REFS named for game 3 - difference of a tantrum

Hartley, by the way hardly had a clean skin rep when it came to bad calls. HE was suspected of favouring Manly when he reffed and twice in a semi against Parra he gave them 7 tackles whilst attacking the line. He was controversial and loved the limelight that followed with it.

So maybe, just maybe, he's saying these things to get his name in the paper, and not because he's a covert operative of Stuart's?

So it's just a coincidence that this bloke is repeating the same message as Ricky. There is no doubt Stewart is doing everything he can to publicly pressurise the match officials. This simply should not be tolerated it's blatant and unfair on the refs because no matter what happens, save a flogging one way or the other, the losing side can point to a 50 50 call and yell bias.

F@#k I HATE NSW

Hartley, by the way hardly had a clean skin rep when it came to bad calls. HE was suspected of favouring Manly when he reffed and twice in a semi against Parra he gave them 7 tackles whilst attacking the line. He was controversial and loved the limelight that followed with it.

Sooky knows he can't whinge any more so is getting one of the many other sheep who put their hands up to say what he wants them to say. When NSW get calls in their favour when playing in Sydney that's 'because of the home advantage and passionate blue's crowd factor', if it happens in QLD it's 'intimidating the refs decision'.

When is any NSWelshman going to get some balls and say, 'yeah, these tactics are pretty lame'. (I mean these are things that are not even proven, they're just said)

Last edited:
So maybe, just maybe, he's saying these things to get his name in the paper, and not because he's a covert operative of Stuart's?

Probably a big part of it, but there is still no doubt Stewart is trying to influence the match officials. How desperate and low can he go.

If Mal was doing things in this manner as a Qld supporter I would be very uncomfortable and a bit embarrassed. The AFL has a firm policy on this type of media speculation and protects it's refs far better than the NRL.

It occurred to me today reading an article on this how respectful Lockyer always was to referees as captain. Even when he queried a decision he never raised his voice or swore and almost always took the explanation on the chin and got on with the game. There is a lot to be said for his approach towards them.

Sooky knows he can't whinge any more so is getting one of the many other sheep who put their hands up to say what he wants them to say. When NSW get calls in their favour when playing in Sydney that's 'because of the home advantage and passionate blue's crowd factor', if it happens in QLD it's 'intimidating the refs decision'.

When is any NSWelshman going to get some balls and say, 'yeah, these tactics are pretty lame'. (I mean these are things that are not even proven, they're just said)

This!

It occurred to me today reading an article on this how respectful Lockyer always was to referees as captain. Even when he queried a decision he never raised his voice or swore and almost always took the explanation on the chin and got on with the game. There is a lot to be said for his approach towards them.

Because he couldn't :P

It's an approach that's lacking across the board now. Cam Smith starts to stress at the ref as the game goes on. Gallen and Thurston are on the attack from the first whistle. Thaiday seems pretty good so far though.
That was actually one of the reasons I wouldn't have minded seeing Wallace get the Broncos captaincy. I've never once seen him even shake his head at the ref after a penalty goes against him.

Who gives a rats who the refs are or how much NSW whinge, If QLD are good enough (and they are) the refs won't matter.

If QLD play to their full potential and Thurston doesn't play like he's drunk the only thing the refs will be doing is pointing to the spot where QLD has scored over and over again .

Who gives a rats who the refs are or how much NSW whinge, If QLD are good enough (and they are) the refs won't matter.

I disagree. The results of 50-50 calls or incorrect calls can really swing momentum in a game and change the result

I disagree. The results of 50-50 calls or incorrect calls can really swing momentum in a game and change the result

That should only happen if both teams are playing about as well as eachother. Jim is saying if QLD play to their absolute best, they're better than NSW at their best, and so 50-50 calls, while having an impact, shouldn't be enough to cause defeat.

On the other hand, NSW whinge about bad decisions because unless they get the rub of the green they aren't good enough to beat QLD.

to be honest, if i was in Anastas position i wouldve been saying a bit more than "youre off your head".

treat referees with respect, unless they give you reason not to. that was a clear example of them not deserving his respect.

Why? Because they got it wrong?

That should only happen if both teams are playing about as well as eachother. Jim is saying if QLD play to their absolute best, they're better than NSW at their best, and so 50-50 calls, while having an impact, shouldn't be enough to cause defeat.

While I agree on paper that the QLD team looks superior, I think on field the teams have been close enough to each other this series (even know QLD has performed what some might think as poorly, I think NSW has forced that upon them) that the refs can change the course of the game with their calls.

I think that's true to a point, but I also think Queensland has made a lot of uncharacteristic unforced errors and had a number of key players perform below their usual standard.

Not to say referees can't have a significant influence, but the philosophy that if you're good enough you'll win regardless is true most of the time.

Obviously Stewart thinks that the 50 50s can decide the result otherwise he wouldn't say anything at all.

Yes, Ricky Stuart obviously wants the 50-50 calls go his way if the game does come down to the wire, as is often the case in Origin.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.