The Dolphins discussion

they make the most sense if you must add a second Brisbane team.

I do strongly believe the NRL should change their name though, because there is absolutely nothing "national" about this comp.

they should stop pretending and go back to the NSWRL

or if they really want to keep up pretenses, then they should call themselves the ECARL
Another brisbane team is a must both for the NRL and the Broncos.

The bigger question is where the 18th team should go?
Melbourne 2
NZ 2
Perth
West Brisbane / Brisbane 3

Given a standard family's choice of "one streaming service" - Netflix, Disney or Kayo - I guarantee you Kayo isn't winning.

This is a bad outcome and I don't believe we will be seeing 35k at Suncorp regularly for a while whilst we take a popularity beating. Let's be honest - some kids start their league journey by whoever is winning and are on TV.

Given a standard family's choice of "one streaming service" - Netflix, Disney or Kayo - I guarantee you Kayo isn't winning.

This is a bad outcome and I don't believe we will be seeing 35k at Suncorp regularly for a while whilst we take a popularity beating. Let's be honest - some kids start their league journey by whoever is winning and are on TV.
given the cost of foxtel a streaming service + kayo is pretty reasonable

I'd find Kayo a lot more appetising if they had tiers. The only sports I watch are NRL, NFL (of which it has limited coverage) and I'd watch some EPL if I could (which they don't have, I believe?), so $25 a month to watch a handful of non-FTA Broncs games during winter and a handful of NFL games during the summer is not appealing. If they had a more limited offering at $10-$15 a month I'd consider it, even if it was strictly NRL and nothing else.

I'd find Kayo a lot more appetising if they had tiers. The only sports I watch are NRL, NFL (of which it has limited coverage) and I'd watch some EPL if I could (which they don't have, I believe?), so $25 a month to watch a handful of non-FTA Broncs games during winter and a handful of NFL games during the summer is not appealing. If they had a more limited offering at $10-$15 a month I'd consider it, even if it was strictly NRL and nothing else.

They have some EPL I think, at least replays anyway. They do have a lot of European leagues anyway.

They do offer a lot of obscure sports like hot dog eating, etc.

A $50 chromecast will also suffice, all you need is a spare HDMI port and Wifi. I have a smart TV and still use mine regularly as not all of the streaming services have an app I can install on the TV.
Spot on, a Chromecast will do the trick, also you can just plug a PC into your TV

They have some EPL I think, at least replays anyway. They do have a lot of European leagues anyway.

They do offer a lot of obscure sports like hot dog eating, etc.
They have a lot of interesting shows as well

And being able to watch every NRL game plus any other sport you might be interested in (for me that's MotoGP and WSBK) is an absolute steal for $25.
I used to pay I think $65 for Foxtel just to watch the sport, now I get Kayo, Netflix, Stan and Amazon for the same outlay

And being able to watch every NRL game plus any other sport you might be interested in (for me that's MotoGP and WSBK) is an absolute steal for $25.
I used to pay I think $65 for Foxtel just to watch the sport, now I get Kayo, Netflix, Stan and Amazon for the same outlay

Yep it is a really good deal. All the NRL (pre-Vlandys was great to watch all games), the AFL, F1, A number of NBA games, all the IPL games, a lot of international cricket and international leagues, Aussie cricket, cycling world champs, Q Cup, hot dog eating comps, super league, Indycars, Superbikes, Moto GP, Formula 2 and 3, lots of soccer leagues from around the world, WNBA, NBL, WNBL and a lot more. For $25 a month, I'm happy to pay that.

Nothing compares to the GCN app for value though if you are a cycling fan, that is the best app in history.

Yep it is a really good deal. All the NRL (pre-Vlandys was great to watch all games), the AFL, F1, A number of NBA games, all the IPL games, a lot of international cricket and international leagues, Aussie cricket, cycling world champs, Q Cup, hot dog eating comps, super league, Indycars, Superbikes, Moto GP, Formula 2 and 3, lots of soccer leagues from around the world, WNBA, NBL, WNBL and a lot more. For $25 a month, I'm happy to pay that.

Nothing compares to the GCN app for value though if you are a cycling fan, that is the best app in history.

When do you sleep?

Do they have PGA golf on Kayo ?
It's on fox sports so I'm assuming they do, but could come down to who has the streaming rights in Australia??

Fox also has the Euro PGA and just had Ryder Cup.

Fox Sports basically has everything except EPL (Optus) and Union (Stan)... and because of that it's all packaged up on Kayo.

Binge is the same thing but all their HBO / Drama shows... unless the streaming rights are elsewhere (ie. Shameless on Netflix)

And so the free media gets whittled away even further.

This is a Fox takeover.

And you blokes are doing all the advertising for Kayo, they don't even have to spend a cent on marketing.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • simplythebest
  • BroncoFan94
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Brotherdu
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bert_lifts
  • Midean
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.