The Dolphins discussion

they've been allowed to talk to players anyway

They cant make offers until November 1 though. I think you will see a couple of big signings in the next 2 weeks, then a flood of other players signed up probably in the next 3 months.

I dont think they were ever interested in the likes of RCG who, probably like a lot of others, will use the Dolphins as leverage to get better contracts.

Radradra? No way he comes back to the NRL for anything less than a mill and you don't pay wingers that much no matter how good they are.

Dont bank on that. He wont be a player in his peak years, he will be 31 i think by the time he can start playing for the Dolphins. They will also get him some great 3 party deals as well.

No I agree but interesting their apparent first four signings are all current or recent ex-Broncos’ staff / players.

It’s the brand of the people signing. These aren’t just the Willie Carnes or the world - you’re talking ex captains.

No I agree but interesting their apparent first four signings are all current or recent ex-Broncos’ staff / players.
Not really......as a new QLD based club, its hardly surprising that its recruitment drive is going to pick up someone who has had something to do with the Broncos.

Not really......as a new QLD based club, its hardly surprising that its recruitment drive is going to pick up someone who has had something to do with the Broncos.

Direct lower grades too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dolphins CC, MM and Colts received a lot more CV sent in than normal. You’ve got 12 months to impress and get an NRL role.

Broncos don’t have any vacancies and Broncos staff are the easiest to recruit, don’t need to move and can move up from a consult.

Barker will go there and I would have said Hickmans too after being at Brisbane, Dragons, Newcastle and Souths but he signed with the Raiders this week.

reports that Munster won't be the Phins marquee signing. he'll at least see out his Storm contract until the end of 2023

Matt Tripp says:

“Cam has indicated he wants to see out his career at the club,” Tripp said.

“I know he made comments earlier this year, but he quickly back-pedalled and tried to correct it after we had spoken. I don’t think he’d really thought it through.

“He has got family in Queensland, (his partner) Bianca is from Queensland and they’re expecting a baby.

“But your footy career isn’t forever and Melbourne is home to him. He is pretty settled down here.

“He’s probably got five or six good years left in him. I’d like to think that beyond 2023 he’d still want to make Melbourne home.

“Wayne can keep making all the statements he wants but at the end of the day Cameron is contracted to us and we’re pretty happy about that.”

reports that Munster won't be the Phins marquee signing. he'll at least see out his Storm contract until the end of 2023

Matt Tripp says:

“Cam has indicated he wants to see out his career at the club,” Tripp said.

“I know he made comments earlier this year, but he quickly back-pedalled and tried to correct it after we had spoken. I don’t think he’d really thought it through.

“He has got family in Queensland, (his partner) Bianca is from Queensland and they’re expecting a baby.

“But your footy career isn’t forever and Melbourne is home to him. He is pretty settled down here.

“He’s probably got five or six good years left in him. I’d like to think that beyond 2023 he’d still want to make Melbourne home.

“Wayne can keep making all the statements he wants but at the end of the day Cameron is contracted to us and we’re pretty happy about that.”

What Tripp’s actually saying:
“We’ve got a bucketload of dirt on Cam and he forgot that for a minute. He’s come to his senses out on the water in his new boat and remembered how good it is to have two contracts and so that’s that.”

So he has basically said he is going to fulfill his contract with Melbourne.

Craddock reporting that the Phins are set to announce the hiring of 4 former Broncos staffers.

None of the four, who cover areas including commercial, digital and media operations, are currently employed at the Broncos. they did work with Terry Reader during his 15 years at the Broncos

then they posted a photo of Isaac Luke with the caption "Ex-Bronco Ben Te’o will coach the Dolphins’ staff. Picture: AAP" :rofl

"We're the Redcliffe Dolphins. So we went and hired others to run our club for us from the Broncos' past."

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

"We're the Redcliffe Dolphins. So we went and hired others to run our club for us from the Broncos' past."

ISC clubs don't have those roles, you can't afford to have a marketing person and digital media guys and you don't have enough work for them anyway.

Their off field staff will be going from three or four to 34. They were never going to just keep their current off field staff.

ISC clubs don't have those roles, you can't afford to have a marketing person and digital media guys and you don't have enough work for them anyway.

Their off field staff will be going from three or four to 34. They were never going to just keep their current off field staff.
I think you miss the point. Wayne sits there and says, “We’re not the Broncos, we’re a totally different club.”
Neckminnit, they hire a shit tonne of ex Broncos to run their shiny new club.

They can have all our media and marketing guys who were there prior to this year, they weren't working for us clearly anyway.

I think you miss the point. Wayne sits there and says, “We’re not the Broncos, we’re a totally different club.”
Neckminnit, they hire a shit tonne of ex Broncos to run their shiny new club.

You have to get staff from somewhere, when the Broncos started they took Springer, Rach and Canavan from BRL clubs- despite saying they weren't going to rip apart BRL clubs.

Staff is all recycled and moved around. Unless you go off the grid like the Storm and get someone like Lachlan Penfold from the Golden State Warriors and even he was with the Roosters and Lions first- they all just recycle the same people.

You have to get staff from somewhere, when the Broncos started they took Springer, Rach and Canavan from BRL clubs- despite saying they weren't going to rip apart BRL clubs.

Staff is all recycled and moved around. Unless you go off the grid like the Storm and get someone like Lachlan Penfold from the Golden State Warriors and even he was with the Roosters and Lions first- they all just recycle the same people.
Exactly.....that's why the comment/criticism is so dumb and pointless.

The RL world is only so big.....I'm quite sure the majority of club's staffers (ALL Clubs) have held positions elsewhere......at other clubs

Highlighted even more so in this instance being that there is/was only 3 NRL clubs in Queensland. Most QLD'r working in the NRL industry who prefer to work/stay in QLD.......most likely ALL have had some affiliation with the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans at one point or another.

WB has found people who were unemployed and given them an opportunity......is he not supposed to touch them because at one point in time they were part of Brisbane?

Seems a bit ridiculous to even suggest such a thing........

I dont think they have recruited anyone directly from the Broncos at this moment in time.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.