Redcliffe Dolphins discussion

Xzei

NRL Player
Mar 13, 2017
Threads
i wasnt really expecting any big money signings outside the 1 6 7 and 9 always thought he would go for some value older players in the other positions

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
i wasnt really expecting any big money signings outside the 1 6 7 and 9 always thought he would go for some value older players in the other positions
Who is available in any of those positions worth big money? Unless the first season is a total write off.

Xzei

NRL Player
Mar 13, 2017
Threads
Who is available in any of those positions worth big money? Unless the first season is a total write off.
remember this is the nrl if you agitate enough for a release every one is available if the price is right,contract isnt worth the paper it is printed on.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads

Kayln Ponga ... if the reporting is correct, the Knights have allowed him release clauses for damn near any conceivable scenario

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
there is some actual signing news for the Dolphins from Foxsports:

Rugby Union "gun" Valynce Te Whare has signed an NRL contract

Michael Roberts (1910 mentioned this one) and Harrison Graham have inked development contracts.

no idea who the Union player is (although I'd struggle to name too many current union players) ... as for Harrison Graham, i'd be cutting him loose immediately if possible. no point developing him for the Dolphins

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Apr 4, 2014
Threads
Kayln Ponga ... if the reporting is correct, the Knights have allowed him release clauses for damn near any conceivable scenario
Pongas release clause can only be activated at the end of next year. Its a dangerous game to be banking on that happening

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Pongas release clause can only be activated at the end of next year. Its a dangerous game to be banking on that happening

haven't you seen the recent reporting.

he has to advise the Knights by mid year if he want's top take up his option.

but even if he does he can the change his mind at the end of the year if the Knights win the GF or miss the GF has about a month to activate the release clauses

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
there is some actual signing news for the Dolphins from Foxsports:

Rugby Union "gun" Valynce Te Whare has signed an NRL contract

Michael Roberts (1910 mentioned this one) and Harrison Graham have inked development contracts.

no idea who the Union player is (although I'd struggle to name too many current union players) ... as for Harrison Graham, i'd be cutting him loose immediately if possible. no point developing him for the Dolphins
I’d give Harrison the pre-season. If he earns a top 30 spot it would surely void the Dolphins contract.

Caniffe

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Threads
notice how there has been no "reporting" of the price of this re-signing by the Eels ... if it was us they would have at least made up a figure, right down to the cents (and likely over inflated his contract for the click bait)
Nobody cares about the Eels unless they're in crisis. So whatever salary they gave him nobody reading Eels' news would remotely be bothered reading.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Weird that a kid (Graham) would sign 12 months in advance just to be on a development deal. Selling himself a bit short there.

Maybe he’s Buster Bluth, he’s always studying but never finishes. So maybe he has been offered a full time contract but wants to be a full-time development project instead.

Caniffe

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Threads
“The salary cap is pretty ruthless so if you make a bad decision in your salary cap it costs you a lot of money and really impacts on your whole roster,” Bennett told NRL.com.

“We are prepared to wait for players if we have to, to get the right player in the club. No one is looking for a quick fix here, no one is looking to win a premiership in year one.

LOL @ Premiership comment

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
TBH...in today's immediate gratification world......

its fair enough to say.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Might be reading a bit too much into old Waynes comments, but he's pretty much saying what i've been thinking they will do. Just get a solid, competitive side for 2023 ( even if they lose a fair few games ) and push for some better targets when the market is a bit better in 2024. I dont think a 2023 without many wins will hurt them as long as they arent getting tanked every week.

Just on a side note, I've got a sneaking feeling we will see Jai Arrow there in 2024.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
I'm quite sure when the Brisbane Broncos first kicked off...Wayne felt no different to how he's now about to kick off the Redcliffe Dolphins.

A successful season will see that more games are won than lost....that combinations are staring to gel.
The hopefuls, are rising and falling.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
I'm quite sure when the Brisbane Broncos first kicked off...Wayne felt no different to how he's now about to kick off the Redcliffe Dolphins.

A successful season will see that more games are won than lost....that combinations are staring to gel.
The hopefuls, are rising and falling.

I think we had a much better group of talent to call on than the Phins. Matterson, Johns, Lewis, Miles, Alf was a great base to work from.

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Sep 8, 2009
Threads
I think we had a much better group of talent to call on than the Phins. Matterson, Johns, Lewis, Miles, Alf was a great base to work from.
I remember this era well. The big question was always whether they could do it week in, week out for a whole season. Turns out they couldn’t.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.