The Dolphins discussion

That’s the right choice. Excited to see how it goes
They will go alright. Their first game at Suncorp will be close to a sell out.
If they were playing us now they’d probably win.

The dolphins recruitment is going to be red hot. The NRL don't want another basket case coming in.

And we have to compete with them for signings now. Not a good time to be playing like shit.

2022 couldn't be more important for us.

The dolphins recruitment is going to be red hot. The NRL don't want another basket case coming in.

And we have to compete with them for signings now. Not a good time to be playing like shit.

I dont think you will see them as a real force until 2024. They will get some quality in for 2023, but i think its going to be 2024 when they make a statement.

From that perspective our priorities are Herbie and Patty for 2023 free agents... so hopefully they get locked away soon.

And even out of those two Patty is non-negotiable re-signing in my eyes... but of course the new franchise "wOnt cAnNiBaliZe tHe QlD teAms"

Redcliffe isn’t even in Brisbane. It’s a weird choice geographically, the jets would have taken more of our support imo.

That said, the nrl will let them do whatever they want in terms of signings so they might bring in the bandwagoners in Brisbane who currently ‘support’ the storm.

That’s the right choice. Excited to see how it goes

I certainly agree that the right choice was made from the 3 teams in the race (I don't agree that S.E. QLD was the right choice to place the 17th team, but that's another story)

although they could have at least pretended that they hadn't already made the decision ... I mean they could have had some beer stocked in the fridge and a smart TV with netflix hooked up ... have a few cold ones and watch some movies, before emerging several hours later with their "decision" and the appearance they were actually taking this decision seriously.

I certainly agree that the right choice was made from the 3 teams in the race (I don't agree that S.E. QLD was the right choice to place the 17th team, but that's another story)

although the could have at least pretended that they hadn't already made the decision ... I mean they could have had some beer stocked in the fridge and a smart TV with netflix hooked up ... have a few cold ones and watch some movies, before emerging several hours later with their "decision" and the appearance they were actually taking this decision seriously.
I agree it probably shouldn’t have been the next cab off the rank but of the QLD options I think it was the right call. It doesn’t feel as manufactured as the others and is a club with a decent existing fan base and a soul. You’d think with Wayne involved there will be a good junior pathway set up which will actually benefit the game in the long run unlike the way the titans and Storm have been introduced. More QLD talent is only a good thing and another QLD team will hopefully give QLD more power in the NRL.

As long as they aren’t dumb enough to make the next club another Brisbane club, it doesn’t really matter what order they enter at. I’m hopeful the next club is in New Zealand or Perth. Some actual expansion.

@Wolfie if I see any Redcliffe promotion on here.
F6DC3715 D303 4D92 8562 638CCAFA28D5

Probably the right call in terms of a team that is effectively already set up. But I really think they needed to capture the non-brisbane, rural-type fans. From Ipswich all the way out west and north. I know shitloads of fans who simply don't identify with the "glamour" of the Broncos and have defaulted to the Cowboys as their team.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • mieko
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.