The Dolphins discussion

Wasn't there something sus about Prince getting a house built by developers that sponsored the titans?

That might've been where the NRL helped...

Wasn't there something sus about Prince getting a house built by developers that sponsored the titans?

That might've been where the NRL helped...

Sounds like a Cowboys thing.

Clubs get knocked back all the time, every time a player signs or re-signs, several clubs miss out. All these reports are reporters who have articles that need to go out. As soon as a player beats his missus or gets arrested, they will stop for a week or 2.
How many clubs would SST knock back for 600,000 a season, choosing a super league club instead lol...

"ThEy DoNT NeeD tO OfFeR mORe MonEY"

Probably 16 other clubs not called the Roosters.
Hahahahahaha... 600,000 a year for him, you're not seriously believing that he wouldn't sign elsewhere? Seriously? Coates "couldnt imagine himself playing anywhere else", 90% of players say that when they are looking for a new deal lol. And a change of scenery? Last I checked, Redcliffe was a few streets away from Bondi, and every club has "different scenery" and 15*

they gave the Titans a hell of a lot longer to get ready than they're giving the Dolphins.

The Titans were granted entry to the comp in 2004 and played their first match in 2007
And went broke and had to be bailed out by the NRL in 2014.

I can see SST wanting a new challenge tbh. He's pretty much done everything in the NRL so a new challenge is probably a fair call for him. He's got old team mates there, and i am pretty sure he did make a comment about not wanting to play against the Roosters. He'd be getting a pretty good contract in Perpignan.

I can see SST wanting a new challenge tbh. He's pretty much done everything in the NRL so a new challenge is probably a fair call for him. He's got old team mates there, and i am pretty sure he did make a comment about not wanting to play against the Roosters. He'd be getting a pretty good contract in Perpignan.
Getting paid a few hundred k to live in Europe for 2 years is a pretty sweet deal that I think a lot of people over look about the super league. At least if you end up some where decent.

Hahahahahaha... 600,000 a year for him, you're not seriously believing that he wouldn't sign elsewhere? Seriously? Coates "couldnt imagine himself playing anywhere else", 90% of players say that when they are looking for a new deal lol. And a change of scenery? Last I checked, Redcliffe was a few streets away from Bondi, and every club has "different scenery" and 15*

Well we’ve found the only loyal player left in the game. Not easy to believe it’s true though
You guys think he is going to England on a low contract? And seriously don't think uncle nick is looking after him and the family? Think it through. Same reason Manu is saying at the club on unders.

Are we seeing an.. 'Emperor has no clothes" moment with Wayne?

His reputation of being able to build a club may have been built on others work perhaps? Original Broncs built on Porky and the team..

Looks like the main people having a field day on the new Phins unused salary cap are the player managers who are leaving the phins abandoned at the altar...

Early days for sure... but not looking great at the moment.

There's no doubt this is his biggest test, every club he walked into at least had a set of experienced players and he usually had one or two from his previous club come along with him. He's not getting that here, we hear about Redcliffe's money and strong developmental systems.. that's all well and good but they need ready to go first graders, not blokes who will come good 2 years from now.

As it stands, every "big name" they've looked at hasn't quite eventuated. I don't count Kaufusi as a big name, I don't think he's half the player at any other club.

My honest opinion is Wayne could probably get a bunch of fringe first graders into the 8, that's not the concern Redcliffe fans would have, it will be what happens if we don't hit the ground running and then Wayne retires? The same thing St George, Brisbane, Newcastle, Souths' fans all wondered. What happens if he doesn't deliver us a premiership and then he leaves? The next bloke has a nearly impossible task and historically speaking, they've all failed. In fact, some of those clubs I just mentioned haven't been even remotely close to being a top 4 side since, nearly all of them actually.

They will probably take Isaako Oates and Turpin from us and maybe some youngsters. I can't see what half-back or hooker they will get other than Turpin.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.