Religion and Politics

Broncapz

QCup Player
I think Trump wins and easily.
I think Biden's VP choice will make or break his campaign. Biden has more allies than Hillary did, particulaly with a good VP choice that will only get stronger.

I'd seriously be eying Warren as VP if I was Biden.

Hopefully for the American people Bernies ideals and highlighting of the massive health insurance, student loan and pharmacutical scam going on in America will not die with him.

Last edited:

Renegade

NRL Captain
Without wanting to derail the Pell conversation, Bernie has dropped out of the US election race, leaving creepy Uncle Joe to take on Trump.

I think Trump wins and easily. While it’s a bad reflection on them, even though the DP have apparently adopted some of Bernie’s policy ideas, him not running will leave many of his supporters disillusioned (again) and won’t care about voting now that Biden is their only option as far as getting rid of Trump, and if it’s not their guy, they won’t care enough to all vote.
just has to challenge him to a pushup contest.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Biden quite literally can't string together a coherent sentence, he could choose a resurrected Abraham Lincoln as his VP and still wouldn't win.

The Trump vs Biden debates are going to be genuinely sad to watch.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Biden quite literally can't string together a coherent sentence, he could choose a resurrected Abraham Lincoln as his VP and still wouldn't win.

The Trump vs Biden debates are going to be genuinely sad to watch.
it will be full on old man masculinity on display. biden will have him covered in spades on that one. just continuously point how weak trump is, couldn't beat me in a pushup contest, or an arm wrestle, look at the size of his hands, etc etc.

it'll be cringe as **** but you know, the average american voter is pretty dumb, they might actually go for it.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Nothing in American politics will ever surprise me again, but I think Biden is a better chance of usurping Trump than Bernie, who will be painted and looked upon as a "Commie" by a lot of people. This could be determining for the race, especially in the critical purple states.

That said, how fucking bad is the Democrats shape, when their last standing options are collectively worse than many of the individuals who threw their hat in the Democrat primaries...?

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
That's not what he was on trial for.
I know. That's what he should have been on trial for. The prosecution should be held to account for the terrible handling of this case from start to finish. They clearly were pressured into prosecuting Pell to put a public face to the attrocities of the catholic church whether or not he was guilty, they kowtowed to the public's baying for blood.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I saw a good point about the high court, if the high court isn't to be trusted perhaps we should overturn other rulings they have made....MABO for example.
I think you'd find, once the emotion is gone, people would trust our justice system.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
it will be full on old man masculinity on display. biden will have him covered in spades on that one. just continuously point how weak trump is, couldn't beat me in a pushup contest, or an arm wrestle, look at the size of his hands, etc etc.

it'll be cringe as **** but you know, the average american voter is pretty dumb, they might actually go for it.
They should have gone with Elizabeth Warren, but the boys club would not approve.

She was a far better candidate than Hillary ever was. What a disgrace. She sort of reminds me of Julie Bishop, although they're on opposite sides of politics, they're both strong, articulate and smart women who could hold their own with any of the "boys club". It is a terrible shame that Julie was forced out of Australian politics and it will be a terrible shame if Elizabeth Warren is forced out of it in the USA, she's almost too old as it is, so she's probably missed her opportunity now.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
They should have gone with Elizabeth Warren, but the boys club would not approve.

She was a far better candidate than Hillary ever was. What a disgrace. She sort of reminds me of Julie Bishop, although they're on opposite sides of politics, they're both strong, articulate and smart women who could hold their own with any of the "boys club". It is a terrible shame that Julie was forced out of Australian politics and it will be a terrible shame if Elizabeth Warren is forced out of it in the USA, she's almost too old as it is, so she's probably missed her opportunity now.
Trump would've torn Pocahontas apart as well. I genuinely don't think it really matters who the Dems chose to run with, I couldn't envision Trump losing to any of them.

They had a massive opportunity this year, but their candidates really left a lot to be desired.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I think calling Trump as a sure thing is a bit of an over reach.

We just don't know what the USA looks like in 6 months, he may actually cop a huge backlash at the polls for his criminally bad mismanagement of the virus.

Then again Americans are the dumbest cunts on earth so he probably wins in a landslide.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I think calling Trump as a sure thing is a bit of an over reach.

We just don't know what the USA looks like in 6 months, he may actually cop a huge backlash at the polls for his criminally bad mismanagement of the virus.

Then again Americans are the dumbest cunts on earth so he probably wins in a landslide.
Trump will gain a lot of traction over the 6 months leading up to the election imo, not lose ground. The media have already dug up all the dirt they can on him, so there's nothing left for Biden to throw at him. Meanwhile Trump is going to hit Biden with all sorts of shit, and as I said, the debates are going to be sad to watch. Trump is an incredible debater, albeit a dirty one. I genuinely don't see a scenario where Biden wins, even with the Coronavirus debacle.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Trump would've torn Pocahontas apart as well. I genuinely don't think it really matters who the Dems chose to run with, I couldn't envision Trump losing to any of them.

They had a massive opportunity this year, but their candidates really left a lot to be desired.
I don't think that's right. Last time , didn't vote because,
1 they didn't like Hilary.
2 they thought she had it in the bag.
Republican vote didn't really change from 2014. Democrat vote went down. If they come out to vote, Democrats will win

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Trump is gaining popularity everyday. It’s absolutely incredible watch in a terrifying way.
Would rather Trump than the creepy ass Biden. Also, Trump's the only one with the balls to call China out on this when it's all said and done. I hope he leads the West in making sure China pays for this.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Would rather Trump than the creepy ass Biden. Also, Trump's the only one with the balls to call China out on this when it's all said and done. I hope he leads the West in making sure China pays for this.
Depends where Trumps personal self interest lies. You're describing Biden as creepy when he's up against Trump? That's hilarious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter