The Dolphins discussion

All hail the hypnotoad
hail GIF

And so the free media gets whittled away even further.

This is a Fox takeover.

And you blokes are doing all the advertising for Kayo, they don't even have to spend a cent on marketing.
I remember when nhl.com started live streaming it was great it cost me $150 the whole season for any game I wanted. Then comes season two and they triple it, I was like **** can I just scale to only Canucks games? As I don’t watch anyone else play (who the **** has time for that) nope. So now I just don’t watch. I can’t see myself paying too much for 4 games a month. It’s a concern for me as I only watch hockey, nrl and epl which they only have nrl currently. The prices also won’t stay where they are, once they get numbers up and free to air down.

I for one welcome our new Kayo overlords
I am in the complete opposite camp. NRL.com was another dependable news source and the fact they replayed the whole game the next day without ads was a huge bonus. This promise to give up independent reporting was another stipulation made by Fox no doubt as part of their $75mil payoff.

The bottom line is - we, the fans get less news, less choice, less access to free viewing which will ultimately lead to Fox getting more of the fans' hard earned dollars.

Effectively Fox has corralled the NRL fan into a corner. Not through great service and a fantastic product; instead by using stealth and buying off a weak-minded NRL board.

The only winners in this whole shitshow are the Murdochs.

And V'landy and co. throw another shovelful of dirt on the great game's coffin.

I am in the complete opposite camp. NRL.com was another dependable news source and the fact they replayed the whole game the next day without ads was a huge bonus. This promise to give up independent reporting was another stipulation made by Fox no doubt as part of their $75mil payoff.

The bottom line is - we, the fans get less news, less choice, less access to free viewing which will ultimately lead to Fox getting more of the fans' hard earned dollars.

Effectively Fox has corralled the NRL fan into a corner. Not through great service and a fantastic product; instead by using stealth and buying off a weak-minded NRL board.

Now you mention it, I did prefer the NRL app to stream games for a few bucks a month. I don’t really watch any other sports on Kayo

Only Vlandys would renegotiate a worse TV deal then slowly cede control of the NRL digital media. Complete fucking moron.

The NRL should be pushing their own media hard, and angling towards having their own coverage and subscription service to slowly wrangle out of the newscorp hold but alas, Vlandys is just a newscorp plant so things will just get worse and worse for the NRL the longer he's in the role.

Trying to chuck a team together based on players off contract at the end of 22.

Coach: Wayne Bennett

1. Manu
2. Oates
3. Tabaui-Fidow
4. Sami
5. Isaako
6. Munster
7. ??
8. Welch
9. Turpin
10. Wallace
11. Kikau
12. Tuilangi
13. Tino

14. Milford
15. James
16. Ese ese
17. Palasia

I remember when nhl.com started live streaming it was great it cost me $150 the whole season for any game I wanted. Then comes season two and they triple it, I was like **** can I just scale to only Canucks games? As I don’t watch anyone else play (who the **** has time for that) nope. So now I just don’t watch. I can’t see myself paying too much for 4 games a month. It’s a concern for me as I only watch hockey, nrl and epl which they only have nrl currently. The prices also won’t stay where they are, once they get numbers up and free to air down.
Of course they won't stay reasonable. It's standard business practice. I can't believe how many people are ok with this whole situation. It will see a huge rise in piracy, then when it starts affecting players and clubs we will essentially end up with the American system. It's gross. You can't even watch highlights without paying for it.

I am, of course, with you against Kayo and Fox. This will have huge repercussions and it all comes with PVL being a money hungry POS. This game was made for the working class by the working class and it will now be used to milk the working class dry. Any fan who isn't filled with rage at this prospect needs to sit down and think about it a bit more and wonder if they actually can afford to be so complacent.

I am, of course, with you against Kayo and Fox. This will have huge repercussions and it all comes with PVL being a money hungry POS. This game was made for the working class by the working class and it will now be used to milk the working class dry. Any fan who isn't filled with rage at this prospect needs to sit down and think about it a bit more and wonder if they actually can afford to be so complacent.

I don't think it is that fans are happy with it, it is more that fans know nothing will change and will only get worse under this idiot and there is nothing they can do about it.

I don't think it is that fans are happy with it, it is more that fans know nothing will change and will only get worse under this idiot and there is nothing they can do about it.
There has to be something we can do about it. For example, don't buy the product. That is the only thing Capitalists understand. Furthermore, talking about it and making waves, especially with the club, is another huge move that we as fans can do.

Stop watching, people don’t have the will power though. If say even 30% got together and didn’t watch, the pricks would start to listen. I made comparisons with nhl in my previous posts and I’m sure people are aware that just one team generally plays 4 games a WEEK! 82 games in the regular season for one team! We get 4 games a month….lol the price is way too high for kayo. I could get behind this if these companies provided highly customisable memberships. Nrl app was great and PVL through it out because he’s a corrupt POS.

Trying to chuck a team together based on players off contract at the end of 22.

Coach: Wayne Bennett

1. Manu
2. Oates
3. Tabaui-Fidow
4. Sami
5. Isaako
6. Munster
7. ??
8. Welch
9. Turpin
10. Wallace
11. Kikau
12. Tuilangi
13. Tino

14. Milford
15. James
16. Ese ese
17. Palasia
That team would easily make the top eight.

We get 4 games a month….lol the price is way too high for kayo. I could get behind this if these companies provided highly customisable memberships. Nrl app was great and PVL through it out because he’s a corrupt POS.
Wow, I didn't know nrl stand-alone streaming was scrapped. Typical NRL shooting itself in the foot.

If all you want to do is watch NRL and nothing else than yeah, 25 is too much.

I buy it as a Xmas present for myself and my old man for the year since two TVs can be streaming at once. Brings the price down in a way.

Is it any cheaper to buy a year-long subscription?

Stop watching, people don’t have the will power though. If say even 30% got together and didn’t watch, the pricks would start to listen. I made comparisons with nhl in my previous posts and I’m sure people are aware that just one team generally plays 4 games a WEEK! 82 games in the regular season for one team! We get 4 games a month….lol the price is way too high for kayo. I could get behind this if these companies provided highly customisable memberships. Nrl app was great and PVL through it out because he’s a corrupt POS.

I’ve only watched the GF outside Broncos game for months. I still have Kayo though because there are bucket load of other sports I like.

There has to be something we can do about it. For example, don't buy the product. That is the only thing Capitalists understand. Furthermore, talking about it and making waves, especially with the club, is another huge move that we as fans can do.
You are asking fans to not spend $25 a month to watch their favourite sport? The price of a large coffee a week to not be able to watch their team play + the magazine/nrl themed shows available, let alone any other sport on display they may be interested in.

I don't have Kayo as i watch through Foxtel but the $25 a month is decent value. Sure your prediction that the price might go up over time is probably true, just like electricity, food, Netflix, and salaries.

Like any other business News will find the price that the average fan is still willing to pay. They aren't stupid enough to price it out of the reach of their userbase.

If you just love NRL you really only need Kayo from Feb to September, 8 months or $200 of your hard earned. If this is the worse $200 you spend each year i think you will be ok.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.