The Dolphins discussion

If they are going to seriously table 1.4 million per season for Kayln Ponga, that is Titans recruiting right there

He would have to have Tommy T. performances every week to justify that, ridiculous if true

I don't mind Redcliffe throwing the kitchen sink at Ponga they need a huge fish and that would set them up for years to come, it marks them as a destination club and everyone in the media quickly forgets about salary, so they can keep on signing more big names.

The fans certainly won't forget about his salary, especially if he isn't single handedly winning them games. Because at that price, that is the expectation.

But this isn’t a normal situation. They need to make a statement and while I absolutely agree Ponga isn’t worth it to other clubs, he is to the Dolphins. It will attract other players there, even ones who are thinking about it but worried if the club will take a few years to get up to speed. He becomes the face of the club and he is a likeable guy, so he will be a promoter’s dream.

While I don't think any player is worth $1.4 million, Ponga would have to be right up there as far as current elite players go.

Based purely on players available for 23, I reckon the Dolphins could do a lot worse than this:

1. Ponga
2. Isaako
3. Opacic
4. Hoeter
5. Radradra
6. Milford
7. Lam
8. Welch (c)
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Kikau
12. Sims
13. Tino

14. Nikorima
15. James
16. Horsburgh
17. Howarth

Based purely on players available for 23, I reckon the Dolphins could do a lot worse than this:

1. Ponga
2. Isaako
3. Opacic
4. Hoeter
5. Radradra
6. Milford
7. Lam
8. Welch (c)
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Kikau
12. Sims
13. Tino

14. Nikorima
15. James
16. Horsburgh
17. Howarth

It’s a good team but the halves are rough as. I wonder if Bennett will have a second crack at the Jack Bird experiment

1. Ponga
2. Isaako
3. Opacic
4. Hoeter
5. Radradra
6. Milford
7. Lam
8. Welch (c)
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Kikau
12. Sims
13. Tino

14. Nikorima
15. James
16. Horsburgh
17. Howarth

I think we may see Jack Bird and Herman Ese'ese there as well. I think they will also target some solid performers like Tom Eisenhuth, as well as bringing back Grant to the Phins.

It’s a good team but the halves are rough as. I wonder if Bennett will have a second crack at the Jack Bird experiment

Yeah I know right! I looked at all the players off contract and there are no decent 7s at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with someone from Q Cup.

I think we may see Jack Bird and Herman Ese'ese there as well. I think they will also target some solid performers like Tom Eisenhuth, as well as bringing back Grant to the Phins.

I think you are right but you could certainly swap Hoeter for Bird and Ese'ese/Eisenhuth/Grant for anyone on the bench.

I think you are right but you could certainly swap Hoeter for Bird and Ese'ese/Eisenhuth/Grant for anyone on the bench.
I also think Oatesy is a decent chance of being on the wing. Could see Isaako being signed as depth.

Dark horse signing for me will be somebody like Widdop or even Johnny Lomax on a 12 month deal to let them target a younger option for 2024 in the halves.

Got bored, not sure what I am going for here but want a teal dolphins team instead of red. Tried to keep the gold but not sure it fits. Also running with Moreton Bay Dolphins (East Coast would be preferable) because it makes sense. Tried to keep the Redcliffe logo's border but my Paint skills aren't great.

Moreton Bay Dolphins

According to Badel, the Dolphins have struck another blow against us by poaching Ben Te'o.

Te'o will coach their colts side next year with a view to joining Bennett in 2023

Badel also says that Te'o has one of the most impressive portfolios in Australian sport

Active Now

• Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • broncoscope
  • Jedhead
  • Clintos
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.