The Dolphins discussion

While Trad might keep them in check and functioning, guaranteed they’ll be boring as **** while doing it

some more info about off field recruitment from the Dolphins:

Collingwood’s commercial partnerships boss Damien McDowell has quit the AFL powerhouse to link with the Dolphins

Shirley Moro will be the organisation’s chief financial officer after nine years with the Broncos.

Former Broncos media chief Trad McLean will be the Dolphins’ head of media and engagement

Tristan Croll has been announced as digital-and-design chief for the NRL’s 17th team.

Terry Reader says:

“We are all excited about the sort of playing talent we can assemble on the field for the Dolphins, but it is imperative we also have a strong roster in administration to build our commercial base,” said Dolphins CEO Terry Reader.

“These are key appointments for the organisation - I have worked alongside these people for many years, so I know what they can deliver.

“I am excited about what the Dolphins will be able to do both on and off the field.”
They got a commercial partnerships person from Melbourne for a club in Brisbane, and if that is the same media chief who has been in charge of our media and/or our relations with the media they can very, very gladly have them. Up until the last 6 months the media has only has constantly spun a controversy narrative with us.

They got a commercial partnerships person from Melbourne for a club in Brisbane, and if that is the same media chief who has been in charge of our media and/or our relations with the media they can very, very gladly have them. Up until the last 6 months the media has only has constantly spun a controversy narrative with us.

Trad left in April last year after 13 years. Since then Badel has had run of the place. Trad was very good at minimising his information and what he could write and when he could write it.

Pete's only been reigned back in lately. Trad was very good at his job and that shows in the period of the first 12 months after he left- it became a free for all.

Trad left in April last year after 13 years. Since then Badel has had run of the place. Trad was very good at minimising his information and what he could write and when he could write it.

Pete's only been reigned back in lately. Trad was very good at his job and that shows in the period of the first 12 months after he left- it became a free for all.
I know Trad has good standing with a lot of high up people and a very good rep, but the free for all started well before April last year.

Our media coverage was even worse before April last year. The last year of Bennett's you would have thought we hadn't won a game all year and the club was about to go bust the way the media was hammering us. Shocking negative sensationalism

Our media coverage was even worse before April last year. The last year of Bennett's you would have thought we hadn't won a game all year and the club was about to go bust the way the media was hammering us. Shocking negative sensationalism
Most of that was self inflicted on us by that flog white.

With the Dolphins signing Graham Harrison and now rumoured to be targeting talented young Dragons half Talatau Amone it made me wonder what capacity the Dolphins have to sign players for 2022 to play q cup.

I realised I have no idea how Q Cup salary caps work. You’d think it would be an advantage for the Dolphins to get some of their young or depth targets into their system next year in preparation for 2023.

If teams were happy to let players go early, could they in theory sign players like Isaako, Amone, and Harrison on NRL sized contracts to play cup for a year?

With the Dolphins signing Graham Harrison and now rumoured to be targeting talented young Dragons half Talatau Amone it made me wonder what capacity the Dolphins have to sign players for 2022 to play q cup.

I realised I have no idea how Q Cup salary caps work. You’d think it would be an advantage for the Dolphins to get some of their young or depth targets into their system next year in preparation for 2023.

If teams were happy to let players go early, could they in theory sign players like Isaako, Amone, and Harrison on NRL sized contracts to play cup for a year?

No cap, you can sign anyone for anything.

You could do it but problem would be if you’re giving players NRL money which wouldn’t be coming from the NRL to play ISC.

If you’re going to give them $20k it’s a good idea but if you have to pay them 200k to train three nights a week and go to Rocky on Saturday- that’s not a great use of resources.

No cap, you can sign anyone for anything.

You could do it but problem would be if you’re giving players NRL money which wouldn’t be coming from the NRL to play ISC.

If you’re going to give them $20k it’s a good idea but if you have to pay them 200k to train three nights a week and go to Rocky on Saturday- that’s not a great use of resources.
Ah good point. I hadn’t considered that the NRL provides funding to clubs for the cap and that signing them early for cup would be out of their own pockets.

Lucky they already have their own juniors and soooo much money, right?
It’s just smart recruitment from them. I’m sure they’ll produce their own also but it appears they are doing a good job of avoiding the titans failure by having succession plans from the outset. If they continue the trend and then make a inaugural team of older experience guys that can help transition the young guys to first grade I think they’ll have far better sustainability than the titans initial team did.

They really need a couple of big name signings for ‘23 though before the ofd contract well starts drying up.

Sign a handful of promising youth, grab a few big names to build the team around such as Welch, Smith, and Ponga and fill the rest of the squad with value for money guys like Sims, Opacic, Oates and they’ll be able to grow a decent team from their.

It’s just smart recruitment from them. I’m sure they’ll produce their own also but it appears they are doing a good job of avoiding the titans failure by having succession plans from the outset. If they continue the trend and then make a inaugural team of older experience guys that can help transition the young guys to first grade I think they’ll have far better sustainability than the titans initial team did.

They really need a couple of big name signings for ‘23 though before the ofd contract well starts drying up.

Sign a handful of promising youth, grab a few big names to build the team around such as Welch, Smith, and Ponga and fill the rest of the squad with value for money guys like Sims, Opacic, Oates and they’ll be able to grow a decent team from their.

Which was what the Broncos did at the start. Lewis, Miles, Scott got them through the start and attracted interest and Brisbane but at 28-29 weren’t the long term future but they needed them- but the 92 team was largely already at the club aside from Carne, Gilly and Lazo.

With the Dolphins signing Graham Harrison

Training today. Is this Harrison Graham?

FER4pyXUcAUQmbx
FER4pi2UUAI4gHL

Graham was at training last week as well.

I know it's only a small snapshot of it all he looks to be cruising in the fitness drills from the pics and videos on the broncos websites. Such terrible backing to my thoughts but lol

Some quality trolling by the Broncs today sending players to the D Bay High graduation day.

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.