The Dolphins discussion

The pride of kippa ring

View attachment 15551

The pride of the 4508

20211014 184855

You can't say he was a failure for them this year, he did what anyone with half a League brain expected he would do. Made some strong carries and a few tries where he knocked 2-3 blokes out of the way in the process.

Usually when they go from 1 million dollar players to taking a massive pay cut they have to be monumental failure, I can't say he has been. Nobody actually expected him to single handedly win games for his team, not even Taumalolo was doing that when Thurston was there with him.

It was a bad signing but that's no fault of Fifita's. He will get another contract around that price range. If it turns into a bidding war (which is why the Titans ultimately ended up paying that much in the first place), he could easily get a similar contract.
They played him off the bench... if Capewell, on about half of what fifita is on, gets benched next year we will be calling him a failure.
His game went massively backwards. He ran shocking lines, got the ball flatfooted, was incredibly lazy with defence and any form of 1% play and he probably didn't take a run from inside their own half all year. If you're only going to show up when your team is dominating or the opposition is tired you are of little value, honestly what's the point, you would have won anyway lol...

Nah but Played against them a fair bit and was the team I probably hated the most
@holdzy
Yep, my kid plays against them and our club is a “feeder” for them which means they come down and poach our best players to play for them. A lot of the local league members really hate them. They also take money from our club for “reasons” and we have to have a dolphin on our kit.

it will be interesting to see how and if the feelings towards them change now that they are actually an NRL team.

@holdzy
Yep, my kid plays against them and our club is a “feeder” for them which means they come down and poach our best players to play for them. A lot of the local league members really hate them. They also take money from our club for “reasons” and we have to have a dolphin on our kit.

it will be interesting to see how and if the feelings towards them change now that they are actually an NRL team.
Does your kid play for North Lakes? Because I've heard of that going on with North Lakes and I think there would be a few other clubs aswell.
I used to play for Pine Rivers we used to be affiliated with Norths Devils and Melbourne Storm now their a feeder to Redcliffe

the Courier Mail is reporting that Bennett had a clause in his Souths contract that says he can't poach their players or staff for a period of 6 months after his contract expires on November 1
November 2021, meaning he's free to openly "poach" from May 2022. Good luck with that in practice.

You can't say he was a failure for them this year, he did what anyone with half a League brain expected he would do. Made some strong carries and a few tries where he knocked 2-3 blokes out of the way in the process.

Usually when they go from 1 million dollar players to taking a massive pay cut they have to be monumental failure, I can't say he has been. Nobody actually expected him to single handedly win games for his team, not even Taumalolo was doing that when Thurston was there with him.

It was a bad signing but that's no fault of Fifita's. He will get another contract around that price range. If it turns into a bidding war (which is why the Titans ultimately ended up paying that much in the first place), he could easily get a similar contract.
"You can't say he was a failure "

Of course you can, it all depends upon how you define failure.

I'd probably say he was less of a failure, but just savagely over paid. You want a second rower to make strong carries, and score some barnstorming tries.....he did that, so in that sense he didn't fail. He did what you expect of a top quality second rower. (Although I might suggest he is a bit of a flat track bully, but that's another argument).
The problem is the amount he is being paid. You expect a million dollar plus player to win you the big games and make you a genuine premiership threat. The Titans were never that. And Fifi never looked like dragging them there single handledly, and you need your million+ player to do that. So in that sense he failed.
But the real failure here are the morons at the Titans who paid him that. I think it's highly unlikely he will get that much again because anyone who actually watches the games can see he isn't worth it (not because he is a dud but because in the salary cap balance no second rower is worth that) but when you look at teams like the Tigers, you get the feeling their recruitment staff don't watch games so I guess anything is possible.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.