The Dolphins discussion

Reece Walsh, Hymel Hunt, Corey Norman, Josh Hoffman ( stretching it a bit there ! ) Cory Horsburgh was at Redcliffe but didnt play first grade. Jamil Hopoate if he isnt in jail. Cant really think of anyone else playing NRL. Could have had Benji as well but he retired! Oh, just remembered, Jordan Grant.
Bit short on forwards. I forgot about Walsh though, good call.

In a very reductive sense, yes. But what I'm really asking is that fans be mindful of the path this decision is taking us down. Sure, it's a coffee a week at the moment for all that content, but it WAS just earlier this year free. I think it's already apparent the effect the new Fox NRL Media influence has had on the game, e.g., contract negotiations, public perception, rule changes, fan engagement, etc. and now they are asking that you pay for that, on top of what you already paid as a fan. The better option is to be involved directly with the club, not some middle-man distributor/huckster. Go to the game live. Watch the game at a local business (e.g. Pub/League's Club).

Sure, you can say that it's X-price now and that is cheap, but once it is the only market in town the prices will rise.

I'm only asking that we are not so shortsighted in this issue and pass it off as nothing. Because it is a strong move towards monopoly.
Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

To me though, who likes to watch every game live if possible, I have fox sports (whether that be Foxtel or Kayo) and that has been the same for over a decade and will be the same next year.

It’s a noble gesture to say go to the game live (a family of 4 to one game is close to the $200 you need for a year of Kayo) or go to the pub/club which is not practical if you have young kids as well as paying for at least a months Kayo in drinks every game you do this for.

I guess working for corporates similar to News takes the bad evil bogeyman persona away from them for me.

Off season filler but here is a hypothetical Redcliff Dolphins NRL team if they were allowed to immediately sign any current player that has played for them:

1. Reece Walsh
2. Jonus Peaeson
3. Katoni Staggs
4. Tom Opacic
5. Dane Gagai
6. Tyson Gamble
7. DCE
9. Jake Turpin
10. Matt Lodge
11. Jamil Hopoate
13. Toby Rudolph

@1910 and @Wolfie might need to help me finish the list

Josh Kerr.

Bit short on forwards. I forgot about Walsh though, good call.

Yep, they are a bit in terms of NRL players. Probably need to play Kotoni or Tommy in the back row. That would give us

1 Walsh
2 Hunt
3 Opacic
4 Gagai
5 Pearson
6 Gamble
7 DCE
8 Grant
9 Turpin
10 Lodge
11 Rudolf
12 Staggs
13 Hopoate

14 Norman
15 Hoffman

Josh Kerr.

I know he was a junior, but i cant recall him playing in first grade. Might have to draft him and Horsburgh into the team though, i've had to resort to Hoffman and Norman on the bench!

Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

To me though, who likes to watch every game live if possible, I have fox sports (whether that be Foxtel or Kayo) and that has been the same for over a decade and will be the same next year.

It’s a noble gesture to say go to the game live (a family of 4 to one game is close to the $200 you need for a year of Kayo) or go to the pub/club which is not practical if you have young kids as well as paying for at least a months Kayo in drinks every game you do this for.

I guess working for corporates similar to News takes the bad evil bogeyman persona away from them for me.
I don't think they are a bogeyman. They are just big business maximising their profits without a care for the damage they do.

I would also add that it's also a matter of perception and time management that we think we need to watch all these sports, juggle the kids etc. If we're a bit more selective about our viewing we still would be able to go do our one match a week, meet mates, then go home and spend real quality time with the family and not switch on Netflix instead. It's all marketing to make us think we need to watch everything , every game, every show.

How many simultaneous users can you have for Kayo??

A mate has given me Optus for the premier league but you can literally have only 1 simultaneous.

EPL is lucky that it's already massive, because Optus makes it soooo fucking annoying to access nowadays. No highlights on YouTube, 1 user per account, I dont think anything is free on their app (i.e. you cant even use their app to watch a weekly highlights or anything).

It's like they do zero marketting for the product and absolutely monopolise all footage of the product.

I think if any other sport went that way it would be suicide
2-3 simultaneously, depending on which plan.

Apparently broadcasters are forcing the new team to have the word Brisbane in it eg Brisbane Dolphins. To play up the Brisbane rivalry.

Like how all Sydney teams have to be called Sydney. The Sydney Eels, Sydney Panthers, Sydney Sharks, and Sydney Dragons. So dumb.

It's interesting, the other two bids are screaming it has to have Brisbane in the title but Dolphins are saying they will put it to a vote to see- Moreton Bay Dolphins, Brisbane Dolphins or North Brisbane Dolphins.

I assume the ISC team will stay Redcliffe, and the NRL Team will be some sort of "Brisbane."

Moreton Bay is too vague.

It's interesting, the other two bids are screaming it has to have Brisbane in the title but Dolphins are saying they will put it to a vote to see- Moreton Bay Dolphins, Brisbane Dolphins or North Brisbane Dolphins.

I assume the ISC team will stay Redcliffe, and the NRL Team will be some sort of "Brisbane."

Moreton Bay is too vague.
North Brisbane isn’t too bad but two teams called Brisbane is the dumbest thing

Manchester city and Manchester United seems to work ok
I don’t think we should have to change our name if that’s what your saying.

Im fine if we sty Brisbane and they have a direction in their name. Like Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The fact they are considering “Brisbane Dolphins” is my issue

Apparently broadcasters are forcing the new team to have the word Brisbane in it eg Brisbane Dolphins. To play up the Brisbane rivalry.

Like how all Sydney teams have to be called Sydney. The Sydney Eels, Sydney Panthers, Sydney Sharks, and Sydney Dragons. So dumb.

I might be out of the loop on this, but what was the reasoning behind them not being able to be called Redcliffe Dolphins??

It’s not in Brisbane though (cbd) it’s north brisbane at a stretch.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.