The Dolphins discussion

A new team for me to hate. Although, I always thought of Redcliffe as the scummiest Brisbane(ish) based QCup club.

If you think we've seen some shit with the Gold Coast undercutting us, wait until these guys move in. This is not going to be good.

This more than cements it for me that the NRL absolutely has it out for the Broncos.
Mmm? is this opposed to having it 'in' for the Broncos? I must admit that one had me thinking.

They can sign Alex Glenn out of retirement

A new team for me to hate. Although, I always thought of Redcliffe as the scummiest Brisbane(ish) based QCup club.

If you think we've seen some shit with the Gold Coast undercutting us, wait until these guys move in. This is not going to be good.

This more than cements it for me that the NRL absolutely has it out for the Broncos.
The Norths Devils have always been atop the scum crop for as long as I can remember. Things may have changed the past few years but I highly doubt it.

I have zero ill-will towards Redcliffe, they were the Bronco feeder club for a while there.

They are practically next door to us geographically, I don't see how this expands or the game or threatens our future success. We are the richest team in the comp, developing players will never be an issue.

It had to be Ipswich or somewhere out in Central QLD to be a genuine threat, I can see a lot of Bronco fans supporting both teams.
I think there is a fair chance Redcliffe are the richest club in the comp now. They have more assets and a bigger turnover than Brisbane iirc. Could be wrong, but they aren't struggling for cash regardless.

I think there is a fair chance Redcliffe are the richest club in the comp now. They have more assets and a bigger turnover than Brisbane iirc. Could be wrong, but they aren't struggling for cash regardless.
Yet.

Apparently Abdo confirmed they will simply be “The Dolphins” without a geographical prefix.

Not sure how I feel about that

Annddddd another reason for the nrl to keep dumping on the broncos. They won’t want us being back to the old broncos anytime soon. 50/50 calls will continue to not go our way.

If they have to have unique colours, what's left? Nobody is using brown or mint green at the moment, could be a good combo.

Apparently Abdo confirmed they will simply be “The Dolphins” without a geographical prefix.

Not sure how I feel about that

They're the "Redcliffe Dolphins" regardless of what Mullah Abdo says. That's what everyone else will call them. Bummer for the QRL team with the same name. Unless that team will become defunct.

ScreenFBZR1O9VUAE1b3P

You're obviously a fan of Redcliffe on some level so I suspect you will choose to ignore what am I about to say but there's a very good reason the South QLD Crushers crumbled into a heap, the Titans are quickly heading in the same direction (nearly every player they've taken from us hasn't quite hit the mark for them, what else can they do?).

It's also telling that they aren't prepared to go with the Redcliffe Dolphins name, essentially suggesting that having a team named Redcliffe isn't going to be enough to get the support that they'd like to see the club get. You might be a strong fan but the NRL certainly doesn't think being associated with Redcliffe is going to be enough to hit the mark.

Huge step up going from being a top team in the QLD Cup to establishing yourself practically next door to one of the giant clubs in all of Australian sport.

Just being called the Dolphins is a bit shit. That’s just not how sport teams work for the most part. I’d claim the Teal of brisbane like the heat have if I were them.

The Titans would love that

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Skathen
  • Porthoz
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • Behold
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tim K
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.