The Dolphins discussion

True... do recall you mentioning that they had a falling out when Mogg kept playing Broncos out of position or something... and then we severed ties with them as a feeder.

Wonder if Petey B will pick up on that 🤔🤔🤔
That was Ipswich I think mate. Bennett let rip at Mogg for not picking Tom Opacic for a game and used some lame excuse to try to drop him instead of taking him to PNG. He doesn't like Mogg at all. They also had an issue when Benji Marshall was playing at Redcliffe and he refused to play for Mogg.

I love a good conspiracy theory so here’s three facts.
1. Nick Politis and PVL are mates.
2. Uncle Nick recently sold his Broncos shares.
3. Uncle Nick is now sprouting that the 18th team should come from the 17th team unsuccessful bidders or regional Queensland.
His shares were only worth something like $80k…

Bennett talks Munster:

“If Cameron is available or keen to come home, I will certainly look at him. Everyone will be hard to get out of the 16 clubs, there is no doubt about that, but Cameron is someone I have great admiration for."

“Predominantly, the Dolphins will want a Queensland look, but you always have to sign the best players and Cameron ticks both those boxes. “We have a 12-month runway to build a roster, but I need to get myself sorted with Redcliffe first before I get too far in front of myself and worry about what players we have or won’t have for 2023.”

“I worked with him in Origin last year and he was magnificent. I said to someone the other day, do you want me to sign a team of choirboys? If we have a team of choirboys, we will win nothing."

“I have a great relationship with Cameron. He is a smart footballer. I know Cameron carries on like a larrikin but he is no fool. He is not stupid. I’ve had him in team meetings and he knows what’s going on. Cameron was brilliant for me in Origin so I wouldn’t see a problem.”

Munster in August:

“For sure I will consider it." I know Wayne would be very keen to coach a second Brisbane team. He told me in Origin camp he is keen on a second Brisbane team, so it would be a very competitive side if Wayne was in charge."

“It’s a big decision for me. The Storm are a great club and they gave me my first opportunity to play NRL. I am a pretty loyal bloke and I will definitely give them an opportunity to keep me, but with the new Brisbane team coming along, it will be a tough conversation to have."

“There is so much potential with a 17th team, especially for Central Queensland where I’m from and all the regions around Brisbane.”

McHunt

How is @Wolfie feeling about all of this now that he has a few days for the dust to settle.

Will Patty Carrigan be the first Dolphins captain? It's not out of the realm of possibility tbh.

Bennett talks Munster:

“I worked with him in Origin last year and he was magnificent. I said to someone the other day, do you want me to sign a team of choirboys? If we have a team of choirboys, we will win nothing."

False. That's exactly how you win a choir championship. I'm sure someone who has Kayo and has watched a lot of competitive choir comps can back me up.

I haven’t been following closely. Is Bennett already signed there?

One thing this does mean is look out ISC comp next year, Dolphins won't want to go to the NRL coming second last- they will be determine to have a great year and win the thing.

Mogg will be trying to impress and get a gig with Bennett and they will have Bennett helping out.
Also what does that mean for the Warriors? Was the Redcliffe affiliation merely a short term arrangement to help develop their extended squad or do they have designs of bringing Australian talent through their ranks? It would seem odd to abandon the idea altogether but there's very few clubs to pick from.

Are the Jets open to a partnership? They have an affiliation with the Newcastle Knights but as far as I'm aware it's a situation where the Jets send a few players down to take part in the Knights pre-season and potentially earn a contract. Newcastle don't send any players to the Jets, which is odd considering they don't have a Flegg team. You would think a few of those players would benefit from playing some QCup, especially if the Knights are in town.

If not the Jets it would only leave the CQ Capras as the non-affiliate Queensland based club and the Warriors would have their work cut out for them to make it worth their while. It could work but it's not as comfortable an arrangement as the Dolphins obviously were.

Also what does that mean for the Warriors? Was the Redcliffe affiliation merely a short term arrangement to help develop their extended squad or do they have designs of bringing Australian talent through their ranks? It would seem odd to abandon the idea altogether but there's very few clubs to pick from.

Are the Jets open to a partnership? They have an affiliation with the Newcastle Knights but as far as I'm aware it's a situation where the Jets send a few players down to take part in the Knights pre-season and potentially earn a contract. Newcastle don't send any players to the Jets, which is odd considering they don't have a Flegg team. You would think a few of those players would benefit from playing some QCup, especially if the Knights are in town.

If not the Jets it would only leave the CQ Capras as the non-affiliate Queensland based club and the Warriors would have their work cut out for them to make it worth their while. It could work but it's not as comfortable an arrangement as the Dolphins obviously were.
Who are easts aligned with nowadays??

How is @Wolfie feeling about all of this now that he has a few days for the dust to settle.

Will Patty Carrigan be the first Dolphins captain? It's not out of the realm of possibility tbh.

Feeling good about it. I think they will surprise a few and I think they will bring in some very good player over their first 2 years.

Patty won't be leaving the Broncos. Just can't see that happening.

False. That's exactly how you win a choir championship. I'm sure someone who has Kayo and has watched a lot of competitive choir comps can back me up.
The Office Lie GIF

Feeling good about it. I think they will surprise a few and I think they will bring in some very good player over their first 2 years.

Patty won't be leaving the Broncos. Just can't see that happening.
Im not sure about the surprise a few people. I dont think I have read any were that the dolphins wont succeed and be successful. Actually the opposite most people north and south or the border seem to think they will be a huge hit.

I dont believe they can play the underdog tag and stay under the radar imo.

I think its neally been unanimous that they are the right club and they should of been in the nrl for a while now. they for sure are already run better then some current nrl clubs.

I will be super surprised if they are not considered powerhouse club within 5 years if not way sooner

I don’t mind any piece of this in particular but something about how the text and dolphin interact makes me twitch. Too much negative space or clashing angles or something
It does look kinda off, but at the end of the day its not a major thing

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • unnerv1ng
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.