The Dolphins discussion

They should be called the D Bay Dolphins. Why?

- it's right next door
- much of their fan base will hail from there
- it's just across the Bay from Bribie, another RL stronghold
- it has a nice ring to it.
-it is one of the most desired suburbs in all of SE Qld.

It's a no brainer if you ask me.
D bay desirable? 😲 When did that happen? Mind you it's possible but many years ago I drove a bingo pickup bus on Friday nights for Hornibrooks and the run ran through Deception Bay. It was widely considered Inala by the Sea.

Must check out the real estate market as I'm sure it must have changed.

Huge stretch. It's in Moreton Bay, call them the Moreton Bay Dolphins, or the East Coast Dolphins.

Probably end up being the Brisbane Firephins.
Should be Moreton Bay but doesn't really have a nice ring to it I think.
You could call them sunshine coast dolphins as its nearly quicker to get from redcliffe to Sunshine Coast than redcliffe to Brisbane city

D bay desirable? 😲 When did that happen? Mind you it's possible but many years ago I drove a bingo pickup bus on Friday nights for Hornibrooks and the run ran through Deception Bay. It was widely considered Inala by the Sea.

Still Inala by the sea mate
Front teeth are still optional

North Brisbane Dolphins is the way to go imo. They need to extend their backyard beyond just Redcliffe to remain sustainable and it satisfies the mouth breathers who demand that "Brisbane" be somewhere in the title.

Pretty sure the post you replied to, was being sarcastic as **** mate.

Depression Bay is/was and always will be....a complete shit hole.

The Panthers CEO reckons he's not worried about the new team cannibalising the Panthers ... but says that the 3 QLD teams should be worried

Big No to North Brisbane, and Redcliffe options.

Has to be something that entices more people to get behind it. like Brisbane, East Coast, South Queensland.

I'm leaning towards South Queensland, so that we can bugger off any more talk about more teams in QLD. The name itself lends itself to good rivalry with North Queensland, and Brisbane.

Big No to North Brisbane, and Redcliffe options.

Has to be something that entices more people to get behind it. like Brisbane, East Coast, South Queensland.

I'm leaning towards South Queensland, so that we can bugger off any more talk about more teams in QLD. The name itself lends itself to good rivalry with North Queensland, and Brisbane.
NSWRL will still want a plastic team in the western corridor, because they've been talking about it forever... so the Jets would've been preferred this time around except they have no money compared to the other bids.

Once they get them in that will be it for Brisbane... or at least it should be.

Anyone who thinks a second Brisbane team won’t negatively impact us is being naive. Especially if it’s coached by Wayne, and especially given the current state of our club.

firstly, my post was in reference to the Panthers C EO trying to make believe that the new team would be more likely to decimate the QLD teams (remembering that the Titans and Cowboys have struggled for years, and we've struggled the last 2 years) ... rather than the current premiers.

secondly, anyone who believes the new Brisbane team will significantly negatively impact us, is being unnecessarily alarmist ... or maybe being negative for the sake of being negative (probably just a habit from the last 2 years). we're making the right moves both on and off the field, to take us back where we belong.

firstly, my post was in reference to the Panthers C EO trying to make believe that the new team would be more likely to decimate the QLD teams (remembering that the Titans and Cowboys have struggled for years, and we've struggled the last 2 years) ... rather than the current premiers.

secondly, anyone who believes the new Brisbane team will significantly negatively impact us, is being unnecessarily alarmist ... or maybe being negative for the sake of being negative (probably just a habit from the last 2 years). we're making the right moves both on and off the field, to take us back where we belong.
Sorry mate, I didn’t mean that to sound aimed at you. I was speaking generally.

I don’t think it’s a sky is falling situation but there will definitely be some impact, even if it’s simply giving players who want to be in QLD or Brisbane another option.

The Phins are going to make an impact, there is no doubt about it in my mind. They have a fantastic coach coming in. Its night and day between somebody like Cartwright when the Titans started and getting Wayne Bennett. They also arent a club that has no history. They have over 70 years behind them as an organisation. They have junior pathways already in place, they have the finances and infrastructure. They arent just some manufactured outfit to get an NRL license, they are the real deal and they will have an impact on what we do here at the Broncos. On top of that, they are going to eat into the Storms recruitment as well which will be a good thing.

Just on expansion, the NRL have for once done us a massive favour by starting the new team for the 2023 season.

of the players off contract there are only 2 that i would consider essential keeps (Patty and Herbie). if they had delayed it by a year (as there was talk they would do) we'd have the likes of Cobbo, Hethrington, Willison, Flegler and Paix all off contract

The Storm and the Eels are at the biggest risk, with the most players off contract

The cowboys are at the biggest risk from the QLD teams

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Ondi
  • RolledOates
  • Kev_Guz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brotherdu
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.