The Dolphins discussion

Oh I don't think it's a bad signing, depending what they pay for him. I think 550k is too much for a 34yr old prop, especially the way the game is going and getting faster and faster. I think he is already showing slight signs of decline, and could get worse this year. But again, at the right price, he is a good person to have around the squad.

I think he's a culture signing as much as anything. They will get a good couple of years out of him even if he plays reduced minutes, but its probably that winning mentality and the doing the one percenters attitude that they will get a lot out of.

Birds Vulture GIF by BBC America

Lock up yo players

He's 32 already. Dolphins are going to have a team of 35 year olds come 2024.

He's 32 already. Dolphins are going to have a team of 35 year olds come 2024.

Depends on how many they get really. The ones they have signed are all good signings but in the forwards you wouldnt want too many more of that age.

Is Trad with the Dolphins? Or is he just doing media for NRL.com now?

I think he's an excellent signing for them tbh.

See , told you all there would be movement 😆 I'd be expecting 6 or 7 more coming soon.

It’s not like players approaching end of preseason getting told by coach they’ll be on interchange or not in the team in 22/23 might be getting itchy feet or anything…

Be mad if someone updates the original post with confirmed team list as they are announced.

So far they’ve signed som really great attitude players - and Isaako.

2. Isaako
8. J Bromwich
10. Nicholls
12. Kafusi
13. Stone

Be mad if someone updates the original post with confirmed team list as they are announced.

2. Isaako
8. J Bromwich
10. Nicholls
12. Kafusi
13. Stone

Done. As long as you write the team lists as signings are confirmed, I'll edit it to the original.

2. Isaako
8. J Bromwich
10. Nicholls
12. Kafusi
13. Stone

foundation of a solid forward pack there, if they can get some players in their early 20s to mix amongst the old heads.

foundation of a solid forward pack there, if they can get some players in their early 20s to mix amongst the old heads.
In addition to a couple promising youngsters, If I were the dolphins I would be looking to get a couple mid 20 reserve players that have been on the cusp of first grade (I.e players like jordan grant, lachlan timm etc) who can take that extra step under senior players and then play the senior player role when bromwich and Nichols retire.

Pulu and the other second rower from norths devils would be good pick ups.

In addition to a couple promising youngsters, If I were the dolphins I would be looking to get a couple mid 20 reserve players that have been on the cusp of first grade (I.e players like jordan grant, lachlan timm etc) who can take that extra step under senior players and then play the senior player role when bromwich and Nichols retire.

Pulu and the other second rower from norths devils would be good pick ups.

I think they will take both Grants from the Storm. Agree about the mid 20 reserve players. Somebody like Brendan Frei from Norths for example.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Lozza
  • Scorchie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manifesto
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.