The Dolphins discussion

Don't get into the same line of thinking as the NRL.

for the sport to grow in this country they need to move away from the east coast.

for Gosford to get a team anytime soon, then it needs to be a Sydney team that has relocated

Don't get into the same line of thinking as the NRL.

for the sport to grow in this country they need to move away from the east coast.

for Gosford to get a team anytime soon, then it needs to be a Sydney team that has relocated

I’m more than fine with that.

I’d put science around it, even. Take crowd numbers, member figures, Merch sales, participation in community and add in match results and more importantly, figures with and without pokies revenue.

Lowest contributor gets relocated.

I’m more than fine with that.

I’d put science around it, even. Take crowd numbers, member figures, Merch sales, participation in community and add in match results and more importantly, figures with and without pokies revenue.

Lowest contributor gets relocated.

I think the problem with this idea is that while it's sound in theory, the game has stacked the deck against a lot of teams with the broadcast deal and the 'salary cap'.

So there's teams, in Sydney anyway, that don't get a fair shot at maximising those KPIs because other teams are favoured

Wouldnt mind seeing a northern nsw team something away from the coastline lol but the chances are buckleys and none

16 is the magic number.

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Gold Coast Titans
3. North QLD Cowboys
4. NZ Warriors
5. Melbourne Storm
6. East Coast Dolphins
7. Perth Pirates
8. Canberra Raiders
9. Penrith Panthers (West)
10. Manly Sea Eagles (North)
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs (South)
12. Sydney Roosters (East)
13. Central Coast Bears
14. Newcastle Knights

And the rest of the unnecessary Sydney teams can fight over the last two spots. Dragons, Bulldogs, Tigers, Eels and the Sharks are no longer a necessity and will be asked to move to Central QLD or Adelaide in the future.

Edit: actually, could just settle at 14 and bring in those two teams eventually. The CQ Bulls and the Adelaide Churches or whatever they're famous for
You have obviously never lived in Sydney..... the South Sydney rabbitohs and the roosters are neighbours, with the roosters having a shocking following considering their sustained success and exposure compared to all the other Sydney clubs. The dragons and sharks are "south" Sydney and by getting rid of the tigers, eels and/or bulldogs all reside in NRL heartland which also happens to have a population bigger then Brisbane (half of sydney) and is growing at the quickest rate in Sydney. Penrith have a great very local following but they are the least supported of all the western Sydney teams, as they are a little bit isolated compared to the others (at least it feels that way for Sydney people,You don't bump into people from Penrith in other parts of sydney but you always bump into people from Parramatta and campbelltown). On an additional note, Parramatta is now being looked at as another city, it's a huge population and has massive growth, along with south west Sydney (campbelltown). The changes you've said would destroy the game in Sydney...

You have obviously never lived in Sydney..... the South Sydney rabbitohs and the roosters are neighbours, with the roosters having a shocking following considering their sustained success and exposure compared to all the other Sydney clubs. The dragons and sharks are "south" Sydney and by getting rid of the tigers, eels and/or bulldogs all reside in NRL heartland which also happens to have a population bigger then Brisbane (half of sydney) and is growing at the quickest rate in Sydney. Penrith have a great very local following but they are the least supported of all the western Sydney teams, as they are a little bit isolated compared to the others (at least it feels that way for Sydney people,You don't bump into people from Penrith in other parts of sydney but you always bump into people from Parramatta and campbelltown). On an additional note, Parramatta is now being looked at as another city, it's a huge population and has massive growth, along with south west Sydney (campbelltown). The changes you've said would destroy the game in Sydney...
I haven't. But in my version those teams would eat up those areas. They wouldn't be Penrith or Manly, they would be North Sydney, West Sydney, South Sydney and East Sydney. Wishful thinking that fans would get onboard too, but the competition needs a major overhaul

I haven't. But in my version those teams would eat up those areas. They wouldn't be Penrith or Manly, they would be North Sydney, West Sydney, South Sydney and East Sydney. Wishful thinking that fans would get onboard too, but the competition needs a major overhaul
I think the myth that we can't handle more teams player talent wise is complete and utter BS.
The players today are fulltime professionals, in the 80s there was 2 competitions that everyone enjoyed, both with more teams, with semi-professional players! Will the "standard" drop? Probably but to nowhere near the level of what people think, and it won't make it any less entertaining and that's what this is and should always be looked upon as. What are we so scared of?! We should be growing the game, the standard isn't going to drop to an under 6s6gsame or something.

was thinking the new england area from tamworth to armidale and across to coffs dont really see any clubs up around here of late,parra use to come up but havent heard of them doing it for a while
I live in Coffs and the place is definitely RL mad as is the inland areas. Probably don't have the population numbers to really qualify for a franchise. Cronulla vs GC played at the newly expanded stadium earlier in the year. It will happen one day though but that is a ways off.

I live in Coffs and the place is definitely RL mad as is the inland areas. Probably don't have the population numbers to really qualify for a franchise. Cronulla vs GC played at the newly expanded stadium earlier in the year. It will happen one day though but that is a ways off.
i remember as a kid we would get amco cup/panasonic cup games up here now you are lucky to see reserve grade players come out for a event for young kids wouldnt be suprised if this area isnt afl/union in the next 10 years if it isnt already.

ideally, I'd like to see

seq 2(ipswich/toowoomba), seq 3 (sunshine coast), central qld (rockhampton/mackay), fiji, png, nz 2, perth.

that would make 24 teams. play everyone once, then top 8 knockout.

I'd also try and add an NT side to Q Cup if it was financially doable. you could possibly relocate a sydney side to central coast as well, but relocations etc are tough sells to existing fans of said clubs so I'm not gonna nominate any side in particular.

would give us a good spread across Australia, eyeballs in basically every state, plus with 4 international sides, it gives the comp a good selling point as it's more than just an Australian league, it's a Pacific one.

"The NRL has a 17th team after the Dolphins beat bids from the Firehawks and Jets to become Brisbane’s second franchise."

Lets go Redcliffe Dolphins !!!

Jim Carrey Dancing GIF

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.