NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

this year Keenan has quickly become one of my favourites.
Between this and Rikis comments when he signed this is what we need our players to be like Herbie should have a good look at this before he makes a decision.
Reynolds had a subtle jab at Herbie in the post game last week. When asked about Herbie he gave the typical response of ‘we hope he stays, he’s a great player but he has to do what’s right for him etc’ but then he added something along the lines of “the broncos have done a lot for him and have developed him into the great player he is today so hopefully he thinks about that before making a decision”

I also love his quip to the journo who asked him if he minded coming off the bench instead of starting. He quickly fired back "I'll peel oranges for Kevvie if i thought it would help the team". When I heard that I had a quiet chuckle as I know it's attitudes like that that form the foundations of premiership winning teams.
It sounds like we are developing a soul at Red Hill and the boys are buying into it. We are sounding less and less entitled and it's reflecting on the field. I love this shit man

It sounds like we are developing a soul at Red Hill and the boys are buying into it. We are sounding less and less entitled and it's reflecting on the field. I love this shit man
True that.

Imagine the boost the team will get if we have guys like Herbie and Haas come out and say the same sort of thing as they re-sign.

I think the entitlement issue has been addressed by our recent pick ups.

We have several players (i.e. Jensen, kennedy, gamble, palasia, brenko, capewell, pereira etc.) in there mid 20s who only got into first grade after several years in QCUP working hard and are able to show others that it is a privilege to play first grade, not a right and not everyone makes it.

TMM showing how much it means to play first grade and how it can be cruelly taken away.

I think this has grounded and matured a lot of our squad.

I think the entitlement issue has been addressed by our recent pick ups.

We have several players (i.e. Jensen, kennedy, gamble, palasia, brenko, capewell, pereira etc.) in there mid 20s who only got into first grade after several years in QCUP working hard and are able to show others that it is a privilege to play first grade, not a right and not everyone makes it.

TMM showing how much it means to play first grade and how it can be cruelly taken away.

I think this has grounded and matured a lot of our squad.
Agreed. Compare those names to the ones we let go, and it's not hard to see why things have begun turning around. They may not be as good individually, but they appreciate the opportunity they've been given and they are willing to suffer for the jersey. That sort of attitude rubs off on the playing group and suddenly everyone is playing for a cause bigger than themselves. We are without a doubt a stronger team with the blokes you've mentioned, even if we may appear weaker on paper.

I'd love this to be made into a poster and have it placed on the walls leading out to the field for magic round. Hopefully Coates, Fifita and Walsh get to have a read and a think about it.
View attachment 18294
I reckon blokes like Fifita, Walsh and Coates already no they have shit character, they just don't care.

I reckon blokes like Fifita, Walsh and Coates already no they have shit character, they just don't care.
I’d like to think they are/were just too immature at the time they made their decisions.

I also love his quip to the journo who asked him if he minded coming off the bench instead of starting. He quickly fired back "I'll peel oranges for Kevvie if i thought it would help the team". When I heard that I had a quiet chuckle as I know it's attitudes like that that form the foundations of premiership winning teams.
Slater has come out and said he's going to be keeping a close eye on Keenan along with Flegler, Pat and Oatesy for origin.
So Keenan may be in the frame to peel oranges for Billy, getting him in and around the camp would step him game up even more.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.