OFFICIAL Redcliffe Dolphins discussion

vertigo

NRL Captain
Mar 2, 2010
Threads
The dolphins recruitment is going to be red hot. The NRL don't want another basket case coming in.

And we have to compete with them for signings now. Not a good time to be playing like shit.

2022 couldn't be more important for us.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
The dolphins recruitment is going to be red hot. The NRL don't want another basket case coming in.

And we have to compete with them for signings now. Not a good time to be playing like shit.

I dont think you will see them as a real force until 2024. They will get some quality in for 2023, but i think its going to be 2024 when they make a statement.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads

From that perspective our priorities are Herbie and Patty for 2023 free agents... so hopefully they get locked away soon.

And even out of those two Patty is non-negotiable re-signing in my eyes... but of course the new franchise "wOnt cAnNiBaliZe tHe QlD teAms"

Battler

NRL Captain
Dec 4, 2013
Threads
Redcliffe isn’t even in Brisbane. It’s a weird choice geographically, the jets would have taken more of our support imo.

That said, the nrl will let them do whatever they want in terms of signings so they might bring in the bandwagoners in Brisbane who currently ‘support’ the storm.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
That’s the right choice. Excited to see how it goes

I certainly agree that the right choice was made from the 3 teams in the race (I don't agree that S.E. QLD was the right choice to place the 17th team, but that's another story)

although they could have at least pretended that they hadn't already made the decision ... I mean they could have had some beer stocked in the fridge and a smart TV with netflix hooked up ... have a few cold ones and watch some movies, before emerging several hours later with their "decision" and the appearance they were actually taking this decision seriously.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
I certainly agree that the right choice was made from the 3 teams in the race (I don't agree that S.E. QLD was the right choice to place the 17th team, but that's another story)

although the could have at least pretended that they hadn't already made the decision ... I mean they could have had some beer stocked in the fridge and a smart TV with netflix hooked up ... have a few cold ones and watch some movies, before emerging several hours later with their "decision" and the appearance they were actually taking this decision seriously.
I agree it probably shouldn’t have been the next cab off the rank but of the QLD options I think it was the right call. It doesn’t feel as manufactured as the others and is a club with a decent existing fan base and a soul. You’d think with Wayne involved there will be a good junior pathway set up which will actually benefit the game in the long run unlike the way the titans and Storm have been introduced. More QLD talent is only a good thing and another QLD team will hopefully give QLD more power in the NRL.

As long as they aren’t dumb enough to make the next club another Brisbane club, it doesn’t really matter what order they enter at. I’m hopeful the next club is in New Zealand or Perth. Some actual expansion.

Galah

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2019
Threads
Wolfie Wolfie if I see any Redcliffe promotion on here.
F6DC3715-D303-4D92-8562-638CCAFA28D5.gif

Morkel

International Captain
Jan 25, 2013
Threads
Probably the right call in terms of a team that is effectively already set up. But I really think they needed to capture the non-brisbane, rural-type fans. From Ipswich all the way out west and north. I know shitloads of fans who simply don't identify with the "glamour" of the Broncos and have defaulted to the Cowboys as their team.

Apr 10, 2015
Threads
Redcliffe isn’t even in Brisbane. It’s a weird choice geographically, the jets would have taken more of our support imo.

That said, the nrl will let them do whatever they want in terms of signings so they might bring in the bandwagoners in Brisbane who currently ‘support’ the storm.
People saying the dolphins are our problem more then any other club have not been Up to redcliffe or sunshine coast lately. The storm have just as much support as us up there these days. The problem for the storm compared to us is that they have NO OTHER AVENUES they have grown and developed talent or support. It's actually a little bit crazy tbh. The city of Melbourne has no talent or pathways for talent whatsoever, they've had 30 bloody years.
They even have a netball team on the sunshine coast. They start losing on the field and they will really, really struggle to survive without handouts from their owners and the NRL.

I really like what donuts said in his interview. He mentioned tv ratings and how the NRL should want us to do well, look at the ratings! Then he mentioned that no matter which club wins the Brisbane bid we will just increase our funding to other areas (e.g. Ipswich, Logan, southern brisbane). We start winning we will increase our support rather then decrease with an extra debt on top of that.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
People saying the dolphins are our problem more then any other club have not been Up to redcliffe or sunshine coast lately. The storm have just as much support as us up there these days. The problem for the storm compared to us is that they have NO OTHER AVENUES they have grown and developed talent or support. It's actually a little bit crazy tbh. The city of Melbourne has no talent or pathways for talent whatsoever, they've had 30 bloody years.
They even have a netball team on the sunshine coast. They start losing on the field and they will really, really struggle to survive without handouts from their owners and the NRL.

I really like what donuts said in his interview. He mentioned tv ratings and how the NRL should want us to do well, look at the ratings! Then he mentioned that no matter which club wins the Brisbane bid we will just increase our funding to other areas (e.g. Ipswich, Logan, southern brisbane). We start winning we will increase our support rather then decrease with an extra debt on top of that.

I know Melbourne are a more attractive proposition in terms of their success over the Dolphins, but if Redcliffe get it right they will take a massive number of players away from them. They wont have to move away from their families and friends to get a shot at NRL footy.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyne

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.