Reece Robinson

T

therhyno

Mar 13, 2008
So can someone please explain why he is our strting winger?
Everytime he touched the ball he would amble in to te defenseive line, once tackled got driven back a few yards.
Sure he didnt make a mistake but geez do we not have anyone else who has some flair and some balls on the flanks???

Bennet will most likely retain Robinson just based on mistake free football.Reece hardly looks for the ball and doesnt hit the line at speed on returns.He can only improve.I'd like to see Denan Kemp in there.

Hes lacking confidence and is too shy, but i dont think he has all that much to offer in the first place..... Kemp is in a diferent league to him imo.....

nopatience101 said:
Kemp is in a diferent league to him imo.....

He is at the moment, it's called the Qld Cup [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Not sure Kemp is on WB's radar at the present time, Gerard Beale would be next cab off the rank on the wing.

reece played so much better at the trials. Got alot more involved. but in that match there was no Hodges in front of him.

He still needs a few weeks to settle in - time he may not be given. He needs to practice going to the ground more when he gets swarmed by 3-4 defenders.
I'm afraid teams in the next few weeks would have been watching the roosters game and do exactly the same game plan and bomb him all night long.
Kemp would be an ideal sub with speed from dummy half.
The winger from under 20's (i forgot his name) with the long black hair has played great in the 2 matches. very very fast too.

It would be no good for his confidence that the fact Hodges has not passed to him in an attacking situation in 160 minutes of football..

Nothing spectacular at the moment, but he's not a diaster out there either - so give him a few more weeks.

BroncoMatt said:
It would be no good for his confidence that the fact Hodges has not passed to him in an attacking situation in 160 minutes of football..

but at the same time he's not giving hodges enough room. He'd be better off hugging the sideline a bit more and wait for Hodges to either step in or beat his player with pace.

spoonbled said:
BroncoMatt said:

but at the same time he's not giving hodges enough room. He'd be better off hugging the sideline a bit more and wait for Hodges to either step in or beat his player with pace.

From what i've seen he does hug the sideline but Hodges either steps back in, or tries to go outside his opposite man leaving very little room for Robinson.

I might be rattling on like a fanboy, but does anyone think Kemp has shown more in his 2-3 chances in the top grade than Robinson has done in his 2?

I just don't understand it one bit.

mick! said:
I might be rattling on like a fanboy, but does anyone think Kemp has shown more in his 2-3 chances in the top grade than Robinson has done in his 2?

I just don't understand it one bit.

I agree, is Kemp injured??? Doesn't make sense.

Reece does look a bit shy, a little worrying under the highball. Give him a match or two more- see how he progresses, if not I'm sure Beale, Kemp and Hewitt would love to jump in and earn the spot.

Oh, and I should've added that I don't think Robinson deserves to be dropped, nor am I overly disappointed in his performance to date. I think he is improving and can stay there permanently.

I just hate the double standards that have seemingly been enforced by our coaching staff.

The problem with our wingers is that we had lots a great ones and we're always comparing their replacements with them. In comparison to the other current NRL wingers I think Boyd and Robinson hold up well enough.

He is going okay but if he was to be dropped I would give Will Tupou a shot.

In additon drop Perry and bring in Beale.

I think he's gone all-right so far. Other than that air-swing, when jumping for the ball late in Friday's game, he's been solid and looks to be a far more instinctive league player than Boyd. So far I'd give him a -B for 2008.

i'm dreading the game coming soon were he gets so much pressure put on him that in a close game his inexperience might lose us a close 1.

spoonbled said:
i'm dreading the game coming soon were he gets so much pressure put on him that in a close game his inexperience might lose us a close 1.

Did you dread that when Lockyer stepped into the number 1 jersey for the first time in 1997?

How about when Steve Renouf made his debut?

If we feared the day a rookie made a mistake we'd be the Roosters - just buy established talent from other clubs.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.