Religion and Politics

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Ha! Great response mate. It’s people with attitudes like yourself which make people go the other way when picking sides.
You are obviously to emotionally attached/Invested to the subject to have decent conversation. From the looks of it, it’s not me that’s buying into American politics.

Haven't heard a peep since Trump has been in?

The political left and right aren't as dangerous as one another, it's plain to see to those who aren't willfully ignorant. This is symptomatic of Trump supporters, and conservative voters here in Australia.

I reckon you are barking up the wrong tree with roo-ted. He ain’t the enemy bro, and nor does he care as much as - you seem to want him to?

I don't care how much he cares. Discuss it or don't. Make ridiculous claims, have them refuted.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
Going to war with NK feels like the right thing to do. Their poor population deserve a hell of a lot more care from the world around them.

Yeah the only problem is that they would probably have to flatten North Korea if they went to war with them. Once NK are denuclearized the US should invade and overthrow kim jong un

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Scomo is a nazi supporting **** ? First I’ve heard of it. You are all over the place, take a breather mate

No, Trump supporters are nazi supporting fucks.

Scomo supporters are republican-lite. Equally deplorable though.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
No, Trump supporters are nazi supporting fucks.

Scomo supporters are republican-lite. Equally deplorable though.

I’m sure not all Trump supporters are Nazi supporting fucks. People like yourself sure like to throw everyone into groups, it’s a shame really because I’m sure your conversations could be quite educational if you weren’t so emotionally charged about the topic.

You are part of the problem

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
I’m sure not all Trump supporters are Nazi supporting fucks. People like yourself sure like to throw everyone into groups, it’s a shame really because I’m sure your conversations could be quite educational if you weren’t so emotionally charged about the topic.

You are part of the problem

I'm sure they are not all nazi supporting fucks, but by voting for Trump, they are condoning that point of view, via his inability to disavow nazi/white power/proud boy blah blah blah support, even when given ample opportunity.

I'm sick of the false equating you lot try. It's pathetic, and you deserve to be called out on it. If you wanted to be educated, you would find a relevant avenue, but you don't want to be educated. Ergo, every time you pop up with an attempt at being factual, you are laughably wrong.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
I'm sure they are not all nazi supporting fucks, but by voting for Trump, they are condoning that point of view, via his inability to disavow nazi/white power/proud boy blah blah blah support, even when given ample opportunity.

I'm sick of the false equating you lot try. It's pathetic, and you deserve to be called out on it. If you wanted to be educated, you would find a relevant avenue, but you don't want to be educated. Ergo, every time you pop up with an attempt at being factual, you are laughably wrong.

I’ve actually heard him denounce white power and the kkk
There you go again with “you lot” a tactic used by a certain Nazi leader you have brought up, to put people in groups and make one seem superior over the other. I stated right from the start that I wasn’t a Trump supporter, you were the one who went rapidly out of control. You are the one basically claiming to be a expert on American politics, so I would of thought you to be the perfect person to educate me on the topic. If you can’t handle deference’s of beliefs or views maybe you should look at your own character before you start worrying about the president of another country

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
I’ve actually heard him denounce white power and the kkk
There you go again with “you lot” a tactic used by a certain Nazi leader you have brought up, to put people in groups and make one seem superior over the other. I stated right from the start that I wasn’t a Trump supporter, you were the one who went rapidly out of control. You are the one basically claiming to be a expert on American politics, so I would of thought you to be the perfect person to educate me on the topic. If you can’t handle deference’s of beliefs or views maybe you should look at your own character before you start worrying about the president of another country

He had the chance in the first debate to denounce white supremacy and nazi groups, and disavow their support, but chose not to.

Certain nazi leader...Trump??

What you stated from the start was false equivalency bullshit 'i'm not a trump supporter, but Biden is worse or just as bad' which is demonstrably not true.

I'm sorry, I don't tolerate the 'it's just a different opinion' rhetoric when that opinion or belief is unethical masquerading as righteous - which sums up conservative ideology.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Didn't he only denounce them after massive backlash for saying there were "good people" on both sides of that protest/riot?

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
He had the chance in the first debate to denounce white supremacy and nazi groups, and disavow their support, but chose not to.

Certain nazi leader...Trump??

What you stated from the start was false equivalency bullshit 'i'm not a trump supporter, but Biden is worse or just as bad' which is demonstrably not true.

I'm sorry, I don't tolerate the 'it's just a different opinion' rhetoric when that opinion or belief is unethical masquerading as righteous - which sums up conservative ideology.

