The Dolphins discussion

Bay Dolphins works too - can include Moreton Bay, Redland Bay and whatever coastline they like.

This might make it more difficult to get Grant though, I imagine he'll be a priority target for them. In fact I am pretty sure this has the potential to dismantle Melbourne.

Never thought I'd say this but Vlandys, you are a genius (for all the wrong reasons)!

Out of all the potential geographical possibilities, none was by far the worst.

Introducing The Generic 17th Team Dolphins.

edit: in case it wasn’t generic enough already this is apparently the official logo:

View attachment 15543

That is their logo from the 1980’s.

Attachments

• DFF81C04-4335-4A42-A097-4842BCFE19AF.jpeg
    DFF81C04-4335-4A42-A097-4842BCFE19AF.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 72
Bay Dolphins works too - can include Moreton Bay, Redland Bay and whatever coastline they like.

This might make it more difficult to get Grant though, I imagine he'll be a priority target for them. In fact I am pretty sure this has the potential to dismantle Melbourne.

Never thought I'd say this but Vlandys, you are a genius (for all the wrong reasons)!

With Grants family ties to Redcliffe it wouldnt surprise me if he chose to go there.

That is their logo from the 1980’s.
Yeah fairly similar. It’s growing on me anyway lol.

Wonder if they’ll take Petero away from us.

Do you think any of their current squad will be NRL ready for 2023?

And now we get to watch Wayne shit all over the Broncos for a further 3yrs.
I dare say the shit calls and draws that we have suffered through for the last few years will continue and you can be assured the NRL will not want to see a thriving Broncos on-field side.
I know right! But a serious question - why do we continue to follow the bullshit?

The good news is, judging by the new website it looks like the Red, White, and Gold will be their colours. I think that will look class and still be fairly true to the original.

I actually can’t wait for the circus around signings over the next 12 months.

There goes any chance of the West Coast Pirates being brought in then. Red, Gold and Black were there colours

Interestingly, unless there’s a caretaker role about to spring up, next season will be the first in NRL history to not feature a Wayne Bennett coached team.
Remarkable observation my man.

With Grants family ties to Redcliffe it wouldnt surprise me if he chose to go there.
Wishful thinking. Family ties to a Q Cup team don’t mean much. He’s a Bronco

I thought he was a Yapoon boy?

He is, Bunn took his dad and Uncle to Dolphins when he went there from Yeppoon.

Grant’s dad got hurt and went home and had four boys.

He never played A grade and played a few trials. His family link isn’t big.

His link/love of Bunn is bigger.

Wishful thinking. Family ties to a Q Cup team don’t mean much. He’s a Bronco

He followed Brisbane as a kid, but i've heard him talk about his fondness for Redcliffe seeing as his Dad and Uncle both played there. I wouldnt rule it out. They have the money and they have Wayne.

He followed Brisbane as a kid, but i've heard him talk about his fondness for Redcliffe seeing as his Dad and Uncle both played there. I wouldnt rule it out. They have the money and they have Wayne.
I think 'Harry fits Reddy' might be the sequel.

Most people i know dont want to be called Brisbane Dolphins. Moreton Bay makes perfect sense. Or they could piss the storm off and go with Sunshine Coast Dolphins 😂
Pretty sure all the talk about it no longer being "Redcliffe" is just that they have agreed with NSWRL that they will rebrand as a different geographical location based on fans consultation.

So at this stage they are "the Dolphins", but at some point, probably next year, they will officially announce their full name, including whichever geographical location the NSWRL allows them to associate themselves with.

At the same time you would expect they will present their inaugural jerseys, major sponsor, logo, etc. so could be several months away.

By naming themselves as just the Dolphins, it removes any association to Redcliffe that may build up before they officially announce themselves and instead they are just "the Dolphins bid"
**** the NRL. Let's just call them "Redcliffe."

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • NSW stables
  • Griffo
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Thelmus
  • Alec
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • armchair
  • Sproj
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.