The Dolphins discussion

How the f they going to make this weekly bye fair?

100% we’ll have a bye in like round 4.
To make it fair they would probably need to give each team maybe 3 byes

1 pre origin
1 during origin (the current bye allocation)
1 post origin

If they only give 2 then it will disadvantage whichever team gets a bye in week 1, 2, 3, etc. compared to whichever team gets a bye in the backend of the year... OR if a team gets 2 byes during origin.

I'm not sure how 3 byes would impact on length of the season though.

Most likely NSWRL wont give a ****... or has barely considered it to begin with.. and will just go with 2 byes each. Teams will then nominate their preference, but NSWRL will probably just hand it over to Nein/Fox to make the decision on when teams ultimately get their byes based on them getting the best ratings.

Soooo prepare for a week 1 bye tigers or warriors

Well you better get onto it if you want to keep pushing that line.

You’d be better just saying I didn’t know that they were just the Warriors.

Imagine arguing their jumper is wrong.

I get what you are saying, and I'm not actually a fan of them wanting to get rid of Redcliffe from the name. They clearly want them to encompass Brisbane and not just the Redcliffe region.

I don't think it's a fair comparison with somebody like the crushers. Redcliffe are totally different kettle of fish. They have a long history, 74 years of history behind them. They have a solid infrastructure that's been in place for a very long time. They already have the junior pathways up and running. They have assets worth between $70 million and $100 million, a turnover of around $50 million and somewhere in the region of $20 million in then bank. They are also getting one of the best coaches in the game to establish them. Plus they are starting with a clean slate with their roster which is a huge bonus. I don't see teams like the crushers or the Titans as being comparable in what they can bring to the table.
They sound very similar to the modern day panthers and where they have got to.

NRL website: https://www.nrl.com/clubs/warriors/

Checks out.

The Roosters are essentially just 'The Roosters' as well, when was the last time anyone called them the 'Sydney Roosters', it never happens.

I cannot believe they haven't associated this team with a region, it's laughable actually
Maybe it's the GPS schoolboy rugby tragic in me, but I think they're underestimating the importance of tribalism in generating a passionate rivalry (and supporter base). Not having a geographical region attached to the club gives it a very vague identity in my opinion. Redcliffe has a long and proud history - own it.

And now we get to watch Wayne shit all over the Broncos for a further 3yrs.
I dare say the shit calls and draws that we have suffered through for the last few years will continue and you can be assured the NRL will not want to see a thriving Broncos on-field side.
Can’t wait for that historical day when the Southern Hemisphere dolphins beat the broncos for the first time.

The "**** the Broncos" crowd finally get their day in the sun.

Sarcasm aside, congrats to the Dolphins. Their elevation is entirely manufactured but if any current South East side was going to get it, they were the most deserving.

The "**** the Broncos" crowd finally get their day in the sun.

Sarcasm aside, congrats to the Dolphins. Their elevation is entirely manufactured but if any current South East side was going to get it, they were the most deserving.
Watch them go into meltdown when anyone tries to talk about their history in the BRL.

The club has a richer history than most of the competition but watch it largely be ignored.

Out of all the potential geographical possibilities, none was by far the worst.

Introducing The Generic 17th Team Dolphins.

edit: in case it wasn’t generic enough already this is apparently the official logo:

62D50154 2A83 4311 A3AA 20E403CE53F0

Knowing Vlandy's M.O. he probably didn't consider Bennett's credentials from a coaching perspective before trying to get him installed as the foundation coach of the Dolphins ... he only considered the fact that Bennett was one of the few people to kiss his ass over the last few years.

I don't even know why PVL intervened ... it's not like Bennett needs his help to get a coaching gig

Annddddd another reason for the nrl to keep dumping on the broncos. They won’t want us being back to the old broncos anytime soon. 50/50 calls will continue to not go our way.

I'm actually not so sure about that.

there's already talk about the Dolphins kicking off 2023 in a "blockbuster" against us ... it's not really going to be a blockbuster if we're still struggling

Active Now

• bazza
  • johnny plath
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • barker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Bronx48
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • LittleDavey
  • Bronco bob
  • Jedhead
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.