The Dolphins discussion

Be nice if the NATIONAL rugby league was atcually national hey :)

Unfortunately there's no real way to support a team in every city. But while there are good, viable options outside of the cities and areas already supporting a team and junior base, they should be put there first.

It's like putting two Maccas next two each other with different owners. It ***** them both over, but HQ don't care cause they'll make money either way.

Unfortunately there's no real way to support a team in every city. But while there are good, viable options outside of the cities and areas already supporting a team and junior base, they should be put there first.

It's like putting two Maccas next two each other with different owners. It ***** them both over, but HQ don't care cause they'll make money either way.
Seems madness that png didnt rate a mention this time round

I disagree with the idea that this is to spite the Broncos. Kinda crazy talk imo. The NRL/broadcasters just want to make primo cash and looking at where the most cash is made, Brisbane is the obvious short term answer, and we all know their priority of cash, appeasing broadcasters and short-term thinking.

True but what is the benefit of just one new team? There is no extra game each round.

I think they do that pretty well already as well. although there's always room for improvement and Wayne's experience will be an asset to them.

one thing that i'm going to envy from the Dolphins is they'll, likely, have the benefit of having all their fringe players playing for the same team in the ISC, instead of spreading them out like we do.
That’s an interesting point. I thought the Broncos did this because they wanted to share the talent around a bit. Is there any likelihood that they’ll end up with one feeder team?
Bring back the Clydesdales or a feeder team based out of Logan have all our up and comers and depth players playing in the same team.

here is a possible 2023 Dolphins side from the Courier Mail (Badel & Read).

I'm not sure they could actually afford this side, without cap concessions and still field a 30 man squad for $10 million

1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Cameron Munster
7. Anthony Milford
8. Christian Welch
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Matt Lodge
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
13. Pat Carrigan

you can already scratch HTF, he has re-signed with the Cowboys until the end of 2023

I'm not sure they could actually afford this side, without cap concessions and still field a 30 man squad for $10 million

1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Cameron Munster
7. Anthony Milford
8. Christian Welch
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Matt Lodge
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
13. Pat Carrigan

you can already scratch HTF, he has re-signed with the Cowboys until the end of 2023
They'd need three sets of books to get that side on the park.

So, the NRL want a game as Suncorp every week, when was the event cap at Suncorp removed?

1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Cameron Munster
7. Anthony Milford
8. Christian Welch
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Matt Lodge
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
13. Pat Carrigan

Pigs will fly before anything resembling this happens.

Munster is a possibility I wouldn't rule it out, if Bennett is coach expect a bunch of his journeymen to follow rather then actual stars.

Pigs will fly before anything resembling this happens.

Munster is a possibility I wouldn't rule it out, if Bennett is coach expect a bunch of his journeymen to follow rather then actual stars.
Still reckon they will get 3 very good players for 2023. If they don't get a hooker, I think Grant will end up there tbh in 2024. He has links to Redcliffe through his father and uncle playing there. They will get some big players in there by the time 2024 comes around.

Welcome to the North Brisbane Moretons or whatever the hell they are called. Vlandys being Vlandys, this now has his name and hands all over it, so you can expect the Moretons to be given every advantage to succeed so he doesn't look like an idiot with the expansion.

1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Cameron Munster
7. Anthony Milford
8. Christian Welch
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Matt Lodge
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
13. Pat Carrigan

With Bennet as coach and looking at the list he has a few favourites off contract for the 2023 season:

Oates, C Walker, Ash Taylor, Anthony Milford, Tariq Sims (he loves a Sims brother), Josh McGuire, Kodi Nikorima, Jermayne Isaako, Jack Bird.

These are players (except Sims) who he has publicly defended or supported. I can’t see Walker leaving South’s though.

2. Oates
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Taylor
10. McGuire
9. Nikorima
11. Sims
13. Bird

Not heaps of spine talent available for that season. The best would be:

1. Manu
6: Walker
7. No one
9. Smith

1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Cameron Munster
7. Anthony Milford
8. Christian Welch
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Matt Lodge
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
13. Pat Carrigan

This isn't news. It's a list plucked out of Badel's arse at five minutes to close of publication that only his biggest fanboys would read. Case in point.

Here are a few more:

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
David Mead
Herbie Farnworth
Jake Turpin
Keenan Palasia
Rhys Kennedy
Ryan James

Not forgetting:

Ezra Mam
Blake Mozer
Deine Mariner
Isiah Tass

Actually very excited for this, Being born and Raised in Brisbane I'm grateful to see this actually happen. Probably to many people's dismay on this platform they will be my second team until a major event occurs. (Grand Final Loss, Steal marquee players etc.)

I have zero ill-will towards Redcliffe, they were the Bronco feeder club for a while there.

They are practically next door to us geographically, I don't see how this expands or the game or threatens our future success. We are the richest team in the comp, developing players will never be an issue.

It had to be Ipswich or somewhere out in Central QLD to be a genuine threat, I can see a lot of Bronco fans supporting both teams.

A new team for me to hate. Although, I always thought of Redcliffe as the scummiest Brisbane(ish) based QCup club.

If you think we've seen some shit with the Gold Coast undercutting us, wait until these guys move in. This is not going to be good.

This more than cements it for me that the NRL absolutely has it out for the Broncos.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.