The Dolphins discussion

No. Because that conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

The NRL benefits more from the Broncos being successful..
I love a good conspiracy theory so here’s three facts.
1. Nick Politis and PVL are mates.
2. Uncle Nick recently sold his Broncos shares.
3. Uncle Nick is now sprouting that the 18th team should come from the 17th team unsuccessful bidders or regional Queensland.

Did I read right that they aren't going to be able to play under their red colours?

Only the NRL could **** up expansion, and give the new, very very old club the finger at the same time.

Should let them use the same kit they currently run. It's the club's identity, just not to Sydney flogs.

The head of the Redcliffe bid said that they'll be keeping the red & white but adding a third colour. Logic for me suggests they'd want the grey of the dolphin. But who knows what they'll end up with.

This is Nick Campton's possible team

1. Corey Allan - $400,000
2. Ronaldo Mulitalo - $500,000
3. Tremain Spry - $150,000
4. Phillip Sami - $250,000
5. Corey Oates - $500,000
6. Cameron Munster $1,000,000
7. Braydon Trindall - $350,000
8. Christian Welch © - $750,000
9. Harry Grant - $800,000
10. David Klemmer - $650,000
11. David Fifita - $800,000
12. Tariq Sims - $400,000
13. Corey Horsburgh $350,000

14. Kodi Nikorima - $250,000
15. Tui Kamikamica - $400,000
16. Josh Kerr - $350,000
17. Thomas Mikaele - $250,000

Total: 8.15 million

Spine: $2.8 million
Middle: $2.75 million
Edge: $1.2 million
Centre: $400,000
Wing: $900,000

Total salary cap: $9.11 million

some notes:
  • I don't see Fifita taking a sizeable pay cut
  • he has Oates on 500k ... Chammas put him on 150k
  • Kodi Nikorima isn't coming back to play bench for 250k

At least this team is more realistic than some from the other ‘experts’ who don’t even know what the minimum salary is.

I also agree some of these prices are out of whack but Fifita won’t have a choice, no one will offer him the ridiculous amount the Titans did, not even the Titans. 800k is about what he’ll get.

They need to get a major sponsor on board who has 'Redcliffe' in their name. That way they get to plaster it right up front on their jersey. Problem solved.

They'll have it, they announced yesterday their apparel sponsor- Classic and they are hoping to have their jumper out by Christmas.

Reader is smart, he spent so long at the Broncos and then went to Norths, off his own bat his secondment to Norths CEO so he could learn how to be a CEO. He's pretty smart.

Bennett will poach Cody Walker, maybe at the expense of Munster. That's my tip.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Reed Mahoney join him.

I think Cody is a decent shout as he's a northern rivers local and therefore SEQ is much closer to home.

Also represents that big name signing to kick things off.

You'd imagine Souths will not want to lose him though.

I'd imagine Munster would be the more attainable of the two, as I dont think Melbourne are all that fussed about whether they keep him or not with how Hughes played this year.

One thing this does mean is look out ISC comp next year, Dolphins won't want to go to the NRL coming second last- they will be determine to have a great year and win the thing.

Mogg will be trying to impress and get a gig with Bennett and they will have Bennett helping out.

Surely the big initial signing will be Munster.

One thing this does mean is look out ISC comp next year, Dolphins won't want to go to the NRL coming second last- they will be determine to have a great year and win the thing.

Mogg will be trying to impress and get a gig with Bennett and they will have Bennett helping out.
Might they look at signing some guys off contract this year to effectively play ISC before joining the top squad in 2023??

There's not many decent signings off contract for next year, but if they wanted to start fleshing out some depth signings for their top squad would that be allowed under ISC rules or is there a 'salary cap' in place.

I know Ash just signed a T&T deal with warriors, who's feeder is actually Redcliffe, but could the Dolphins sign him through 2022 to play ISC??

Also what is happening with the warriors affiliation with Redcliffe... it only just started this year didnt it, will they all of a sudden be looking to make a deal with another team??

Might they look at signing some guys off contract this year to effectively play ISC before joining the top squad in 2023??

There's not many decent signings off contract for next year, but if they wanted to start fleshing out some depth signings for their top squad would that be allowed under ISC rules or is there a 'salary cap' in place.

I know Ash just signed a T&T deal with warriors, who's feeder is actually Redcliffe, but could the Dolphins sign him through 2022 to play ISC??

Also what is happening with the warriors affiliation with Redcliffe... it only just started this year didnt it, will they all of a sudden be looking to make a deal with another team??

No cap in ISC- you can spend whatever you want.

Yeah Taylor could well end up at the Dolphins and trying to impress for 23. Warriors are based at Dolphins next season.

They could use next year to start building some depth players and weeding out which existing Dolphins are there- although hard to do with eight Warriors in the team each week.

That will be interesting to see how that plays out with Mogg and Bennett. Don't think Wayne is a fan!

Surely the big initial signing will be Munster.
Not if Wayne already has Walker on the hook, which I'm sure he has. Souths will be throwing everything at Cody right now - Rusty, Bunny for life, captaincy, you name it - but it's nothing compared to running back to Daddy. Walker's at peak value right now, so they'll have to stump up some serious cash to lure him out of his lifetime club. Bennett's not afraid to go toe-to-toe on cash. I doubt he'll be beaten on price. And signing a Walker on fire would stick it to the Broncos for their Marquee signing of yesterday's hero.

Munster, on the other hand, Bennet's also coached with great success. He's an individual with a bigger personality, a potential QLD captain in waiting, and he'll give the team an identity. Plus he's already said he wants the job. Wayne can't go wrong either way.

Could he even land both? Not out of the question. Especially if he forgoes a veteran hooker and poaches Blake Mozer, which I reckon is also on the cards.

Not if Wayne already has Walker on the hook, which I'm sure he has. Souths will be throwing everything at Cody right now - Rusty, Bunny for life, captaincy, you name it - but it's nothing compared to running back to Daddy. Walker's at peak value right now, so they'll have to stump up some serious cash to lure him out of his lifetime club. Bennett's not afraid to go toe-to-toe on cash. I doubt he'll be beaten on price. And signing a Walker on fire would stick it to the Broncos for their Marquee signing of yesterday's hero.

Munster, on the other hand, Bennet's also coached with great success. He's an individual with a bigger personality, a potential QLD captain in waiting, and he'll give the team an identity. Plus he's already said he wants the job. Wayne can't go wrong either way.

Could he even land both? Not out of the question. Especially if he forgoes a veteran hooker and poaches Blake Mozer, which I reckon is also on the cards.
Cody will be 33 before the Dolphins even play a game, somehow I doubt he'll be their marquee signing.

That will be interesting to see how that plays out with Mogg and Bennett. Don't think Wayne is a fan!
True... do recall you mentioning that they had a falling out when Mogg kept playing Broncos out of position or something... and then we severed ties with them as a feeder.

Wonder if Petey B will pick up on that 🤔🤔🤔

This is an interesting point and could be why Souths are throwing their new rule of 'no player over 30 gets more than 1 year (maybe 2?) now out the window since they let ARey go. Both Walker and Nicholls are over 30, Nicholls i believe just got a new 2 yr extension and they are saying Walker can be there as long as he wants.

If Walker doesn't extend now, you'd imagine he is gone.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.