Random Facts Thread...Or The Art of I Can't Believe I Didn't Know That Thread

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
  • Staff
You know what, the title is pretty self-explanatory. Anywho, this may or may not be popular but basically just post random facts or stuff you can't believe you didn't know.

I'll start.

I can't believe I never knew River Pheonix was Joaquin Pheonix's brother.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I pronounced the word hybrid 'Hib - rid' instead of 'High - brid' between the ages of 10 and 18 because of the kid in grade 6 who introduced me to the Linkin Park album Hybrid Theory pronouncing it that way.

I owe a lot to him, introducing me to such a great band. I also hate him, because I don't know how many times I sounded like a moron saying that word in that 8 year period with nobody calling me out on it.

Thank you for listening.

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Dog saliva is antibacterial.
I'm still surprised with all the batshit health crazes flying about that no one has marketed dog saliva for rejuvenative facial purposes. FYI, patent pending.
Plovers aren't poisonous, it's a myth
This is a good one that crops up every now and then. Someone always insists it until you question them how many other poisonous birds have you ever heard of?

Reactions: Tom

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
As for me:

Way back in the dark pre-internet ages a friend told me country singer Garth Brooks was blind.

Not having the means nor impetus to quality this statement I believed this to be the truth for more than a decade.

Can't believe I didn't know Garth Brooks could see.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
With one fold a $5 note can be turned into a humorous picture of a whale eating a smaller whale.

Turky Murky

BRL Player
When I was a little kid, my dad told me he had to clean up the horse poo behind the television after every western movie. He also told me the world was in black and white in the old days.
Dads r always good for a gee up. When I was young my dad convinced me that FuiFui MoiMoi’s name was actually “Fui Moi” and he just had a stutter when he came to Australia and told them it was FuiFui MoiMoi by accident. I got in so many arguments with my primary school mates over that. Smh

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Dads r always good for a gee up. When I was young my dad convinced me that FuiFui MoiMoi’s name was actually “Fui Moi” and he just had a stutter when he came to Australia and told them it was FuiFui MoiMoi by accident. I got in so many arguments with my primary school mates over that. Smh
That’s GOLD!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter