldn't be surprised if Radradra had just been mulling the possibility of a move overseas and then had that blown out of proportion by this story

Such a humble guy and has always seemed so to me, even after this. I'd be pissed off if my name had been dragged through the mud by some journo just for a few reads. This guy has been slandered from here to there over this. Journos should be held accountable for some of the shit they print.

I'd be pissed off if my name had been dragged through the mud by some journo just for a few reads. This guy has been slandered from here to there over this. Journos should be held accountable for some of the shit they print.

Didn't DCE rubbish rumours that he was going to backflip on his Titans deal.

And look what happened.

Didn't DCE rubbish rumours that he was going to backflip on his Titans deal.

And look what happened.

Yeah and now DCE has lost alot of credibility, is seen as money-hungry, and is generally unliked by alot of fans.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say.. You think Semi is lying? To me this comes across as genuine whereas the DCE saga always had a stink about it.

I think his manager has done this, to get him the money they think he deserves.

And with Parramatta's salary cap problems, that may not happen now.

Maybe they want the NRL to top up his contract.

Origin Rules have been a bit of a farce. Its not really the same concept these days as it was intended to be. Its grown into a huge event. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the money men behind it don't at some stage push for something like both states being able to pick a " guest player " at some point so we could see a Radradra or a Sam Burgess for example get a taste of Origin. I wouldn't be for that at all, but i could see the attraction in it as it would create even more interest.
Maybe "ALL STARS ORIGIN"

FFS it's a contest between Qld & Nsw all others can go **** themselves

He grew up on Rugby Union, as I understand it, he might just be more interested in it too.

Maybe "ALL STARS ORIGIN" 

FFS it's a contest between Qld & Nsw all others can go **** themselves

Good God, you have probably given them an idea there!!

Borrowing Morkel's tin-foil hat for a moment, I wonder how much of this has to do with Parra's salary cap woes.

Hypothetically, if Semi's promised income is jeopardised with shortfalls (eg dodgy 3rd party deals/NRL enforced salary reductions), it makes sense for Parra to then dream up an origin berth to supplement their shortfall whilst getting on the good side of Semi and distracting blame.

Secondly, the 'Semi-Blues' story certainly takes some attention away from Parra as a club atm.

Who first reported the Semi-Blues saga? Do they have affiliations to Parra? *EDIT* Paul Kent for FoxSports - that rules out the second theory.

*Passes tin-foil hat back to Morkel*

Thanks. I was only wearing 3 for s while there and felt downright exposed.

I too would like to see Semi forge his own history by sticking true to his Fiji jersey and inspiring others to do the same.

I know the lure of Origin is huge, but can you imagine how different the International game would be if Civoniceva captained the Fiji team for 10 years and inspired a new generation including Hayne to commit to the Bati?

I reckon Semi is the closest thing the NRL has got to JYY, such a shame he isn't in our colors.

Apparently his manager signed him up to a 4 year deal @$250k per year no ifs, no buts.

If this is true then the whole story more than likely was concocted by his manager to somehow improve Semis lot. If true the manager has cocked up by not getting an option after 2 years in the players favour or some type of review in case he carved up which as we know is what he has done.

Parra are laughing.

Source BTW is Wendell and the triple M crew.

One of the geniuses put forward a suggestion that he could be topped up from the NRL elite player fund. FMD this situation is exactly what we don't want the fund to be used for.

If Hayne for eg. was to be enticed back then any team which signed him would be deemed to have say $800k off the cap even if they paid less but anything over the deemed amount would also be taken off the cap.

The elite player payment would be separate and would be outside the cap.

If semi was to be topped up then he is being paid unders but topped up to keep him in League and giving Parra a big advantage. Fucking dumbasses.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • TimWhatley
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • broncs30
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.