Well you said via his inability to denounce those groups which he clearly has. You don’t get to change your angle once your previous one has been proven wrong

Yes that is correct I did state that I’m not a trump supporter, so I’m not sure where the rage is coming from. The “Biden is just as bad as him” part is my opinion, something you don’t believe people should be allowed to have unless they line up with your own. You talking about ethics after trying to put me into a group and ridiculing me on the basis of nothing is hilarious.
From what you’ve shown you don’t have a foot to stand on when it comes to talking about harmful ideologies and ethics, you’ve basically disagreed with everything democracy stands for and contradicted yourself

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
Didn't he only denounce them after massive backlash for saying there were "good people" on both sides of that protest/riot?

Fair statement wouldn’t you think ?

One side you’ve got people burning business, police stations and looting.
The same side you have people fighting for equality and justice.

Other side you have skin heads, kkk and racists
Same side you have people supporting police, wanting the rioting to stop and supporting their country.

(The extremists on both sides are absolute idiots.)

People just can’t handle differences in beliefs through a lack of respect for others.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Well you said via his inability to denounce those groups which he clearly has. You don’t get to change your angle once your previous one has been proven wrong

Yes that is correct I did state that I’m not a trump supporter, so I’m not sure where the rage is coming from. The “Biden is just as bad as him” part is my opinion, something you don’t believe people should be allowed to have unless they line up with your own. You talking about ethics after trying to put me into a group and ridiculing me on the basis of nothing is hilarious.
From what you’ve shown you don’t have a foot to stand on when it comes to talking about harmful ideologies and ethics, you’ve basically disagreed with everything democracy stands for and contradicted yourself

He was given the opportunity weeks ago to denounce them, and didn't. Can I offer you a guess why? Because he wants nazi scum votes. The video you posted satisfies you? Figures.

The 'Biden is just as bad' is your opinion. Yes. And it's a dumb opinion. Are your opinions sacrosanct? When did I say you couldn't have your opinion? Say stupid things, prepare to have them challenged. I'm not ridiculing you on the basis of nothing, far from it.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Fair statement wouldn’t you think ?

One side you’ve got people burning business, police stations and looting.
The same side you have people fighting for equality and justice.

Other side you have skin heads, kkk and racists
Same side you have people supporting police, wanting the rioting to stop and supporting their country.

(The extremists on both sides are absolute idiots.)

People just can’t handle differences in beliefs through a lack of respect for others.

confused joe rogan GIF

You could, denounce them both from the get go. Just a thought.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
confused joe rogan GIF

You could, denounce them both from the get go. Just a thought.

He was saying both sides have good people in them which is fundamentally true, there is no argument. Twist it how ever you want to.

Trust me no one hates racists more then I do but I’m able to look at things without bias glasses. Is trump a racist probably: is there anything wrong with the statement he made no

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
He was saying both sides have good people in them which is fundamentally true, there is no argument. Twist it how ever you want to.

Trust me no one hates racists more then I do but I’m able to look at things without bias glasses. Is trump a racist probably: is there anything wrong with the statement he made no

You can't be a fucking good person and be part of the KKK.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
He was given the opportunity weeks ago to denounce them, and didn't. Can I offer you a guess why? Because he wants nazi scum votes. The video you posted satisfies you? Figures.

The 'Biden is just as bad' is your opinion. Yes. And it's a dumb opinion. Are your opinions sacrosanct? When did I say you couldn't have your opinion? Say stupid things, prepare to have them challenged. I'm not ridiculing you on the basis of nothing, far from it.

I didn’t say anything about it satisfying me. You said he refused to denounce them after ample opportunity which isn’t true. That’s the point you are missing, I’m not emotionally invested unlike yourself.

I didn’t say you said that I could have an opinion, I just know you don’t like that fact that people do. Weather you like it or not it doesn’t mean shit.

Don’t rope people into having a conversation if you can’t handle differences or your emotions, it’s simple stuff that you should of learnt way before becoming and adult.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
You can't be a fucking good person and be part of the KKK.

Not all of them are part of the kkk! That’s my whole point

There were extremists on both sides that had nothing to do with the good people on both sides.

If you can cut a line between BLM and rioters then do the same with the racists and people that were there because they wanted the rioting to stop

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
Except the "good guys on both sides" was in reference to an actual white supremacist rally.

You are defending a guy who defended white supremacists, after one of them just fucking murdered somebody.

No, no, no that’s where you are wrong I’m not defending him as a person. I’m simply looking at a statement he made and judging that on its own.
What Proof do you have that he was referring to white supremacists?

If that’s the actual truth I’ll change my stance. One of the beauties of not having a bias

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.