The Dolphins discussion

But again you can do all that without a ISC team.

You can scout the beejeebus out of a place and not have a feeder team.

Like what the Broncos do to the Coast- have I said that 1009 times?

Has the Storm being on the Coast stopped the Broncos getting Cobbo?

Sure you can. But if if means keeping your competition out, and having first dibs on any junior talent, you align. It's almost too simple an idea, I know.

Sure you can. But if if means keeping your competition out, and having first dibs on any junior talent, you align. It's almost too simple an idea, I know.

Sure if it locked in any of that and if you weren’t already in the area and could achieve all that anyway then maybe it would make sense but given you can achieve all that without aligning with the Falcons i would just leave the Falcons alone.

Circumnavigate the Falcons set up an academy there, build strong relationships with local clubs, have a strong off field presence, scout well from schools- and you achieve all that and you’re not giving a rival club money to beat you!

This is the Broncos exact strategy……wait for it…….on the Gold Coast.

Sure if it locked in any of that and if you weren’t already in the area and could achieve all that anyway then maybe it would make sense but given you can achieve all that without aligning with the Falcons i would just leave the Falcons alone.

Circumnavigate the Falcons set up an academy there, build strong relationships with local clubs, have a strong off field presence, scout well from schools- and you achieve all that and you’re not giving a rival club money to beat you!

This is the Broncos exact strategy……wait for it…….on the Gold Coast.

The Broncos have multiple feeders. But the Broncos don't matter until they do.

It's a good idea to lock them up. That's why clubs have multiple feeders. Argue all you like.

I
The Broncos have multiple feeders. But the Broncos don't matter until they do.

It's a good idea to lock them up. That's why clubs have multiple feeders. Argue all you like.

The thing is with the Dolphins and Redcliffe they could probably use them as something a lot of people on here have been asking for if they really wanted to, a genuine reserve grade team playing ISC.

They will spread their wings and expand their recruitment into the sunny coast anyway i reckon. They already have their pathways in place so i do believe it will be more attractive for prospective players in some respects if they can see a clear route to the NRL with one team.

Do the Broncos already have one ISC club?

In their situation was the key.
They should though. Plus how does it make sense to split up Broncos players and not Dolphins players?

They should though. Plus how does it make sense to split up Broncos players and not Dolphins players?

Dolphins are already set up have a team, system normal. No finding a team, no shipping players off and training somewhere and having staff for them.

Broncos have to do all that and wait for the QRL to have a new team which they're going commit to running and want to run.

Dolphins have it good to go, that's why I would say one team suits them and is by far the most sensible option.

If they shipped their top 30 off it would just strengthen other teams to then potentially beat the Dolphins that doesn't strengthen your brand- and you'd still then have to find 30 ISC players for the Dolphins.

Using the 12-13 not in your NRL team to play ISC and having your development players make up your 17 in the ISC and if they're winning and progressing up and down to the NRL looks good for them.

That's why I am sceptical of this deal with the Capras- I bet it's all one way traffic- CQ's best coming down here and playing for the Dolphins no Dolphin will be swimming the other way.

Dolphins are already set up have a team, system normal. No finding a team, no shipping players off and training somewhere and having staff for them.

Broncos have to do all that and wait for the QRL to have a new team which they're going commit to running and want to run.

Dolphins have it good to go, that's why I would say one team suits them and is by far the most sensible option.

If they shipped their top 30 off it would just strengthen other teams to then potentially beat the Dolphins that doesn't strengthen your brand- and you'd still then have to find 30 ISC players for the Dolphins.

Using the 12-13 not in your NRL team to play ISC and having your development players make up your 17 in the ISC and if they're winning and progressing up and down to the NRL looks good for them.

That's why I am sceptical of this deal with the Capras- I bet it's all one way traffic- CQ's best coming down here and playing for the Dolphins no Dolphin will be swimming the other way.

You know how feeders work yeah? Why do you think they would send Dolphins up North, unless the Capras happen to sign a player from the Dolphins?

Players head back and play for the team they are signed when not required by their NRL team, or have I got that wrong?

You know how feeders work yeah? Why do you think they would send Dolphins up North, unless the Capras happen to sign a player from the Dolphins?

Players head back and play for the team they are signed when not required by their NRL team, or have I got that wrong?

I am unsure what you mean, so I will start at the start. Dolphins have struck a deal with the Capras to send a group of their top 30 to CQ every week- I am doubtful this will happen. It's all been promised before and a lot of time it ends up being Capras send their best down to SEQ to follow their NRL golden path of dreams but no one ever goes the other way.

As I have previously stated I just can't see any advantage of the Dolphins to send five of their 30 to CQ every Saturday morning. Bromwich just isn't going there I am sure of it.

They signed that deal so they have foot in CQ and Capras tip them off to players in their CC and MM and they have a pathway to the NRL Dolphins through the ISC Dolphins. They want to mine the best CQ have not add players.

I think the best system the Dolphins can operate under is keeping everything under their roof pick their NRL 18 every week and the rest play ISC for the Dolphins. I can't see why you would do it any other way.

Recruit locally and abroad like no man's business, have scouts and systems academies the world over but those two sides are your apex.

Nicholls now confirmed to the Dolphins, they are going to have a decent albeit old forward pack...and Isaako in the backline.

Nicholls now confirmed to the Dolphins, they are going to have a decent albeit old forward pack...and Isaako in the backline.
Very Bennett approach so far. Prioritising affordable, hard-nosed pack

Excited to see what he does from here

Geez, Souths fans will be blowing up

Vintage Wayno that, take the cream out of his past side to build up his next team. Nicholls extremely under rated before anyone shoots me down

Geez, Souths fans will be blowing up

Vintage Wayno that, take the cream out of his past side to build up his next team. Nicholls extremely under rated before anyone shoots me down
To be fair Nicholls was a nobody until Wayne. He turned him from a plodder into a bloody good player.
I think it's a case of the Dolphins giving him a better offer and Souths not wanting to stand in the way of a guy's last contract being better.

If I was a Souths fan, I'd be more upset if he was getting in the ear of players like Keaon Koloamatangi, Jaxson Paulo, Peter Mamouzelos and Davvy Moale. Nicholls had a good run in the finals, but I'd consider him fairly expendable in the grand scheme of things. It's players like the young halfback they have in Joseph Nohra I'd want him and O'Sullivan to stay clear from.

Won't Nicholls be like 34/ 35 by the time he gets there?

Active Now

• jd87
  • cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • kman
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.