The Dolphins discussion

He'll be 34 next year, pretty old so hopefully for them it's not more than a year. Good culture signing though.

This is actually a good signing for the Phins finally. .

Can build a pack around Kafusi/J Brom and a bunch of talented younger guys.

Hilarious, they wanted a rivalry with Brisbane yet it seems the club they are tearing down the most is Melbourne

That is actually a good way to do it. Tearing down Melbourne will win them a lot of fans, even as a second team. Tearing down the Broncos will just lead to hate in Brisbane.

That is actually a good way to do it. Tearing down Melbourne will win them a lot of fans, even as a second team. Tearing down the Broncos will just lead to hate in Brisbane.

I don't know the situation with the Sunshine Coast QLD cup team but there will be some serious discussions had in the future, Redcliffe would love to have that club as one of their feeders

Hilarious, they wanted a rivalry with Brisbane yet it seems the club they are tearing down the most is Melbourne
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

I also am loving seeing the storm getting pulled apart. In saying that, they'll have some serious cash to spend before too long.

I really hope they have a massive decline this season and some of the shine comes off the organisation. Otherwise they'll be dangling 3 month old rotten carrots in front of our best off contract players who will jump at it purely because "its the storm".

We really need to get amongst the premiership window because before long we wont be able to hold players with money, it will take good culture, plenty of victories and the sniff of a premiership to keep guys from heading to cashed up storm, dolphins (roosters??😂)

They'll want the Sunny Coast, just so Melbourne can't have access to local talent, it's basically right next door

They will still recruit on the coast but they wont use any other feeder clubs imo. I dont see why they would have to need to expand from having Redcliffe as their affiliate club when the setup there is excellent as it is. They dont need another when they have a system in place for kids from 6 years old and can take them all the way to ISC and ultimately the NRL.

I could possibly see them doing it down the track if they become a real success, but i think in the immediate future Redcliffe is going to be the only affiliate.

Weird signing. Bloke is getting well on in years. Could be a positive if they get him very cheap with an eye on moving him into the coaching staff if they believe he is a standards setter at Melbourne. Definitely wouldn't be paying the reported 600k/yr

Weird signing. Bloke is getting well on in years. Could be a positive if they get him very cheap with an eye on moving him into the coaching staff if they believe he is a standards setter at Melbourne. Definitely wouldn't be paying the reported 600k/yr

Players are playing a fair bit longer these days tbf. Mid 30's seems to be like the early 30's of a decade ago. I think the 2 year deal is a good one even at the rumoured $550k a year. He's still an excellent prop and currently his body isnt showing any signs of breaking down.

Players are playing a fair bit longer these days tbf. Mid 30's seems to be like the early 30's of a decade ago. I think the 2 year deal is a good one even at the rumoured $550k a year. He's still an excellent prop and currently his body isnt showing any signs of breaking down.
Oh I don't think it's a bad signing, depending what they pay for him. I think 550k is too much for a 34yr old prop, especially the way the game is going and getting faster and faster. I think he is already showing slight signs of decline, and could get worse this year. But again, at the right price, he is a good person to have around the squad.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.