The Dolphins discussion

Thanks Mr Fourex.......you're a champion. 🍻

I'm actually very interested to see how he goes. He's served a long but very productive apprenticeship, pretty much achieved everything he can outside of being an NRL head coach. If he isnt ready for it now at a club like Souths he never will be.
Demetriou is one failed season away from going to the dolphins in 23.

Demetriou is one failed season away from going to the dolphins in 23.
Quite possibly. Still very interested though to see how he translates to being a head coach after all his previous successes.

GWe have another Bromwich at the Phins. Bellamy apparently not impressed :rofl
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Good stuff. Both great signings in the bigger scheme of things. Bennett is laying the foundations with experience and work ethic. It might take them a few years to be finals material but the young blokes coming through will have these older wiser heads to show them the way. This is exactly what we've been lacking.

Anything better than wooden spoon should be seen as success in their first year. Bear that in mind when you're worrying about them stealing our players. They won't be jumping ship to a stronger club. Not initially.

Good stuff. Both great signings in the bigger scheme of things. Bennett is laying the foundations with experience and work ethic. It might take them a few years to be finals material but the young blokes coming through will have these older wiser heads to show them the way. This is exactly what we've been lacking.

Anything better than wooden spoon should be seen as success in their first year. Bear that in mind when you're worrying about them stealing our players. They won't be jumping ship to a stronger club. Not initially.
I feel like that places the expectation bar somewhat lower than it should be :)

The dad's army approach mixed with a really youthful talent pipeline might be one approach, yet we aren't seeing the young players getting signed... Most likely the recruiting proposition for the Phins is just very difficult and it's not being sold very well, some combination of those two I would guess.

Another over 30yr+ old signed if true!?
I think all their older recruits are pretty good signings tbh. It's still early days. A squad full will be pretty bad, but currently I think they will add a lot of quality.

Dolphins are just recruiting the best they can from what's available. The club sell themselves well imo. Just not a great deal of talent in their prime available.

The dad's army approach mixed with a really youthful talent pipeline might be one approach, yet we aren't seeing the young players getting signed... Most likely the recruiting proposition for the Phins is just very difficult and it's not being sold very well, some combination of those two I would guess.
Realistically, these guys that they are signing have probably 2 years of productive footy left in them. Having young guys to learn from them is fine, but you also need that core of 23-26 year old players with 50-100 games to be the experience and leadership to step up when that older generation go in a few years. We haven't seen that sort of signing yet other than Ray Stone.

Maybe. I'm worried he might poach Turpin. Can you imagine a spine with Milford, Turpin and Isaako? Getting the gang back together. Look out below.

Destroy Melbourne, kill it if you must.
You can't .. nobody can .. Bellamy will just kidnap three more blokes from the West Wyalong 3rds, spray them in his magic saliva, sprinkle them in storm fairy dust and turn them into the next Beetson, Coote and Slater

Not going to be alot left in the way of senior forwards at melboune to push the standard

I don't see what other clubs can get cranky about really. They are signing players either off contract ( which is how every club signs players ) or they have talent players that other clubs have been willing to release.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.