The Dolphins discussion

It makes sense with Beetsons history with both clubs, but a QLD derby with the Broncos makes sense as well.
I think Reddo has always had a "thing" with the Roosters(?) I remember playing against an "Easts /Roosters" team from Sydney in U/14's (I think). They came up and stayed for the week and were billeted out.

Dolphins wanting to snub the broncos for a round 1 derby with the broncos requesting to play the roosters for a Arthur Beetson Cup, Politis is right behind it.

Thought one of the reasons to create this second Brisbane team is a make a 'Brisbane rivalry'

I think it’s a smart move tbh. Highlighting some of the Dolphins history, forming a rivalry with a Sydney club to get NSW fans involved, and the broncos rivalry will form naturally anyway.

Dolphins wanting to snub the broncos for a round 1 derby with the broncos requesting to play the roosters for a Arthur Beetson Cup, Politis is right behind it.

Thought one of the reasons to create this second Brisbane team is a make a 'Brisbane rivalry'

Shouldn’t be a problem they play their first game in Brisbane against the broncos. Roosters can have the bye that week and then open their season with a game against Redcliffe at the new Moore park stadium.
The nrl can also make sure Redcliffe play both teams twice in the season.
Everybody wins.

Not unrealistic to think 4 Eels players could end up at Reddy.
Opa would be close to a certainty... RCG though

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Opa would be close to a certainty... RCG though

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

RCG has a weird contract i don't think i've seen before.

his has a player option in his favour for 2023 and an option in the Eels favour for 2024.

p.s. it would be funny if he didn't activate his option and then the Dolphins don't want him (he is reportedly on about 750k a year) ... i would have held out a bit longer to see if the Dolphins were interested

his has a player option in his favour for 2023 and an option in the Eels favour for 2024.

p.s. it would be funny if he didn't activate his option and then the Dolphins don't want him (he is reportedly on about 750k a year) ... i would have held out a bit longer to see if the Dolphins were interested
Yeah his huge current contract is why it's weird that he wouldn't take up his option... unless of course he plans to move to Shannon Boyd's farm 🤔 🤔 🤔

I would say that the 2024 Eels' option would only be available if RCG took up his 2023 option. How hilarious though if it's not the case and he left for 2023 and then the Eels said "you're ours again in '24". Like a reverse Kahu/McCullough situation.

I would say that the 2024 Eels' option would only be available if RCG took up his 2023 option. How hilarious though if it's not the case and he left for 2023 and then the Eels said "you're ours again in '24". Like a reverse Kahu/McCullough situation.

the reports are that the Eels option has now been voided since he isn't taking up his 2023 option.

Does your kid play for North Lakes? Because I've heard of that going on with North Lakes and I think there would be a few other clubs aswell.
I used to play for Pine Rivers we used to be affiliated with Norths Devils and Melbourne Storm now their a feeder to Redcliffe
Nah there are a whole stack of feeder clubs in the Moreton Bay Shire they have their fangs into.

If they are looking for a region name that encompasses sunshine coast and Moreton Bay they should consider below....

"Who are the Gubbi Gubbi people?

The Gubbi Gubbi people are the Traditional Custodians of the land located in South East Queensland, within the Moreton bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie region."

They could then just put "Moreton bay-sunshine coast underneath". Moreton Bay would still be my choice, or even Moreton bay-sunshine coast. All are better then this no area bullshit.

If they are looking for a region name that encompasses sunshine coast and Moreton Bay they should consider below....

"Who are the Gubbi Gubbi people?

The Gubbi Gubbi people are the Traditional Custodians of the land located in South East Queensland, within the Moreton bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie region."

They could then just put "Moreton bay-sunshine coast underneath". Moreton Bay would still be my choice, or even Moreton bay-sunshine coast. All are better then this no area bullshit.
If they were looking to target sunshine coast and Moreton Bay region maybe the Peninsula Dolphins that covers more of the coastal region and Brisbane Broncos covers more of inner Brisbane.

If they were looking to target sunshine coast and Moreton Bay region maybe the Peninsula Dolphins that covers more of the coastal region and Brisbane Broncos covers more of inner Brisbane.
Bloody love that and very surprised that hasn't been mentioned in hindsight.

Bloody love that and very surprised that hasn't been mentioned in hindsight.
Yeah literally only thought of it while I was reading your post and haven't seen it mentioned in any other places.
You've got Peninsula Fair, Redcliffe peninsula railway line, Peninsula power is the soccer team and lots of other things in the area that use it in their name.
Its a way of keeping the Redcliffe without using the geographical name and location of just Redcliffe and can cover alot of areas up to sunny coast down through Moreton Bay.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.